2020-2021 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any word today?!

Members don't see this ad.

Not that I know of. Could be any day this week
I guess I assumed it would be today because he had said “mondays” in the past but I guess he didn’t specify in the above post. Any other reason you think it could be any day this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I assumed it would be today because he had said “mondays” in the past but I guess he didn’t specify in the above post. Any other reason you think it could be any day this week?
I am only saying any day this week simply because they didn’t specify

I got the A today. I had to call after a voicemail because I’m at work, but he said I was the last person to get a hold of....

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!! When was your interview?
The week of January 4th. They told us that our group would probably be reviewed in January and be announced the same month

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone who has interviewed explain what the recording process was like? Do you get more than one take per question? Do you get to rewatch your responses before submitting them?

Can anyone who has interviewed explain what the recording process was like? Do you get more than one take per question? Do you get to rewatch your responses before submitting them?
You are presented with the question, in writing and verbally in a little quick videoclip. You get one minute to think about it, and you either take up the whole minute and you start answering or you can skip the one minute and get to recording right away if you’re ready. You have 5 or 7 mins depending on the question. You get one chance to record, and once you’re done you can hit next for the next question. I guess you can take a small break between questions to get water or something but that’s it.

Anyone know if having a parent live in Nevada for 2+ years and personally living in Nevada for 6+ months constitutes residency? I could've sworn that the website said it made me a resident but now it doesnt include the primary family member option as constituting residency.. I already got an interview but am nervous bc it says they only admitted one OOS last cycle.

Anyone know if having a parent live in Nevada for 2+ years and personally living in Nevada for 6+ months constitutes residency? I could've sworn that the website said it made me a resident but now it doesnt include the primary family member option as constituting residency.. I already got an interview but am nervous bc it says they only admitted one OOS last cycle.
They admitted more than one person but matriculated only one. Plus there are people like myself who will be residents for tuition purposes but not application purposes and I don’t know how they categorize them.

They admitted more than one person but matriculated only one. Plus there are people like myself who will be residents for tuition purposes but not application purposes and I don’t know how they categorize them.
Gotcha gotcha.. hopefully I end up falling under that category

For anyone who has done the interview.. I'm familiar with the layout and format, but do any of the questions ask about experiences or are typically very situational?

Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha gotcha.. hopefully I end up falling under that category
I also have a similar situation - primary family lives in the state, but because my primary application lists a different state of residence, I was classified as OOS for UNLV and was still admitted here in December. I believe I will get IS tuition though. I emailed the admissions office about my situation and they got back to me quickly. Best of luck!

Didn’t even get a secondary from UNLV and had significant ties. Got the R today. Pretty bummed. Good luck to everyone

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Didn’t even get a secondary from UNLV and had significant ties. Got the R today. Pretty bummed. Good luck to everyone
thats awful. I am sorry friend. feel free to reach out if you want to talk about this or your app.

Did anyone send thank you letters after interviewing?

It’s an asynchronous interview. Who are you going to thank?
i mean, there's live sessions on friday and they took the time to record a bunch of informational videos-just wondering.

Did anyone send thank you letters after interviewing?
Yes, I thanked the committee for their time and consideration. It was really short and sweet, just an email to admissions.

Just got the A today! Call from the dean. I am OOs but grew up in Henderson, went to high school there.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe in my interview day they told us that after 3 rounds of decisions without an acceptance, we move to the waitlist or get rejected. Assuming calls are done for the day, that means WL and post II Rs will go out later today or tomorrow I’m guessing.

I believe in my interview day they told us that after 3 rounds of decisions without an acceptance, we move to the waitlist or get rejected. Assuming calls are done for the day, that means WL and post II Rs will go out later today or tomorrow I’m guessing.
When did you interview? They did not say this in my interview session, they gave the same information as post #203 in this thread.

When did you interview? They did not say this in my interview session, they gave the same information as post #203 in this thread.
Oh thanks for pointing that out, and straight from the source! I interviewed early in the cycle and I think that’s what they told us then.

