2021-2022 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! Does anyone know when is the last day that there will be waitlist movement??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when is the last day that there will be waitlist movement??
Last day is basically orientation day, but I called the office the other day and they said there might be some word next week 🙏

Reactions: 2 users
Lmao is anyone else tracking to FB group to predict waitlist movement. We were at 227 the other day and now its 223 :thinking:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao is anyone else tracking to FB group to predict waitlist movement. We were at 227 the other day and now its 223 :thinking:
Not going to lie I did this last year. However instead of the interviewee Facebook group, I tracked the actual Matriculant FB Group. I searched for the class of 2025 UTRGV and watched the numbers. I think that one is a better estimate than the interviewee one. I didn’t start “tracking” until May “something” which was the official date students had to decide which school they wanted to attend. Maybe I should be a PI instead of a physician 😂. This year I’m like whatever happens happens.

😭 I called the admissions office today and they said there weren't any updates 😭 I'm gonna lose it waiting till June 30th

Reactions: 1 users
I got into an MPH program at UT Health so if I have to reapply next year I'm coming back for round 2 leveled tf up

I might be reading too much into it bc ~premed student~, but anyone else not able to log into / reset the password for their applicant portal? I was able to earlier in the week so I’m wondering if a) the site’s glitching or under maintenance, b) they’ve deleted prior portals now that the new cycle has started, or c) their class is set and final rejection notifications are coming.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I might be reading too much into it bc ~premed student~, but anyone else not able to log into / reset the password for their applicant portal? I was able to earlier in the week so I’m wondering if a) the site’s glitching or under maintenance, b) they’ve deleted prior portals now that the new cycle has started, or c) their class is set and final rejection notifications are coming.
It's interesting that you noticed that, I actually just logged into my account the other day successfully and now I cannot as well. I guess we'll see what's to come, but I wouldn't give up hope!

• Care
I think it is because of the new cycle. However, yesterday was the day where med school applicants could only hold one spot at a school, so maybe the class is set. I also saw on Facebook where the class of 2026 were fitted for their white coats.

Last edited:
I got in off the waitlist yesterday! Hopefully this gives some of you hope knowing that movement is still happening. :)

• Love
I think it is because of the new cycle. However, yesterday was the day where med school applicants could only hold one spot at a school, so maybe the class is set. I also saw on Facebook where the class of 2026 were fitted for their white coats.
Does that rule only apply for IS or OOS as well?

Does that rule only apply for IS or OOS as well?
If you already hold a spot at a TMDSAS school, whether you are In-state or OOS, after May 15th you will no longer be eligible for offers from a TMDSAS WL.
If you have an AACOMAS or AMCAS acceptance (or no acceptances) you can still stay on the TMDSAS wait lists.

Did anyone else receive a call from UTRGV asking if they were still interested in the waitlist?

I got that call too, but declined. I got accepted a few days ago at another school, and I just thought my app would autowithdraw after. 🤷‍♂️
@Sunnyvale97 I’d love it if you pm me your acceptance offer so I can put it in my Texas Roundup posts

@nothisizpatrick Did you get any news this week?

@nothisizpatrick Did you get any news this week?

not from UTRGV, which was my only in-state interview (kicking myself now for not just applying to all TX schools like everyone else does lol) nor did I get a call about the WL like some have reported

Last edited:
I also got this call. Do y'all think it means anything?
I think it means they are reviewing their WL to see who might fill open spots, and don't want to waste time contacting people who are no longer available to them. Good luck everyone!

Is UTRGV accredited?
UTRGV remains at the Provisional accreditation level. Graduates of schools with this standing are fully able to be awarded their MD and go to residencies.

The next LCME inspection to determine whether UTRGV meets the criteria for full accreditation will likely be in 2023.

Last edited:
Is the school still accepting MCAT scores for waitlisted students? And do y'all even think that'd make a difference? Retook the test in April and just got my score today, went up by 8 points!

Is the school still accepting MCAT scores for waitlisted students? And do y'all even think that'd make a difference? Retook the test in April and just got my score today, went up by 8 points!
The last MCAT score they would consider for last year’s cycle was Sept 2021.
But hey that’s a great improvement so if you end up reapplying it will help you

UTRGV White Coat ceremony will be July 2, 2022-
Not sayin' there are going to be no more WL offers, but the time is coming to an end.
Welp. Imma try again after my masters I guess

Well, that's a wrap I guess. Congrats to everyone accepted! Y'all pulled through one of the weirdest admissions cycles that we'll ever see. And to those who have fallen, don't give up! We'll make it next cycle