2018-2019 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any IS applicants hear back?
Nope. Still waiting to hear about prematch. No idea if they just leave it in on silence or state if you're waitlisted though.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a little bothersome -- unless the students are viewing videos for which the links are freely available [i.e., the video can be found by a simple web search], this would mean that someone on the Admissions Committee is sharing the link. Something, like all other information in the Admissions package, that is supposed to be kept confidential. I'm kind of a crank about that sort of thing.
For sure they meant the ones freely available. I don’t think admissions Committee would disclose this if it was unlisted.

Nope. Still waiting to hear about prematch. No idea if they just leave it in on silence or state if you're waitlisted though.

From interview day, I remember them saying they would let us know if we were accepted, waitlisted, or rejected during the prematch period. Also, last year's thread had people getting a "waitlist, but favorable" email during this time.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Think the first round will happen late November from what they told us at my interview , cause today they are meeting to discuss interviews from oct 20
The pre-match offer Period for IS applicants begins today [15 November]. From past observations [last 3 years], I'd expect the UTRGV SOM AdCom to begin extending those offers very soon. Like tonight or tomorrow.

From interview day, I remember them saying they would let us know if we were accepted, waitlisted, or rejected during the prematch period. Also, last year's thread had people getting a "waitlist, but favorable" email during this time.
That's what I remember too....guess I'm just antsy and impatient at this point. I'm assuming it's an email directly rather than the TMDSAS portal?

The pre-match offer Period for IS applicants begins today [15 November]. From past observations [last 3 years], I'd expect the UTRGV SOM AdCom to begin extending those offers very soon. Like tonight or tomorrow.
Well I’m just saying what they told us.

That's what I remember too....guess I'm just antsy and impatient at this point. I'm assuming it's an email directly rather than the TMDSAS portal?
Sames, I stalked the crap out of last year and the people who did prematch didn't post till about ~7pm, surely someone would post if they heard already. The portal won't come into play till ranks are due, I believe. Plus the withdraw tab on TMDSAS still says between January 19th and January 18th, so clearly no one has updated that in a while, lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Sames, I stalked the crap out of last year and the people who did prematch didn't post till about ~7pm, surely if someone would post if they heard already. The portal won't come into play till ranks are due, I believe. Plus the withdraw tab on TMDSAS still says between January 19th and January 18th, so clearly no one has updated that in a while, lol.
Bless you for being neurotic as me. I didn't check the timestamps, but I outlined the timeline and steps from last year. Best way to get through this process is knowing we ain't alone here.

Bless you for being neurotic as me. I didn't check the timestamps, but I outlined the timeline and steps from last year. Best way to get through this process is knowing we ain't alone here.
Lol, you have no idea. The excel sheets, sticky notes and countdowns I have of every school's trend that I applied to is down right insane.

Lol, you have no idea. The excel sheets, sticky notes and countdowns I have of every school's trend that I applied to is down right insane.
Hahahhah, I feel this on a spiritual level. You know that spreadsheet that tracks everyone's secondary invites, interview invites, and admission outcomes? I made this bastard and now everytime someone gets any type of news I get an update. It's both wonderful and awful simultaneously.

Hahahhah, I feel this on a spiritual level. You know that spreadsheet that tracks everyone's secondary invites, interview invites, and admission outcomes? I made this bastard and now everytime someone gets any type of news I get an update. It's both wonderful and awful simultaneously.

Ah yes, the very impressive but equally masochistic spreadsheet. My crazy has yet to reach that level of altruism.

Has anyone (IS) received a pre-match offer yet? Or has called the school to find out when they will be sending them out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those accepted!!! I submitted my secondary over 2 months ago and still have no new views on my youtube video. Anyone else experiencing this?

Any more prematch phone calls?

@premed0431 have they sent you an official email? Sorry you’re bombarded with questions but that’s what you get for being the first report.

prematched this morning!!!! got a phone call, they said they would send the email later

Reactions: 3 users
Any more prematch phone calls?

@premed0431 have they sent you an official email? Sorry you’re bombarded with questions but that’s what you get for being the first report.
Not yet, but they did say that they still needed to review a few more people, so they might be finishing them off before they send all of them in a huge wave.

A gentle reminder, I know some of you are anxious and want to compare stats, but please don't interrogate each other! SDN members may share or not share their stats at their own discretion. :angelic::shy::oops:

Accepted! Missed the call due to interviewing lol but I received the email 2 hours later!

Reactions: 2 users
Call at 10 am email a little bit ago, prematched but withdrawn!

Reactions: 2 users
For those that got the call, what was the area code? I have a missed call at around 10ish

Accepted via email about 30 min ago and as far as I know have not recieved a phone call!