I guess I’ll pencil in another month of waiting for the first Monday of the month to wait by my phone for a call all day and while doing nothing productive!

i am thinking about emailing them, I interviewed in early November and I still haven’t heard anything. Thoughts ?
I was part of the first group of interviewees and I also havent heard anything back. My guess is they would say our apps are under active review and probably wouldnt give much additional info.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Idk what i am expecting i guess. Just really frustrated that I haven’t heard anything back.
I feel ya. It’s frustrating, especially cause this is a school that seems to be very mission-based and I think we all feel like our goals align with the school’s. I’m sure that the students they’re accepting fit that bill too. I’m also sure that there are plenty of A’s still to go out here. But yeah, super frustrating especially since they don’t seem to be moving at breakneck compared to other schools who have a much larger applicant pool. Well, I guess we wait another month.

• Care
As someone who interviewed the week of 21st of September, things are starting to feel really bleak. Well, honestly they started to awhile ago, but it just keeps getting worse. I guess the next call is the 29th of March probably?

• Care
As someone who interviewed the week of 21st of September, things are starting to feel really bleak. Well, honestly they started to awhile ago, but it just keeps getting worse. I guess the next call is the 29th of March probably?
I am guessing it's the 22nd of March (the Monday following the third Thursday of the month).

The Facebook group is filling up quickly...

Hello,
This is incorrect. All interviewed applicants remain in review until the waitlist is built. We will have final notification sometime in April for anyone who has not been admitted by then. You will either be offered a waitlist seat or receive your decline.

I am guessing it's the 22nd of March (the Monday following the third Thursday of the month).

The Facebook group is filling up quickly...
The Facebook group includes more than admitted students as we have ambassadors that participate. So we don't recommend using that to try and figure out seats still available. :)

I interviewed the week ending 2/5... do you think that means I would’ve heard a decision today?

Thank you @UNLV Admin 2 for communicating and giving us all a little more hope!

I feel ya. It’s frustrating, especially cause this is a school that seems to be very mission-based and I think we all feel like our goals align with the school’s. I’m sure that the students they’re accepting fit that bill too. I’m also sure that there are plenty of A’s still to go out here. But yeah, super frustrating especially since they don’t seem to be moving at breakneck compared to other schools who have a much larger applicant pool. Well, I guess we wait another month.
We interview September thru February. Committee meets and applications roll through in a continuous pattern October through April for review.

We interview September thru February. Committee meets and applications roll through in a continuous pattern October through April for review.
About how many people do you accept each month and how many acceptances do you anticipate giving this cycle to fill the class?

Hi Everyone,

We know this is a stressful time of year but it is true that your applications are in ongoing review if you interviewed and are not yet admitted. As outlined in our interview week virtual live, we continuously look at applicants each month. We also keep all applications in process so individuals can be reviewed again for waitlist at the end of our process. Each school varies in their methods but this one fits well for us to fill our cohort, mission, and pool sizes. The next call date will be Monday, March 22nd.

In other news, we have received full accreditation which was a wonderful accomplishment. Details can be found at: UNLV School of Medicine Granted Full Accreditation

Reactions: 6 users
About how many people do you accept each month and how many acceptances do you anticipate giving this cycle to fill the class?
Acceptances vary each month based on competitiveness and scoring - it's not a set amount. Total offers also vary as each cycle has its own applicant decision-making traits.

I interviewed the week ending 2/5... do you think that means I would’ve heard a decision today?
Only if you were admitted. If not admitted, your application continues for further review.

Didn’t even get a secondary from UNLV and had significant ties. Got the R today. Pretty bummed. Good luck to everyone.
Feel free to email us for more information if you'd like insight.

For the purpose of admissions, established residency would make you a NV resident applicant - typically something like a NV driver's license fits the bill (if you just came to live with your family during COVID and aren't an established permanent resident then you just have a significant tie to Nevada). To get in-state tuition you do have to meet a number of residency factors for at least 12 months. Hope this helps. Feel free to email us at admissions at any time for questions.

Do you mind sharing stats?
My stats didn’t get me in here. 509. 3.8 GPA. I think being LGBTQ and involved with the Trevor project, heavily involved in clinical research and passionate about eliminating disparities in medical care got me the A. I got in by being myself. And you will too.

My stats didn’t get me in here. 509. 3.8 GPA. I think being LGBTQ and involved with the Trevor project, heavily involved in clinical research and passionate about eliminating disparities in medical care got me the A. I got in by being myself. And you will too.
LGBTQ+ here too & a Spanish speaker. Same stats. Hope I get in as well🤞🏼