2022-2023 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y’all built towers?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think there will be any new prematches until next Monday and the Monday after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
First prematches were sent out last Monday according to their admissions director. I think we just didn’t see any here since it was probably just a handful.

Reactions: 1 user
Can those who interviewed in the first session still get pre matched? or was last Monday the only day for those folks

Can those who interviewed in the first session still get pre matched? or was last Monday the only day for those folks
Believe in yourself and your application! You were invited to interview for a reason!

There is a possibility that you may pre match, match or receive an acceptance post match day!

Keep your head up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If you don’t prematch initially, you unfortunately wait for match day to find out.

that's brutal. this 100% what they said?
That’s definitely how the director put it on Friday. It’s definitely not a soft R though as so many get in through match and the waitlist after. Additionally you can move up or down their rankings as the cycle goes on.

Hi, I'm a little confused about the "Describe how you decide if a person or source is trustworthy. (300 words or less)" secondary question. What route did you all take to answer this?
This is not an answer you can crowdsource - what would you do and how would you think about it?

Reactions: 1 users
II today at 1:08pm Central! :) Complete on 9/28.
Dates available are 10/31, and Nov 1-4.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those receiving IIs.

Some of you all who have pre-matches and wont probably attend UTRGV should consider declining so others who do want it have a shot.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Gave it some thought and just declined my II, hoping to pass it on to one of you!!

Not going to lie, their required in-person group interview is a good screener to see who actually wants to attend the school.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Gave it some thought and just declined my II, hoping to pass it on to one of you!!

Not going to lie, their required in-person group interview is a good screener to see who actually wants to attend the school.
You are going to make good doctors. You are serving others already.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Prematched this evening! Interviewed Mid September and Group Interviewed 10/21.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Pematched at 6PM today! Interviewed mid September and Group intererviewd 10/21!

Reactions: 7 users
Pre-matched as well! Hope some of those I met were extended an offer as well!

Reactions: 8 users
Withdrew just now due to being admitted to a program that is closer to home.
Nicely done! I withdrew on Monday after the UTMB prematch. Was definitely the right thing to do. Good stuff Thiccy!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I prematched!! email received at 9:27pm

Complete 07/25, II 09/21, Virtual Interviewed 09/27, Inperson Group Interview 10/21

(i hope the dates help lol)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hello! Anyone who has done the in-person interview, what was it like? Is this the MMI format or a typical group interview/interviewee format?

This year it is two 30-minute interviews, not MMI
The virtual component consisted of two 30 minutes interviews. The website refers to the in-person interview as a "group format." Was wondering if that part was MMI style or just a few interviewees with a few interviewers asking traditional questions.

Hello! Anyone who has done the in-person interview, what was it like? Is this the MMI format or a typical group interview/interviewee format?
Not sure what they did as a group (sounded like they competed as groups) but several who went on 10/21 got admitted further up this thread.

Looks like they also had a tour, presentation etc.

The virtual component consisted of two 30 minutes interviews. The website refers to the in-person interview as a "group format." Was wondering if that part was MMI style or just a few interviewees with a few interviewers asking traditional questions.
The in-person interview day consists of a couple of short presentations, a campus tour, and group interviews. The group interview is pretty casual, with a group discussion and activity. Hope that helps!

Turned down my pre match here today. Hard to do since I'm from the area. I hope it goes to one of y'all

• Care
  • Wow
anyone else took a while to receive a secondary ?

II today 11/3! Complete 7/28, IS.

Reactions: 5 users
wondering if the 10/28 in-person interviewers are going to hear back about pre-matches today... Anyone receive one yesterday by chance?

Last edited:
Pre-match just rolled through! In-person interview 10/28

• Love
The Director of Admissions stated on interview day that all 55 seats will be given through pre-match.

• Wow
Sorry guys, I may have worded it poorly. So she said that they OFFER 55 pre-matches. So the matriculants aren't necessarily all filled before the match because not all of them accept the pre-matches.

Sorry guys, I may have worded it poorly. So she said that they OFFER 55 pre-matches. So the matriculants aren't necessarily all filled before the match because not all of them accept the pre-matches.
She said ~40% of the class gets in off the match when I group interviewed.

Reactions: 4 users
All schools have to send rejections when they run out of interview spots.

Anyone else who interviewed on or after 10/21 not see UTRGV in the pre match rank list on TMDSAS yet? I’m wondering when I should worry/should send an email to admissions

Anyone else who interviewed on or after 10/21 not see UTRGV in the pre match rank list on TMDSAS yet? I’m wondering when I should worry/should send an email to admissions
I interviewed Nov 4th and the admissions director let us know they're having trouble with it showing up and to not worry about it.