2022-2023 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh got it. I thought that your rank list would literally not be processed/received by TMDSAS if all the schools weren’t ranked. Idk why I thought that but i must’ve read it wrong.
There's a lot to remember, no worries

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have an interview scheduled between now and feb 9th?

does anyone have an interview scheduled between now and feb 9th?
From what I’ve seen, they’ve sent most interview invites out on mondays the week prior to the interview date. So it’s likely they have sent out the invites for their final interview session, but there still may be a few spots available, hard for anyone to know for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been on what I assume is a pre-interview hold for a while now, no communication for months. Does anyone know if TAMU accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or upload them via the portal? Thank you for the help!

I have been on what I assume is a pre-interview hold for a while now, no communication for months. Does anyone know if TAMU accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send them via an email or upload them via the portal? Thank you for the help!
Feb 9 is their last interview day so if you haven’t been invited before then it will be the end of your Aggie dreams for this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 9 is their last interview day so if you haven’t been invited before then it will be the end of your Aggie dreams for this year.

Thank you very much for the information!

does anyone have an interview scheduled for feb 9th here on SDN?

Would love to know this also, I haven't got a pre-II R yet and I'm hoping I may still have a last minute Hail Mary chance of getting an interview here. Love the school
I was released the 2nd week of February a few cycles ago if that helps. Seemed like the big R wave that most applicants with no II received.

Would love to know this also, I haven't got a pre-II R yet and I'm hoping I may still have a last minute Hail Mary chance of getting an interview here. Love the school
same! i know there is definitely a wave coming after the 9th, just want to see if there is any chance before then

Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on Enmed alt list but I'm in-state and it dropped off my TMDSAS list? I thought it would stay on the list regardless

Placed on Enmed alt list but I'm in-state and it dropped off my TMDSAS list? I thought it would stay on the list regardless
Call and ask them, if you interviewed it should still be on your ranking list. Is A&M on your list (non=EnMed?)

Also, send a message to TMDSAS in your portal STAT

Message TMDSAS
I sent a message. No clue why they would send out EnMed waitlists literally the last day you can rank schools. Since it no longer shows up I moved everything 1 up on the list. I should still be able to rank TAMU regardless of EnMed acceptance/denial, or at least thats what was said on interview day.

I sent a message. No clue why they would send out EnMed waitlists literally the last day you can rank schools. Since it no longer shows up I moved everything 1 up on the list. I should still be able to rank TAMU regardless of EnMed acceptance/denial, or at least thats what was said on interview day.
Good. Your message explaining the problem will be your paper trail and time:stamped.
It makes no sense for them to WL anyone before match day or rank day.

@wysdoc tmdsas replied and said a&m designated me as a waitlist status. Can they do that before the match? Do I have to rank them if they do? Im going to call Monday because the reply I got was very unclear.

• Wow
@wysdoc tmdsas replied and said a&m designated me as a waitlist status. Can they do that before the match? Do I have to rank them if they do? Im going to call Monday because the reply I got was very unclear.
I’ve never heard of this so go by what the official word from TMDSAS is. If you don’t mind, share what you find out later o_O

Not to cause you more anguish but the way I am reading that message is that A&M is saying we dont expect you to match with us during the match and predesignating this person to be on our waitlist after match.

It is an odd way of doing things unless this is the only school you have to rank. If you have someone you prematched with that you rank first, their waitlist becomes irrelevant.

Not to cause you more anguish but the way I am reading that message is that A&M is saying we dont expect you to match with us during the match and predesignating this person to be on our waitlist after match.

It is an odd way of doing things unless this is the only school you have to rank. If you have someone you prematched with that you rank first, their waitlist becomes irrelevant.
8 schools to rank with a prematch from Tech… A&M i put as 4 prior to all of this going down so thankfully it isn’t too dire of a situation but I will be calling monday to find out about specifics and will update everyone

Reactions: 4 users
8 schools to rank with a prematch from Tech… A&M i put as 4 prior to all of this going down so thankfully it isn’t too dire of a situation but I will be calling monday to find out about specifics and will update everyone
It is interesting that they want to predesignate someone instate as waitlist before the match.

If you have interviewed at 8 schools, it is not a big issue if A&M is not a top choice.

