2018-2019 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think waitlist movement will start tomorrow??
No I don't think so. I don't think it will start for any school..... April 30th is just the day that people have to narrow down to one. In reality it will probably take schools a couple of days to get organized and start moving people. I also think movement will start at other schools before it start at UTRGV. I'm hoping for movement as early as May 3-6 for other schools and around May 8-9 for UTRGV ......... though I would love to hear earlier

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:corny:

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone requested a file review? I emailed them about a while ago but there hasnt been a response; was just wondering if anyone knows the procedure of a file review

Has anyone requested a file review? I emailed them about a while ago but there hasnt been a response; was just wondering if anyone knows the procedure of a file review

I emailed them 2 months ago asking if they were open to updates and never heard back. Same with others... I think your best bet is to call them. Idk why they are like that. El Paso is the same.

I called about it and they said email, resulting in radio silence. They said the start those in march, but I hadn't heard anything so I figured best to wait.

I called about it and they said email, resulting in radio silence. They said the start those in march, but I hadn't heard anything so I figured best to wait.

I understand that it’s a relatively new and small school, but how do they not have someone doing their emails? It looks horrible on them and leaves a bad taste in applicants mouths. It’s ridiculous.

I think they have the emails of the board members online. I might just email one of them and complain about it.

I understand that it’s a relatively new and small school, but how do they not have someone doing their emails? It looks horrible on them and leaves a bad taste in applicants mouths. It’s ridiculous.

I think they have the emails of the board members online. I might just email one of them and complain about it.
While I understand your frustration, how is the school’s lack of response to emails any different than Baylor, UTSW, Stanford, and others?
Emailing a board member, who has no say in admissions, will have no effect other than identifying you, and will not help you get in.
They are unlikely to be doing any reapplication reviews until the class roster is final. And probably long after that

I had to call them to find out I was waitlisted and they said they updated TMDSAS a month before I called, but TMDSAS doesnt share updates like that

Last edited:
I had to call them to find out I was waitlisted and they said they updated TMDSAS a month before I called, but TMDSAS doesnt share updates like that
Yeah I'm a bit worried, because that's what they told me back in February.... that they would update on TMDSAS.......so I was very confused. Which sort of makes me panic. What if we all got accepted but they tried updating via TMDSAS and the two weeks decision pass without us knowing. I know it's extremely unlikely, but that's me panicking about things when there is no clear communication....

Reactions: 1 user
While I understand your frustration, how is the school’s lack of response to emails any different than Baylor, UTSW, Stanford, and others?
Emailing a board member, who has no say in admissions, will have no effect other than identifying you, and will not help you get in.
They are unlikely to be doing any reapplication reviews until the class roster is final. And probably long after that

UTSW has sent me to email regarding the waitlist and have said they would answer any questions that were emailed.

Foster has sent me an email to inform of me of my waitlist position.

Lubbock emailed me to inform me that I didn’t make their waitlist.

Dr. Kellaway, associate dean for admissions at Long, sent an email the very first day to waitlisted applicants and welcomed anyone on the waitlist to call or email. They have responded within one business day to all of my emails.

UTRGV has had zero communication with their waitlisted applicants and, from what I have seen on here, has responded to zero emails.

It just doesn’t seem professional to me.

I’ll hold off on the email until after the cycle... With 0 acceptances I can’t afford to gain negative attention from any school.

Members don't see this ad :)
UTSW has sent me to email regarding the waitlist and have said they would answer any questions that were emailed.

Foster has sent me an email to inform of me of my waitlist position.

Lubbock emailed me to inform me that I didn’t make their waitlist.

Dr. Kellaway, associate dean for admissions at Long, sent an email the very first day to waitlisted applicants and welcomed anyone on the waitlist to call or email. They have responded within one business day to all of my emails.

UTRGV has had zero communication with their waitlisted applicants and, from what I have seen on here, has responded to zero emails.

It just doesn’t seem professional to me.

I’ll hold off on the email until after the cycle... With 0 acceptances I can’t afford to gain negative attention from any school.
I try very hard to be neutral on the Texas boards, so that you all can draw your own conclusions and make decisions that are right for you. If you want to see my past comments on UTRGV and their modus operandi, which has not improved over their 3 years of existence, seek out the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 year threads.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist last Friday!!! I'm OOS, interviewed in Dec, never heard back since then. I seriously thought I was out since I heard no peep, but I got the call from Betty. Have hope my friends! :cat:

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off the waitlist last Friday!!! I'm OOS, interviewed in Dec, never heard back since then. I seriously thought I was out since I heard no peep, but I got the call from Betty. Have hope my friends! :cat:
That's amazing, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that things are actually moving!!

