2020-2021 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got an II, and the only available time for me to choose is in less than 48 hours (11/14). sweating bullets as thats not much time to prepare but excited...
URM, complete 10/15, lizzy m 64

Reactions: 6 users
just got an II, and the only available time for me to choose is in less than 48 hours (11/14). sweating bullets as thats not much time to prepare but excited...
URM, complete 10/15, lizzy m 64
No worries. Just know your app and tell them your story. Good luck on the interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do y’all think acceptances are coming out this week? I think my interviewer mentioned something about November 15th but I forgot.

Reactions: 1 user
II! Ahhhh really excited cause its near my hometown! :) Scheduled for next week!!
Edit: complete early August!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
II this afternoon, complete in June!

Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched!! I’m gonna be a doctor y’all I interviewed 10/26.

Got the A too!! I'm so humbled by this whole process and can't wait to embark on the journey to becoming a physician! Congrats y'all!!!

Interviewed here yesterday! I really fell in love with the school, hoping for that A

Hey guys! Does anybody who has interview already have any tips for the interview? Where there any questions that you did not expect, or anything you wish you would have specifically prepared for?

Hey guys! Does anybody who has interview already have any tips for the interview? Where there any questions that you did not expect, or anything you wish you would have specifically prepared for?

There are two interviews: one open file and closed file. So know your application well as the usual.

I wouldn't say any of the questions were unexpected. One of my interviewers was very conversational and the other was usual interview "getting to know you questions " also have questions you want to ask and know why you're applying to UTRGV.

Got accepted on Wednesday night. 2nd cycle applying. Congrats to those who also received A. For those still waiting, give it time. The hardest part is waiting. Trust me, I know from last year.

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted on Wednesday night. 2nd cycle applying. Congrats to those who also received A. For those still waiting, give it time. The hardest part is waiting. Trust me, I know from last year.
Congratulations on your acceptance!!

Congrats!!

Although I'm not an applicant here, I wanted to give you all with lower stats some hope! My friend is a Texas resident and received an II two weeks ago with a 3.0 and 507. They are a URM with limited research and decent EC's. Their interview was yesterday!

II a moment ago. Complete mid-August, IS, non-traditional, no research, URM, fluent Spanish-speaker. Only 3 dates were visible to me and all in December.

I just got my first Med School Acceptance from UTRGV!!!!
Stats for Those who care: 3.47 cgpa; 3.27 sgpa; 510 MCAT - URM (LM 65)

edit: interviewed 11/19

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Prematch!!! This is my first choice!!! AHHHH

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Anyone's TMDSAS interview still not showing up yet? I interviewed week of 11/23, anyone else?

Anyone's TMDSAS interview still not showing up yet? I interviewed week of 11/23, anyone else?
that's weird mine popped up like 3 days after my interview back in November. Maybe email the school or TMDSAS?

Actually, UTRGV now shows on my rank list so it took 3 days from interview.

Did anyone else never even get a video view? I'm fine with not having gotten an interview as I'd likely choose the school that gave me a prematch over here anyway, but it's frustrating to have worked crazy hard on a video and not have them even watch it.

Did anyone else never even get a video view? I'm fine with not having gotten an interview as I'd likely choose the school that gave me a prematch over here anyway, but it's frustrating to have worked crazy hard on a video and not have them even watch it.
I interviewed and didn’t have any views. I think it might be the way the video is linked thru the portal or something. Or maybe they use it post interview

I interviewed and didn’t have any views. I think it might be the way the video is linked thru the portal or something. Or maybe they use it post interview

Same here. 0 views as of this morning

From my understanding, having your video viewed has no real bearing on II. Mine was viewed multiple times and I haven’t received anything from them!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users