2020-2021 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If my math is right, since October only 4 people posted here that they had Pre-matched
(sure there were probably others who Pre-matched too, but didn't post here).

I guess it's fair to assume then that UTRGV will be match-heavy this time around.
@wysdoc would you agree ?

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview Saturday. Today, I received an email to join the Facebook group foe Class of 2025. However, I have not been accepted. Does everyone who is interviewed receive an invitation to join the Facebook group? Thank you and good luck!
don't worry, I too, was led astray by that facebook page :(

Reactions: 1 user
If my math is right, since October only 4 people posted here that they had Pre-matched
(sure there were probably others who Pre-matched too, but didn't post here).

I guess it's fair to assume then that UTRGV will be match-heavy this time around.
@wysdoc would you agree ?
Looks like it. There were a few accepted ED as well on Oct. 1

Members don't see this ad :)
funny! wouldn't be a bad idea tbh. I was just wondering tho.
But to answer your question, I haven't checked since I submitted. Also probably because I got a II from them so I may be a bit biased towards not worrying about checking the view count.

I just checked and I have 18 views!! Last time I checked it was at 2. I'm about to monetize too!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
But to answer your question, I haven't checked since I submitted. Also probably because I got a II from them so I may be a bit biased towards not worrying about checking the view count.

I just checked and I have 18 views!! Last time I checked it was at 2. I'm about to monetize too!
Well the reason I was asking was because mine is unlisted so basically only utrgv can see it & I got a view right before my ii. Wondering if they’ll look at it again before match day.

I'm OOS and interviewed here in early December. I haven't heard back from them since the interview but just judging from here, it doesn't look like they've sent any pre-match offers or anything to students since my interview. Since I'm not in the match, do you think it would be okay to email them to just check on my status?

has anyone who matched to UTRGV received an acceptance email?

Who even matched to this school ....

Reactions: 1 users
I matched this morning and just got an acceptance email from UTRGV!!! I hope other people post, I’d love to know who else will be starting with me in July☺️ to anyone who didn’t match I hope you will be gentle with yourselves and keep on trying! this was my second round so I wish you all the best!!

Reactions: 6 users
I matched this morning and just got an acceptance email from UTRGV!!! I hope other people post, I’d love to know who else will be starting with me in July☺️ to anyone who didn’t match I hope you will be gentle with yourselves and keep on trying! this was my second round so I wish you all the best!!
Thanks! Anyone else? Seems like not much action with UTRGV match

Hi, it does not seem like anyone matched here or willing to come forward haha! A few questions for me: Will this school send out an email if we are on the waitlist this year and if so when? Also is there a lot of movement on that so waitlist? And finally I’ve seen letters of interest written in past thread for this school and was wondering is that something that changes year by year or does this school always accept these letters! Thank you!

Reactions: 4 users
has anyone spoken to admissions post-match day?
I did. I spoke with them yesterday to see how I could better myself as an applicant. They said they would be sending correspondence in the next few weeks.
My question is when do you have to make a decision about which school you are going to attend?

I did. I spoke with them yesterday to see how I could better myself as an applicant. They said they would be sending correspondence in the next few weeks.
My question is when do you have to make a decision about which school you are going to attend?
did they say anything about waitlist?

did they say anything about waitlist?
I emailed yesterday about a waitlist and they just replied. They said they are finalizing things on their side and they will reach out to students soon.

Reactions: 5 users
Heyy, first time poster here =] - I matched to this school on match day! I have a quick question: I received the congratulations email and contingencies form for matriculation that is due at my earliest convenience (truly due by June 1st) and was wondering if anyone knew if this form simply acknowledges the things I have to complete before matriculation or if it is essentially an agreement (binding?) for matriculation between the school and I? It seems more like the former, but just want a little clarification - thanks!
Texans can & should start doing the paperwork for matriculation at their Match school.
You are still eligible to move over to another school which offers you a place from their Wait List, until May 15th.
Congratulations on matching -

Heyy, first time poster here =] - I matched to this school on match day! I have a quick question: I received the congratulations email and contingencies form for matriculation that is due at my earliest convenience (no firm due date) and was wondering if anyone knew if this form simply acknowledges the things I have to complete before matriculation or if it is essentially an agreement (binding?) for matriculation between the school and I? It seems more like the former, but just want a little clarification - thanks!

Texans can & should start doing the paperwork for matriculation at their Match school.
You are still eligible to move over to another school which offers you a place from their Wait List, until May 15th.
Congratulations on matching -
Got it! Sounds good - Thanks!

Got the WL email. It said I was in a "favorable position", but idk if that's just a copy paste thing,

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know how many spots on WL there is?

I assumed whoever didn't match gets placed automatically? However, idk how many people that is
Check out this thread from 2018-19 cycle. Talks about the waitlist movement and said everyone gets the same email "favorable position".

Waitlist as well w “Favorable position” but I mean if everyone gets waitlisted, and they had over 7000 applicants, that doesn’t seem so favorable? Do some students get R’s? They said about 50% enter from waitlist, so that leaves 25 of us lucky souls #goodluckall

Waitlist as well w “Favorable position” but I mean if everyone gets waitlisted, and they had over 7000 applicants, that doesn’t seem so favorable? Do some students get R’s? They said about 50% enter from waitlist, so that leaves 25 of us lucky souls #goodluckall
WL can only go to those who interviewed : a number <<<<7000.
But yeah, more waiting.

You also need to understand that although they had 7,000 applicants not everyone was interviewed. They interviewed roughly 300 students (going based off of the FB page for students that were interviewed/ ED accepted).

and of those 300, X number of students were accepted, those remaining are on the waitlist. From past threads, there seems to be a lot of waitlist movement.

You also need to understand that although they had 7,000 applicants not everyone was interviewed. They interviewed roughly 300 students (going based off of the FB page for students that were interviewed/ ED accepted).

and of those 300, X number of students were accepted, those remaining are on the waitlist. From past threads, there seems to be a lot of waitlist movement.
I spoke with a first year who said last year only 2 people got off the waitlist.

I spoke with a first year who said last year only 2 people got off the waitlist.

This is from the 2018/19 cycle, just trying to be optimistic.

just wanted to help provide info, I don’t think everyone who interviewed gets on the WL as I interviewed and didn’t get on it, so maybe it’s selective to those who ranked it higher than a school that they matched to or there’s another criteria they’ve for their WL

Reactions: 1 users
I got wl but ranked it 4th out of 4 interviews. Didn’t match anywhere else though:(

• Care