2020-2021 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually just called UTRGV as well and they said some people just withdrew, so they're currently reviewing the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It stinks that the answer you get to a question depends on who picks up the phone.
Seriously!!! Some give you a generic response and some give you a tailored response. I got a tailored response. It is my MCAT. 🥲

Last edited:
Yah I called yesterday too to get some info and they said they had four spots open up that they will be deciding on in the next week. Good luck to us all!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got off the waitlist today! Super excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Would it be right to assume if one offer went out they all went out today?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Today was my last time calling UTRGV about the waitlist. They said all the waitlist spots have been filled. I am preparing for the new cycle. I need to retake the MCAT. Besides Examcrackers, Kaplan Prep, and The Princeton Review. How did you prepare for the MCAT? I have access to the AAMC material, and I am wondering should I focus on that to try something new. Any suggestions? Thank you. Good Luck and Congratulations to all of those who matriculated.

Reactions: 3 users
Today was my last time calling UTRGV about the waitlist. They said all the waitlist spots have been filled. I am preparing for the new cycle. I need to retake the MCAT. Besides Examcrackers, Kaplan Prep, and The Princeton Review. How did you prepare for the MCAT? I have access to the AAMC material, and I am wondering should I focus on that to try something new. Any suggestions? Thank you. Good Luck and Congratulations to all of those who matriculated.
Guess they all went yesterday

Hello, all. I called UTRGV again. I asked them if the Class of 2025 had been completed and she said no. They were "frantically trying to get kids in" because the semester begins soon. I asked her how and when we would know if the class was completed: she said the announcement would most likely be made through the Facebook page, probably towards the end of the month.

Just an update for y'all.

• Wow
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
Hello, all. I called UTRGV again. I asked them if the Class of 2025 had been completed and she said no. They were "frantically trying to get kids in" because the semester begins soon. I asked her how and when we would know if the class was completed: she said the announcement would most likely be made through the Facebook page, probably towards the end of the month.

Just an update for y'all.
I honestly don’t know what to believe at this point. I don’t understand how there can be a different answer to whether or not the class of full every time someone calls. It’s very frustrating.

Reactions: 2 users
I honestly don’t know what to believe at this point. I don’t understand how there can be a different answer to whether or not the class of full every time someone calls. It’s very frustrating.
What follows is my opinion, though I try really hard to be neutral on the Texas school message threads. My comments on the communications deficit between office and applicants should not be construed as a general criticism of the school as a whole.
Disclaimer out of the way:

This is very typical of communication with this school and it is definitely something they can improve upon in the future.
They need to train the staff in the office of admissions to give a consistent message and be prepared for answers to these types of questions from applicants, who need accurate information to make important decisions.
I honestly don't know if there is high turnover in their office staff or just lack of training.

I am hopeful that the new dean who starts next month will take a look at the admissions department and lead towards improvement.

Reactions: 8 users
I am over it. I am preparing as if I was not accepted. I am not calling anymore 😂

Reactions: 1 users
Any updates this week?
The class is full and the waitlist will remain open until the day before the first day of classes. I asked one of the fb admin of class 2025. The fb group now has 62 peeps 4 of which of are admin.

In my mind they are done

Reactions: 1 user