2022-2023 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have other choices you are considering? EnMed instate tuition is higher than other programs but still reasonable compared to most other state instates.
When looking at the tuition figure, I remember that it includes the MS tuition as well, which still makes it cheaper than similar masters-MD programs I've looked into.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have other choices you are considering? EnMed instate tuition is higher than other programs but still reasonable compared to most other state instates.

I actually haven’t researched the tuition difference too much - to my understanding the program fee is an additional 10k on top of the 33k OOS tuition rate?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I actually haven’t researched the tuition difference too much - to my understanding the program fee is an additional 10k on top of the 33k OOS tuition rate?
Yeah that's what it seemed like to me. Similarly IS tuition is the standard 22k with 10k on top for the MS.

Wow, is this the first year A&M has sent Pre-II rejections to instate applicants? Seems like other TX MD schools are doing that too... UTMB, McGovern.

Wow, is this the first year A&M has sent Pre-II rejections to instate applicants? Seems like other TX MD schools are doing that too... UTMB, McGovern.
The schools get 4000-5000 applications and interview less than 1000 at any of the schools. They need to start letting down the rest at some point so they can prepare for other things.

If people know in December vs February, they can at least work on things starting January on additional activities, taking new classes to improve their GPA etc as opposed to losing that semester.

Reactions: 3 users
The schools get 4000-5000 applications and interview less than 1000 at any of the schools. They need to start letting down the rest at some point so they can prepare for other things.

If people know in December vs February, they can at least work on things starting January on additional activities, taking new classes to improve their GPA etc as opposed to losing that semester.
I agree. I haven’t been rejected from the 3 schools but lowkey wish they would just get it over with

Members don't see this ad :)
When I discussed this with the dean of admissions earlier this year, I was pleasantly surprised that he agreed with me and said early rejections were up for consideration. I'm glad they are actually going through with it. Although it is unfortunate to get that rejection letter, the closure is so much better than waiting an entire year for a rejection (that sometimes schools don't even bother sending at all). I hope this trend continues to every school out of respect to each applicant.

Reactions: 7 users
When I discussed this with the dean of admissions earlier this year, I was pleasantly surprised that he agreed with me and said early rejections were up for consideration. I'm glad they are actually going through with it. Although it is unfortunate to get that rejection letter, the closure is so much better than waiting an entire year for a rejection (that sometimes schools don't even bother sending at all). I hope this trend continues to every school out of respect to each applicant.
Do you know when their last interview day is?

Did anyone else who got a pre-II R yesterday, get a follow-up email this morning about attending a re-applicant workshop?
This is my first cycle applying (IS, URM), completely MD (TMDSAS & AMCAS) and I already have IIs elsewhere.

I know until one turns into an A, that it is not a guarantee, but I cannot help but be insulted to have received such an email.
Was about to email back in response, but wanted to post here first, to see if this is routine for all rejected applicants.
Why are you insulted?

Reactions: 6 users
Why are you insulted?
I feel insulted because I garner from that email that TAMU is insinuating I would be re-applying next cycle - dates are for late March (and to assume so is to assume that my application would be futile at all other institutions I applied to). Additionally, after getting the rejection I did not communicate with admissions about the process of re-applying or ask about app deficiencies.

Unless it is routine, it is unwarranted (I received it from a personal TAMU email, not the main admission email).

Last edited:
I feel insulted because I garner from that email that TAMU is insinuating I would be re-applying next cycle - dates are for late March (and to assume so is to assume that my application would be futile at all other institutions I applied to). Additionally, after getting the rejection I did not communicate with admissions about the process of re-applying or ask about app deficiencies.

Unless it is routine, it is unwarranted (I received it from a personal TAMU email, not the main admission email).
It's routine and not meant as a personal affront.
Not interested? Delete the email.

Several other schools hold re-applicant workshops in the spring as well. These are general advice workshops and you will seldom hear what you are really curious about, "what was the exact reason you rejected me?"

Reactions: 2 users
It's routine and not meant as a personal affront.
Not interested? Delete the email.

Several other schools hold re-applicant workshops in the spring as well. These are general advice workshops and you will seldom hear what you are really curious about, "what was the exact reason you rejected me?"
Thank you for clarifying this.

