2021-2022 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody heard back on pre-match, I got my interview invite on 8/27.. pretty nervous. Even made a SDN account to stay in the loop :( #Cryingalldayerrday

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody heard back on pre-match, I got my interview invite on 8/27.. pretty nervous. Even made a SDN account to stay in the loop :( #Cryingalldayerrday
Not yet on my end. I read back through last year's thread and UTRGV doesn't seem to have sent super early pre-matches.

Reactions: 2 users
Not yet on my end. I read back through last year's thread and UTRGV doesn't seem to have sent super early pre-matches.
Yeah I saw that November 18th was the date they sent some out for last years…. Thanks for replying! Best of luck ❤️

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have a really off blind interview? Just interviewed yesterday and really vibed with the first guy but the blind interview started 10 minutes late because of technical difficulties on their end and ended 10 minutes early (Just 20 minutes). My blind interviewer seemed very disinterested by what I had to say and it threw me off tbh. Stressing hard since this was my first II so far...

Anyone else have a really off blind interview? Just interviewed yesterday and really vibed with the first guy but the blind interview started 10 minutes late because of technical difficulties on their end and ended 10 minutes early (Just 20 minutes). My blind interviewer seemed very disinterested by what I had to say and it threw me off tbh. Stressing hard since this was my first II so far...
The same thing happened to me, but with my open interview. There were technical difficulties on their end and we started like 7 minutes late, but we actually went over like 15 minutes (I guess they didn't have an interview after mine). I have heard from friends that are currently enrolled at UTRGV SOM that some interviewers purposefully seem uninterested to throw you off or that they may seem 'uninterested', but really, they are just paying close attention and taking notes. Whatever the case may be, don't let it discourage you, I am sure you did well! Despite the technical difficulties and the seemingly uninterested interviewer, I was still fortunate enough to be accepted into this school! Best of luck on the rest of the app cycle!

The same thing happened to me, but with my open interview. There were technical difficulties on their end and we started like 7 minutes late, but we actually went over like 15 minutes (I guess they didn't have an interview after mine). I have heard from friends that are currently enrolled at UTRGV SOM that some interviewers purposefully seem uninterested to throw you off or that they may seem 'uninterested', but really, they are just paying close attention and taking notes. Whatever the case may be, don't let it discourage you, I am sure you did well! Despite the technical difficulties and the seemingly uninterested interviewer, I was still fortunate enough to be accepted into this school! Best of luck on the rest of the app cycle!
Congrats on your pre-match!! (if I'm reading that correctly)

I also had one interviewer who was a little tougher and we also had technical difficulties getting connected; the other was super nice and spent almost an hour talking to me. I also ended up with two closed file interviews somehow! That def threw me off, but nevertheless I think it went ok. I interviewed back at the end of Aug. and I have been holding my breath ever since, the school is fantastic and I would be so thrilled to be accepted!

@caffeinatedmed congrats on the acceptance! Do you mind sharing if you were early decision or regular? And did you get any scholarship with your offer?

Reactions: 1 user
@caffeinatedmed congrats on the acceptance! Do you mind sharing if you were early decision or regular? And did you get any scholarship with your offer?
I apologize for the late response, but I was an EDP applicant, and this came with a scholarship! For anyone that applied regularly, you shouldn't be discouraged as a friend of mine didn't get her prematch offer until December!

I apologize for the late response, but I was an EDP applicant, and this came with a scholarship! For anyone that applied regularly, you shouldn't be discouraged as a friend of mine didn't get her prematch offer until December!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 9/16 and have not heard back yet... hoping for the best.
I interviewed 9/7 and also have not heard back yet.. Keep your head up and stay positive, we will be just fine!! Best wishes <3 I know how difficult it is right now...

I interviewed 9/7 and also have not heard back yet.. Keep your head up and stay positive, we will be just fine!! Best wishes <3 I know how difficult it is right now...
For real, I refresh my email every hour with my heart racing every time.

I interviewed 8/29 for regular decision and I think if my inbox could, it would cut me off and lock me out for checking it so often! lol

I interviewed 8/29 for regular decision and I think if my inbox could, it would cut me off and lock me out for checking it so often! lol

I can totally relate LOL I deleted my email app from my phone because of how much I kept refreshing it.. Not healthy! It was making me so anxious and decided to put my mental health first. Now I only check my email twice a day. Once when I wake up and again in the evening... Try that! It helped me take the edge of things a bit. Best wishes! <3 :) I hope we're all future classmates!

Reactions: 5 users
rip. Got a Facebook invite and thought it was a prematch offer

Reactions: 7 users
who just had a total heart attack from the UTRGV SOM facebook invite

Reactions: 9 users
Not that I suspect anything unprofessional from y'all but please be mindful of your public social media presence if you choose to join :)

I cried of happiness, then cried of sadness .. I don’t even have a Facebook 😢why they do us like this #Cryingalldayerrday

is it normal for schools to invite applicants to a class facebook page if they havent been accepted yet? i almost had a heart attack when i got the facebook page invite.

is it normal for schools to invite applicants to a class facebook page if they havent been accepted yet? i almost had a heart attack when i got the facebook page invite.
It's usually not done until an offer of admission has been made - are they inviting you to just "like" them on Facebook, or to join a Class of 2026 page?

It's usually not done until an offer of admission has been made - are they inviting you to just "like" them on Facebook, or to join a Class of 2026 page?
It's an invite to join the Class of 2026 page. But part of the email says "this is a private page- only applicants who have been accepted through our Early Decision Program and applications who have completed their interviews have access."

The Facebook thing is so funny. It's really just a virtual way of doing all the on-campus activities that we would have done as applicants (Q&A Panels, tours, etc.) But having it called "Class of 2026" can confuse a lot of people (me included)

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody get invited for a in person medical school tour?

• Wow
I don't have a Facebook.. do you think that will hurt me if I don't join the group?
I doubt it will have any effect. It sounds like these emails are being sent out to all who interview and are purely informational due to not having presentations on interview day.

I received an II this afternoon! I'm a reapplicant and was waitlisted at this school last year

Reactions: 3 users
I pre-matched last night!:eek::love: I'm a non-traditional re-applicant from the valley. UTRGV is my first choice since I plan to practice here in the future and I'll be matriculating this fall. So excited to meet everyone! I can't believe that I'm finally going to be an MD!!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
I pre-matched last night!:eek::love: I'm a non-traditional re-applicant from the valley. UTRGV is my first choice since I plan to practice here in the future and I'll be matriculating this fall. So excited to meet everyone! I can't believe that I'm finally going to be an MD!!!:soexcited:
congrats! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

That’s super awesome! I’m so stoked for you. Hopefully my time will come but hearing good news others receive is definitely rewarding! Especially a story like yours, re applicant and you got your first choice 👏👏👏👏 yasssss CONGRATS 😀

Congrats!!

Has anyway received a follow-up email with more details after completing the google doc for the campus tours?

Has anyway received a follow-up email with more details after completing the google doc for the campus tours?
no :( I actually emailed them this morning asking for details. I'll definitely post what they tell me

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for UTRGV?

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for UTRGV?
Last year they interviewed 511 people for their class size of 55. I know the acceptance rate is higher than the matriculation rate, but I don't have the numbers on how many acceptances were offered.

Just interviewed with UTRGV. Waitlisted last year, hopefully all goes well this year :)

Any insight on what to look for post-interview? Is it just a waiting game? Or should I reach out?

Good evening all, I was wondering if this school is still scheduling interviews? Or if they given most out already, thanks in advance!