2022-2023 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who matched heard anything/received anything?
I called the office and was told we are supposed to get something soon. My guess is sometime this week. PM for details if you want

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard about the WL here? I’m curious if RGV is also limiting their WL invitations now

Only 45 from the class of 2023 matched? Was the class size smaller at that time?
45 matched and 5 more from the class of 2022 who apparently had not matched last year.
Incoming class size is 55-56 every year.

A student who started 4 years ago may not be eligible to match for a variety of reasons including illnesses, leave of absence, remediation for failing all or part of a year, or leaving medical school altogether. It’s a tough road and not everyone makes it.

Does anyone know the name of the apt complex where most som students live? One of the student mentioned that it’s near a hospital and resident doctors live there too

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the name of the apt complex where most som students live? One of the student mentioned that it’s near a hospital and resident doctors live there too
I am not going to UTRGV but am from the area. It's very cheap to live near UTRGV. However the hospitals and UTRGV are not exactly super close to each other.

Anyone know if there has been any waitlist movement yet?
I know someone took a spot at another school this past week so I imagine that a waitlist invite will go out this week.

Any wl movement 😮‍💨?

Last Day to Withdraw and Receive 100% Tuition is tomorrow and term begins on 07/03, so my waitlist hope is running low :( Does anyone know if anyone was accepted off the waitlist this cycle?

I think s/he meant for accepted students to withdraw their acceptance so a spot will open up to pull from the waitlist.
I am guessing they have another admission where they paid deposit for which they could get a refund unless UTRGV required students to pay tuition already and thats what they are referring to.

I am guessing they have another admission where they paid deposit for which they could get a refund unless UTRGV required students to pay tuition already and thats what they are referring to.
I looked at the UTRGV academic calendar page & orientation started June 29 and July 3 is the last day a new student can withdraw with tuition refunded.
I guess it would be pretty dire if a student decided after just 4 days at a school that they wanted to withdraw! Unless they got in to another school from a WL.

@ge123456 I haven't seen many, if any, posts on SDN about people getting in to UTRGV from WLs this year. There must have been some!
Sorry this wasn't your year to get in.

I looked at the UTRGV academic calendar page & orientation started June 29 and July 3 is the last day a new student can withdraw with tuition refunded.
I guess it would be pretty dire if a student decided after just 4 days at a school that they wanted to withdraw! Unless they got in to another school from a WL.

@ge123456 I haven't seen many, if any, posts on SDN about people getting in to UTRGV from WLs this year. There must have been some!
Sorry this wasn't your year to get in.
Didnt realize UTRGV started orientation and collected tuition already. Agree this would be like someone waiting to hit a jackpot - so many stars have to be aligned for someone to be waiting for a spot in this manner, not even knowing whether they are at the top of the waitlist.