I got the same email. Deleted.
They have also done this after the match asking people to reapply without ensuring they are matched elsewhere (I believe schools can know since UTH email says you did not match because you did not pick us).

They have also done this after the match asking people to reapply without ensuring they are matched elsewhere (I believe schools can know since UTH email says you did not match because you did not pick us).
What is the UTH email all about?

What is the UTH email all about?
If you have multiple interviews and admissions and you didn't rank UTH number 1 but some other school and they believe they ranked you high enough and didn't match (If you were ranked 50 on their list and they processed 100 and you didn't match as an example), they send a letter saying they tried to match you but you went elsewhere.

If you have multiple interviews and admissions and you didn't rank UTH number 1 but some other school and they believe they ranked you high enough and didn't match (If you were ranked 50 on their list and they processed 100 and you didn't match as an example), they send a letter saying they tried to match you but you went elsewhere.
Gotcha. I thought you were saying the algorithm would alter your position on a given school's list based on how highly you rank them. For example, if someone ranked another school higher than McGovern and DIDN'T match there but did still rank them above McGovern, I thought you were saying McGovern would cite this as the reason you didn't match with them. It sounds like what you're saying is if you rank someone higher and DO match to that higher-ranked school, McGovern may send a letter letting you know that they ranked you high enough to match, so you must have ranked someone higher that you ended up matching to.

Last edited:
Gotcha. I thought you were saying the algorithm would alter your position on a given school's list based on how highly you rank them. For example, if someone ranked another school higher than McGovern and DIDN'T match there but did still rank them above McGovern, I thought you were saying McGovern would site this as the reason you didn't match with them. It sounds like what you're saying is if you rank someone higher and DO match to that higher-ranked school, McGovern may send a letter letting you know that they ranked you high enough to match, so you must have ranked someone higher that you ended up matching to.
Right. UTH ranks someone high enough to match only to find out they didn't match because the applicant matched somewhere else and their letter will say if you ranked us high enough you would have matched. In theory, if you ranked them high and didn't match they will see you on their waitlist.

A&M letters kind of rub people the wrong way because they try to take people off their waitlist and in effect write a rejection letter and state that they can help you reapply although you didn't match. This letter was received by someone who had actually withdrawn.

Dear Applicant,

The Texas A&M University College of Medicine has concluded its interview season and completed its review of applicants for the Entering Year XXXX Class. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place at our institution or on our wait-list this year. However, we encourage you to reapply to our medical program again for the upcoming XXXX cycle if you do not receive another acceptance.

On behalf of the faculty and staff of our College of Medicine, we appreciate your interest in our school and wish you well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at (979) 436-0237 or [email protected].

They sent this letter a month later. It means they are paying zero attention to the applicants status when they sent the rejection letter.

Dear Applicant,

Every year we ask our withdrawn applicants for feedback about their decision. Please help us improve our program by taking a few minutes to fill out our Withdrawal Survey by following the link below.

Does anyone know if we should send update letters by email or the portal? It looks like there's a spot for them on the portal but I know some people were mentioning sending them by email on this thread!

Does anyone know if we should send update letters by email or the portal? It looks like there's a spot for them on the portal but I know some people were mentioning sending them by email on this thread!
I didn’t get a response when I emailed so, I wasn’t sure if they saw it or not. I didn’t want to bug them too much and ended up just putting it in the portal.

Does A&M show up on TMDSAS ranking after interviewing for EnMed ? It's been more than a month

II this morning! Very pleasant surprise! LM 74, complete in early July

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II today! IS. Submitted 7/6, though second MCAT scores weren’t received until 8/30.

Looks like there are a few more interview days left from mid to late January.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Send it if you mean it, before the ranking deadline. The worst that can happen is they won’t read it. It would still be in your file if you get waitlisted
A&M is known to reject people after the match. So even waitlisting might require a letter of interest/intent.

II at 1:16! Complete late July, saw spots open until the end of January!

Reactions: 4 users
II just now! Could someone give any insight on the time frame for interview times since we don't know our schedule until the Friday before? Are there morning and afternoon possibilities?

Reactions: 5 users
II just now! Could someone give any insight on the time frame for interview times since we don't know our schedule until the Friday before? Are there morning and afternoon possibilities?
Honestly the interview could be anytime of day. You could have one at 8:00 am and the other at 11:00am.