Congratulations on your acceptance! It's good to finally see some movement in this game of "med school musical chairs/thrones". :rofl:

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone had their video viewed recently/after match?

Had mine viewed 10 times the couple days after my interview in January. Didn’t match tho
Same, 3 views in September after I submitted my app, 9 views in January after my interview, and 2 more in February and didn't match. Not sure if it means anything though

Has anyone who has been waitlisted submitted their application again for this next cycle?

Has anyone who has been waitlisted submitted their application again for this next cycle?

Working on a new PS, but pretty much have everything ready except LORs that need updating. Trying to apply before the end of May.

Nope, you? Well I had two views in February....I'm not sure how to tell what day.

Nope nothing since a couple weeks after my interview. Thought maybe the committee would take another gander at those videos when they review the WL.

Found this on their contingency form online for 2019. Is it odd how they put one of the deadlines for May 15th? Do they expect to have their class filled by this date?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 4.57.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 4.57.34 PM.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 116
have accepted students heard from financial aid? (another area they are lacking in imo) they said first week of May we should get our package but all I've gotten is health insurance waiver...............

have accepted students heard from financial aid? (another area they are lacking in imo) they said first week of May we should get our package but all I've gotten is health insurance waiver...............
Nothing yet. Also haven’t heard back about the drug test.

Yeah same here, it’s honestly so annoying cause it would be nice to have everything setup already

Did y’all sign a “technical standards” form? I followed the link on the contingency form and found one. Not sure if anyone else did that

Did y’all sign a “technical standards” form? I followed the link on the contingency form and found one. Not sure if anyone else did that
The click for the technical form doesn't take to any form, it takes me to some website with the requirements.

Nevermind, found it. Where do we send it to?

The click for the technical form doesn't take to any form, it takes me to some website with the requirements.

Nevermind, found it. Where do we send it to?

I think the mdadmissions email...but let me ask Mayra or Betty if it needs to be done.

Was just wondering if anyone has already sent it

I think the mdadmissions email...but let me ask Mayra or Betty if it needs to be done.

Was just wondering if anyone has already sent it
I believe some scholarships went out if you check your my.utrgv portal and check the financial aid tab

I believe some scholarships went out if you check your my.utrgv portal and check the financial aid tab

Was just about to say that as well! It was also sent via email to our utrgv accounts.

Also, Mayra said to send the technical standards form to her email address.

Was just about to say that as well! It was also sent via email to our utrgv accounts.

Also, Mayra said to send the technical standards form to her email address.
Did you get your entire financial aid package or just the scholarship? And thank you for letting me know about the form

When do ya'll think OOS should give up hope on being called off the waitlist?

When do ya'll think OOS should give up hope on being called off the waitlist?
I talked to the admission office and what they told me was that there has been some waitlist movement. They expect a little bit more, however they don't expect things to move after the first week of June/June 1st. They are expecting to have their class by then..... so I guess have hope until the end of the month :/

I talked to the admission office and what they told me was that there has been some waitlist movement. They expect a little bit more, however they don't expect things to move after the first week of June/June 1st. They are expecting to have their class by then..... so I guess have hope until the end of the month :/

Thanks for informing us!

Has anyone who's been waitlisted on here requested a file review?

Has anyone who's been waitlisted on here requested a file review?
I requested one a few weeks back, but I have not heard anything about it yet. They havent replied to my email yet

Some? Who are these shadow people. SHOW YOURSELVES. Pretty please? Appreciate you calling and getting an update, Rose.

I requested one a few weeks back, but I have not heard anything about it yet. They havent replied to my email yet
I also asked about that, they told me that you can go ahead and request one and it won't effect your current application. They also said they received a few of them in emails. So they are getting it, and seeing it..... just not responding yet I assume.

Some? Who are these shadow people. SHOW YOURSELVES. Pretty please? Appreciate you calling and getting an update, Rose.
Of course, I know the no communication was slowly killing us all lol and we need to start preparing for alternatives just in case. Though I'm really rooting for each one of y'all to get in until the very end!

Last edited:
I wish they would conduct a file review... It would be helpful when submitting a new application. Has anyone gotten a file review yet??