They are not very professional in my experience. I have known them to send rejections to people after the match when the person never ranked them and picked prematch as their top choice. Annoying to say the least to receive a rejection after the match is complete when they were never trying to get on the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
I have spoke to multiple TMDSAS representatives about the issue of A&M waitlisting me. To recap, I interviewed at 8 schools. A&M I had listed as #4. A&M Waitlisted me late thursday night prior to the match on Friday. A&M disappeared from my rank list on Friday. I now had 7 schools to rank, I shifted everything up and utmb is #4. Apparently, now, I have two number 4s according the the representative. UTMB and A&M. A&M is designated as a #4 WL status. I was questioning them in regards to how I can have two number 4s and what would happen if say I got into UTMB and removed from the waitlist at A&M. Nobody knew and I have multiple conflicting answers through the TMDSAS messaging system. The person I spoke with on the phone today said that they are escalating the issue and are going to try to get back to me later today.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I have spoke to multiple TMDSAS representatives about the issue of A&M waitlisting me. To recap, I interviewed at 8 schools. A&M I had listed as #4. A&M Waitlisted me late thursday night prior to the match on Friday. A&M disappeared from my rank list on Friday. I now had 7 schools to rank, I shifted everything up and utmb is #4. Apparently, now, I have two number 4s according the the representative. UTMB and A&M. A&M is designated as a #4 WL status. I was questioning them in regards to how I can have two number 4s and what would happen if say I got into UTMB and removed from the waitlist at A&M. Nobody knew and I have multiple conflicting answers through the TMDSAS messaging system. The person I spoke with on the phone today said that they are escalating the issue and are going to try to get back to me later today.
Thanks for sharing your sequence of events and I hope for a clearer resolution for you.
“Squib’s rank list”, AKA “A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for sharing your sequence of events and I hope for a clearer resolution for you.
“Squib’s rank list”, AKA “A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket”
Update: This was apparently a mistake and not supposed to happen. After extensive email and phone communication with EnMed, TAMU, and TMDSAS, TAMU has changed my status back to "interviewed" and I have to resubmit my rank list to TMDSAS, which they will be manually updating.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Update: This was apparently a mistake and not supposed to happen. After extensive email and phone communication with EnMed, TAMU, and TMDSAS, TAMU has changed my status back to "interviewed" and I have to resubmit my rank list to TMDSAS, which they will be manually updating.
Great outcome- see what can be done when you advocate for yourself respectfully!

• Love
  • Wow
They should just award you that MD and move on at this point.

• Haha
  • Hmm
I applied as an OOS student and interviewed in November. Is it too late at this point in the cycle to hope for anything?

MATCHED!!! I wanted UTMB but I'm so thankful I even matched at all

• Love
So excited for the new aggie docs !! If you dm @tamuaggieambassadors you can get added to the discord and groupme!

• Wow
Matched!

Looking forward to meeting yall in a few months!!

• Love
Matched!

Excited to be joining this awesome school.

In their invite email, they mentioned a "MedCamp" for incoming M1s, has anyone heard of/experienced it before? Was it a positive experience? Got a wife and kiddo and trying to make the best use of their time as well. Thank you!

From what I heard MedCamp can give you a bit of a head start in learning content if you might be a few years out of school and need to brush up on study skills and just getting back in the swing of things. But it’s not necessary and plenty of people do fine without participating in it.

It's to get into the groove of things, and best part is grades dont matter!! It's just supposed to be a fun experience, getting to know faculty, some of your classmates and mentors. Sure we take a mini test at the end of it but its very low stakes, its really just a way for you to get exposed to some material beforehand and ease into med school.

It's not only for people who have been out of school. A few students took gap years but a lot of the students were also pretty fresh out of college and used this as a way to make friends and get to know TAMU community.

There will be other opportunities to mingle and make friends. But this is a free program and I thought it was a fun experience so think about it. If you have any other specific qs, feel free to message me !

Matched!

Excited to be joining this awesome school.

In their invite email, they mentioned a "MedCamp" for incoming M1s, has anyone heard of/experienced it before? Was it a positive experience? Got a wife and kiddo and trying to make the best use of their time as well. Thank you!
The camp's for you, not for the family :) If you are a non-trad wanting to get back into the swing of hitting the books hard, I recommend you take advantage of it.

We also had a parent in our group, and they would bring their kids by all the time to events !!
The camp's for you, not for the family :) If you are a non-trad wanting to get back into the swing of hitting the books hard, I recommend you take advantage of it.

I’ve asked this question to an upperclassman already but I’ll ask it here: Temple used to have all of our in house residency programs. Now they belong to Baylor. So what in house residencies does TAMU still have? I’ve heard there’s a couple across the state, but I cannot find any of the others apart from the Family Medicine residency in Bryan. Are there any new affiliations being made?

To add on to this question: what hospitals are in Round Rock. There’s very little info about that campus’s rotation sites. If anyone could shed some light on what hospitals we rotate at in the RR/Austin area, it would help me in making my campus decision. Do these hospitals have affiliated residencies with TAMU that can give us a home advantage?

I’ve asked this question to an upperclassman already but I’ll ask it here: Temple used to have all of our in house residency programs. Now they belong to Baylor. So what in house residencies does TAMU still have? I’ve heard there’s a couple across the state, but I cannot find any of the others apart from the Family Medicine residency in Bryan. Are there any new affiliations being made?

To add on to this question: what hospitals are in Round Rock. There’s very little info about that campus’s rotation sites. If anyone could shed some light on what hospitals we rotate at in the RR/Austin area, it would help me in making my campus decision. Do these hospitals have affiliated residencies with TAMU that can give us a home advantage?
There will be a link sent in the class GroupMe to the new M1 website with all of the above information!