2020-2021 UT Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just Got an A. IS. Interview Jan.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Were any of you with recent A's holding spots at your lower ranked schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to select utsw on amcas tool bc I don't see it.

Thanks for the input, and best of luck to all of you. It's been nearly 35 years since I went through this process, it's incredible how much more difficult it seems comparatively now.

• Care
For the most part, this application cycle journey has come to an end (at least for me) but I just wanted to take some time to thank all of you here for your help throughout this application cycle! Most importantly I'd like to thank @wysdoc and @texasvandy , I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say your support and advice have been instrumental for us throughout this application cycle!

Best of luck to all of you here in all of your future endeavors I look forward to hopefully working with some of you in the future as physicians!

For the most part, this application cycle journey has come to an end (at least for me) but I just wanted to take some time to thank all of you here for your help throughout this application cycle! Most importantly I'd like to thank @wysdoc and @texasvandy , I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say your support and advice have been instrumental for us throughout this application cycle!

Best of luck to all of you here in all of your future endeavors I look forward to hopefully working with some of you in the future as physicians!
Congratulations on getting into Long!

Congrats and best of luck for your endeavors at Long. Thanks for all that have been so supportive and encouraging

Sorry if this was answered, I couldn't find it anywhere.

If I am currently on the waitlist but also hold an acceptance at Long, I know that I cannot be accepted as of now (past May 15th).

However, does this mean that I am now removed from the waitlist at UTSW and other Texas schools? Or if for some reason I dropped my Long acceptance, could I then be accepted in a week or so to another Texas school?

Sorry if this was answered, I couldn't find it anywhere.

If I am currently on the waitlist but also hold an acceptance at Long, I know that I cannot be accepted as of now (past May 15th).

However, does this mean that I am now removed from the waitlist at UTSW and other Texas schools? Or if for some reason I dropped my Long acceptance, could I then be accepted in a week or so to another Texas school?
You are now out of the wait list game and will be attending your match school. Set your heart and mind that this is your school ❤️ 💜

You are now out of the wait list game and will be attending your match school. Set your heart and mind that this is your school ❤️ 💜
Gotcha. Thank you! And this is the same situation if I am an OOS applicant, yes?

Edit: To be clear, I LOVE everything about Long SOM so far, I was just curious!

Gotcha. Thank you! And this is the same situation if I am an OOS applicant, yes?

Edit: To be clear, I LOVE everything about Long SOM so far, I was just curious!
Yes. IS or OOS, if you have a TX acceptance you are no longer eligible for WL offers.

(Edited to be more specific: no longer eligible for WL offers at Texas schools.
WLs at OOS schools are still fair game if they are on any of those.)

Last edited:
Yes. IS or OOS, if you have a TX acceptance you are no longer eligible for WL offers.

(Edited to be more specific: no longer eligible for WL offers at Texas schools.
WLs at OOS schools are still fair game if they are on any of those.)
One last waitlist question for you! I just got an acceptance offer from Paul foster from the waitlist, but am still on the waitlist at UTSW. I did not hold a Texas acceptance before getting off the Paul foster waitlist. Does my acceptance today remove me from consideration on the UTSW waitlist?

I'm absolutely elated about getting the call from El paso today by the way, but still curious about how it works with the other waitlist.

Thanks so much for all your help!

One last waitlist question for you! I just got an acceptance offer from Paul foster from the waitlist, but am still on the waitlist at UTSW. I did not hold a Texas acceptance before getting off the Paul foster waitlist. Does my acceptance today remove me from consideration on the UTSW waitlist?

I'm absolutely elated about getting the call from El paso today by the way, but still curious about how it works with the other waitlist.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Yes - if you accept Paul Foster's offer, you would no longer be eligible for any more WL offers.
Also sent you a PM