2016-2017 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have any idea of how many they should give out acceptances to? Maybe twice the size of the class? More, less?
I think just the amount that the class will be. If any of the accepted students decide to go elsewhere, they will look at the wait list and choose however many students from there

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have any idea of how many they should give out acceptances to? Maybe twice the size of the class? More, less?

They gave out 180+ acceptances last year. you have to keep in mind they didn't have a medical school building while interviewing last year and I am sure many students didn't want to be the guinea pigs so to speak.

They will probably offer about 100 or a little more than 100 acceptances this year for 33%-40% post-interview acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
They gave out 180+ acceptances last year. you have to keep in mind they didn't have a medical school building while interviewing last year and I am sure many students didn't want to be the guinea pigs so to speak.

They will probably offer about 100 or a little more than 100 acceptances this year for 33%-40% post-interview acceptance.
How did you find about about the acceptances from last year? Just wondering

Look at my post with a big graphic chart and statistics on page 2 of this thread :)
It said ranked for admission. isn't that just how many they ranked to be put on the wait list in case some accepted students decided to go somewhere else ?

It said ranked for admission. isn't that just how many they ranked to be put on the wait list in case some accepted students decided to go somewhere else ?
No, it means that after the interviews, these 182 students did well enough that they were still considered candidates for admission. The others did not pass muster. Last year UTRGV called people to offer admission spots, then called more people little by little if the intial selectees opted for other med schools. They were adding people until June 2.
I have no idea if the offers this year will be by phone, email, or portal.

For those with no emails (including me)..

Sent from my SM-G360T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do y'all think they're done sending out prematches for the day?

Do y'all think they're done sending out prematches for the day?
I thought someone said here that everyone will be getting either a waitlist or acceptance today...

I don't think they are done. since people are getting theirs at different times, it may not be automated

Damn you Amazon! I don't care about electronics specials! And you Men's Warehouse, you can go to a special type of hell! I only bought one pair of shoes from you and they weren't comfortable! I don't need you to send me emails during UTRGV's pre-match hour!

Reactions: 5 users
I called the school again. The person who answered said that not all the acceptance emails have been sent. some yes but not all. She said they may be sending them throughout the rest of the week. She believes they may be done by the end of the week with sending them all out

I called the school again. The person who answered said that not all the acceptance emails have been sent. some yes but not all. She said they may be sending them throughout the rest of the week. She believes they may be done by the end of the week with sending them all out

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Each call yields a different answer. o_O

Reactions: 2 users
The good news: Calbant is the real MVP. The bad news: several more days of anxiety

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Each call yields a different answer. o_O
The clerk who is answering the phones probably doesn't really know, and probably is not the one who is trying to send out acceptance emails right now. I know a lot of you are finding it hard to wait. Go watch a dumb movie and check your mails in 90 minutes :oops::headphone:;)

If anybody wants to call, the number is 9562961600

The nightshift waitress at my regular study place can help me with my Spanish, but I am nervous to attempt conversation until I get a bit further along.

Have a beer. Serious advice. Much easier to speak a foreign language when you're not worried about sounding stupid

If anybody wants to call, the number is 9562961600

As much as I love the updates, I would advise against spamming the office. They are probably under a pretty heavy workload at the moment.

As much as I love the updates, I would advise against spamming the office. They are probably under a pretty heavy workload at the moment.
I agree but why send the lady out of town to only come back the night before or morning of the day when acceptance emails will be sent?

Wow- I've been on this forum for a buddy of mine while he's at work and this waiting is giving me serious secondhand anxiety. I just created an account to tell you all good luck & bless your hearts for applying

Are you serious? well that's probably for wait list students who get accepted once other students decide to go elsewhere
who knows, one person tells me there are only 2 days you get prematches one now and one in december and then someone else says it is just random whenever they feel like it until feb 1....ugh

I interviewed pretty early. Not feeling great about my chances now. *sigh*

I agree but why send the lady out of town to only come back the night before or morning of the day when acceptance emails will be sent?
Cause it is a pre-match PERIOD from Nov 15th-Dec 31st. They can do whatever they want. It's hard being patient right now trust me I get it but that is the only thing that we can do.

Cause it is a pre-match PERIOD from Nov 15th-Dec 31st. They can do whatever they want. It's hard being patient right now trust me I get it but that is the only thing that we can do.
I know it's a period but why tell interviewees that they should ALL know by today

The clerk who is answering the phones probably doesn't really know, and probably is not the one who is trying to send out acceptance emails right now. I know a lot of you are finding it hard to wait. Go watch a dumb movie and check your mails in 90 minutes :oops::headphone:;)
45 mins to go....Boo! A Madea Halloween can only take you so far

Anybody else planning on calling? lol
I feel like calling them might be more annoying to them, maybe not so much to count against you... but I wouldn't want to risk it

Anybody else planning on calling? lol

For what it's worth, my friend who is applying called today and they said everyone would be getting an email today regarding their status. This happened like 30 minutes ago. They seem pretty disorganized from what I can tell on here- to tell you guys you would know your status regardless today, and then flip it around and say you'll know by February kind of sucks.

For what it's worth, my friend who is applying called today and they said everyone would be getting an email today regarding their status. This happened like 30 minutes ago. They seem pretty disorganized from what I can tell on here- to tell you guys you would know your status regardless today, and then flip it around and say you'll know by February kind of sucks.

Of all the status updates, I want this one to be real the most.

Of all the status updates, I want this one to be real the most.

Tbh, since I've read about 10 different things on here, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. They should've just said " you may find out if you get in on Nov 16, but you may not find out until the match" which is what all the other schools are doing. This gives false hope imo.

Did they flip it and say we would know by feb? or is the everyone update still the most recent piece of info?

Tbh, since I've read about 10 different things on here, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. They should've just said " you may find out if you get in on Nov 16, but you may not find out until the match" which is what all the other schools are doing. This gives false hope imo.
Yeah I gave it like 2 hours... the neuroticism is real here on SDN.