2022-2023 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know where we can find match data for tamu?
If you join the TAMU GroupMe, one of the M1s posted it a while back. In my opinion, it's very similar to UTMB's match list.

Reactions: 1 users
I prematched EnMed and matched for tamu, but I have not received any email from EnMed yet and was wondering if anyone else for EnMed has. I also did not receive the TAMU welcome email others mentioned, so I assume EnMed will have a separate one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I prematched EnMed and matched for tamu, but I have not received any email from EnMed yet and was wondering if anyone else for EnMed has. I also did not receive the TAMU welcome email others mentioned, so I assume EnMed will have a separate one.
Same. Some current students in the EnMed discord mentioned they felt ghosted for a long time but we should start hearing stuff not too long from now.

Same. Some current students in the EnMed discord mentioned they felt ghosted for a long time but we should start hearing stuff not too long from now.
Thank you! I was lowkey tweaking haha. Would you be able to dm me the discord link?

I’m currently on the TAMU alternate list. How likely is it to get off the list?

I’m currently on the TAMU alternate list. How likely is it to get off the list?
A lot of my classmates including myself, got off the waitlist so don't lose hope ! I actually didn't even see that I was on the alt list until one night i randomly went onto the portal (2 weeks after match day) and then accepted alt list. 2 days after that they sent me my acceptance. One of my friends got off a month before classes began and she had already submitted her secondaries for the next cycle !

Reactions: 2 users
I didn’t match here on match day but I was given an offer of acceptance today without being waitlisted.

Anyways I accepted immediately because this is my top choice!

4 cycles and 4 MCATs later and it’s finally over for me :)

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
^^ Same for me! I am FrEaKiNg out lol!!!

Does anyone know if TAMU has a second look weekend?

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Very interesting to see A&M bypassing waitlist and offering direct match.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people are projected to be in the class of 2027?

I’m on the TAMU waitlist. I already sent a letter of intent prior to getting waitlisted. Would it still be useful to send an update letter?

Temple used to have all of our in house residency programs.
This is simply not true. BCS itself only has a couple of residency programs but that's why the campus system exists in the first place: to provide us with enough patients, experiences, and opportunities (BCS itself simply cannot support 600 rotating medical students at once). Temple was just the first clinical site historically.
So what in house residencies does TAMU still have?
There are residencies associated with Houston, Round Rock, and Dallas. BUMC and Houston Methodist are both affiliated with TAMU and have just as many residency opportunities as Temple did, if not more. All TAMU students are "in-house" for all rotation sites, regardless of if that is your home campus designation, when it comes to residency applications and clinical electives.

Edit: Also consider that a lot of Temple's physicians are Aggies, many of our pre-clinical organ block physician faculty are attendings at Temple, and TAMU had the longest relationship there. Those connections take time to weaken and I suspect TAMU classes will still benefit when applying to Temple residencies for some time to come.
Are there any new affiliations being made?
Yes, actually. Several new connections for new rotation sites are in the works.

Last edited:
I am currently on the alternate list at TAMU. I am hoping for a positive outcome but in the meantime, I am preparing for my re-application for the upcoming admissions cycle. Does anyone know if submitting a new TMDSAS application this coming May would withdraw my alternate list status for matriculation in 2023 if I have not heard back at that time?

I am currently on the alternate list at TAMU. I am hoping for a positive outcome but in the meantime, I am preparing for my re-application for the upcoming admissions cycle. Does anyone know if submitting a new TMDSAS application this coming May would withdraw my alternate list status for matriculation in 2023 if I have not heard back at that time?
I Had this same question last cycle and this is what TMDSAS told me

"If you receive an offer once the EY 2023 application has started, you can withdraw the EY 2023 application."

Which i assumed meant you are not taken off the waitlist when you re-apply but it would be good to check with them again.

Reactions: 1 user
woah really?

Our groupme isn’t even half filled yet. Where’s everybody else??
Also I think EnMed has a different chat since we are a completely separate. Not sure. We never interact with EnMed and have not met them.

Also I think EnMed has a different chat since we are a completely separate. Not sure. We never interact with EnMed and have not met them.
Yep. I was asking someone a year ago to see if a specific student enrolled in EnMed using their whitecoat ceremony booklet and they said nothing about EnMed was listed since they went to college station ceremony.

If you are an OOS applicant on the alternate list, is your OOS status still considered when deciding whom to admit off the list?

If you are an OOS applicant on the alternate list, is your OOS status still considered when deciding whom to admit off the list?
Yes, because there can only be 10% of the incoming class who are OOS. Basically, if one OOS decides against attending TAMU, then another OOS on the WL gets accepted

Does A&M send out rejection letters? I haven’t heard anything since submitting my secondary
I don’t recall whether they send out letters.
Under the TMDSAS timeline, if you have not interviewed by the Match ranking deadline (Feb 17 this year) you are rejected.
I hope you had the chance to interview somewhere else.

Also matched EnMed, but haven't received an email or any communications from them. Does anyone know how their first match went?

Also matched EnMed, but haven't received an email or any communications from them. Does anyone know how their first match went?
They posted a list of where each person in the graduating class matched in the News section of their website. Its not anonymous so I don't think I can/should post here lol. They got a 100% match rate

withdrew my tamu seat today! hoping for some WL movement for yall :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted Texas A&M peeps -
If any of you have heard about your location assignments (which A&M campus you are placed in) please shoot me a DM.

Thanks & I hope you land in a place that's good for you!

Accepted Texas A&M peeps -
If any of you have heard about your location assignments (which A&M campus you are placed in) please shoot me a DM.

Thanks & I hope you land in a place that's good for you!
I have not heard my campus designation yet. Has anyone gotten them?

Is there a groupme for accepted students?

Reactions: 5 users