2020-2021 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No acceptance calls yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone
I received Two emails with two different dates for a live interview. I was “selected”
I don’t feel good about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone
I received Two emails with two different dates for a live interview. I was “selected”
I don’t feel good about this.

could you elaborate on this? Really curious to know more

For the interview week, are the live sessions conversational/informational or will it be an interview type of environment?

Not sure if I would prefer to keep the VITA-like interview or have live interviews instead!

Is this in addition to the recorded ones or in place of it, do you think, @msaeed19 ?

For the live Friday sessions of the interview week, do we need to dress professionally in a suite and everything like we did during the actual recorded interview? or is it more casual and an opportunity to interact with students and faculty and ask questions?

For the live Friday sessions of the interview week, do we need to dress professionally in a suite and everything like we did during the actual recorded interview? or is it more casual and an opportunity to interact with students and faculty and ask questions?

everyone during my session was dressed professionally with a suit

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
everyone during my session was dressed professionally with a suit
+1!!!

With everything being virtual your ability to make an impression is limited. I would just ALWAYS assume that it's important to present professionally (in every interaction during app cycle). Rather dress up and not need to, rather than dress down inappropriately.

@rdrozays @ParaMagic1 and any current students, what is the culture like at this school?
A student there could give a more accurate assessment, but from interview day I definitely got the vibe that the admins are very pro student. They seem to be receptive to feedback, collaborative, proactive.
The curriculum involves working with small teams regularly and the class size is only about 60 students, there is a 6 week immersive program at the beginning of year 1, so it seemed like these contribute to all of the students knowing each other well and being pretty close.
culture seemed very good. One of the biggest appeals of the school IMO

Reactions: 1 user
When do acceptances start going out? I haven’t interviewed yet just curious

When do acceptances start going out? I haven’t interviewed yet just curious
I believe this Friday. The committee meets every 3rd Thursday of each month then they make calls the next day, starting in November

My friend had his info session this past Friday and they said 11/23. I think that matches up with other months too with it being the Monday after the third Thursday?
Gotcha. At my info session in September they hinted at the Friday after the 3rd Thursday is when they will make calls, but it seemed a little ambiguous.

Still have yet to receive a secondary.. I submitted primary in July. Any chance of even getting a secondary? OOS with ties but not significant.

Still have yet to receive a secondary.. I submitted primary in July. Any chance of even getting a secondary? OOS with ties but not significant.
Don’t hold your breath.. unfortunately UNLV really favors instate. Even then the acceptance Rate for Instate students who interview is 30%.

Don’t hold your breath.. unfortunately UNLV really favors instate. Even then the acceptance Rate for Instate students who interview is 30%.
did you ever clear up that interview invite thing?

did you ever clear up that interview invite thing?
Yes, it was a misunderstanding, the “live interview” was a Group get together with other candidates to meet the deans and current students.

Hoping some calls go out today! Best of luck fellow applicants

Reactions: 5 users
What time they usually go out, does someone knows?
They said that calls will start going out at 9 AM the Monday after the third Thursday of each month.

Does anyone know if the admissions committee met in October?

Did anyone who interviewed in November get acceptance calls yet?

They said that calls will start going out at 9 AM the Monday after the third Thursday of each month.

Does anyone know if the admissions committee met in October?

Did anyone who interviewed in November get acceptance calls yet?
i interviewed in september, but no call yet

Or they’re not calling any SDN users

Aside from the early decision folks, does anyone here 100% know or has heard of someone who has been accepted under regular admission? I feel like they must have called some individuals by now

Aside from the early decision folks, does anyone here 100% know or has heard of someone who has been accepted under regular admission? I feel like they must have called some individuals by now
nope, not recently at least

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you smart people! Keep on killing the game

Reactions: 3 users
A friend of mine attendees the info session last week... according to the info they gave, they’ve offered about 20 acceptances so far. They review 50 apps each month and will offer 10 acceptances from those 50. They call Monday mornings.

A friend of mine attendees the info session last week... according to the info they gave, they’ve offered about 20 acceptances so far. They review 50 apps each month and will offer 10 acceptances from those 50. They call Monday mornings.
Thank you, this is helpful information!

Do you know if the committee goes in sequential order (by date of interview)?

Thank you, this is helpful information!

Do you know if the committee goes in sequential order (by date of interview)?
Not sure, but I would think so. Another thing i remember from my info session was that your application can be reviewed up to 3 times by the committee so after that time, if you haven’t been accepted, you either get waitlisted or rejected. I imagine that they give your app a final score, awarding the top 10 on the list an acceptance every month, so the ~10 who are accepted dont necessarily have to be from the 50 new applications that were reviewed.

I know it was mentioned that UNLV already sent out 20 acceptances, but does anyone know how many acceptances usually go out to fill the class of 60? Any info from previous years I guess? I'm a little worried because it seems like they have a big applicant pool this year.

UNLV_applied_accepted.png

This is only MSAR data of interviewed > matriculated. I can't remember where I saw other data that seemed to show about a ~30ish% acceptance rate for in-state. That chart for other medical schools doesn't show UNLV, only Reno.

I know it was mentioned that UNLV already sent out 20 acceptances, but does anyone know how many acceptances usually go out to fill the class of 60? Any info from previous years I guess? I'm a little worried because it seems like they have a big applicant pool this year.
In my interview session, Dr. Parrish said they only need to offer about 80 acceptances to fill the class.

In my interview session, Dr. Parrish said they only need to offer about 80 acceptances to fill the class.
Oh wow, so they don't need that many.

My interview week is tomorrow. I am wondering when I should be expecting an email from UNLV regarding the virtual interview. I asked for a half day tomorrow from work so I can have enough time to answer the questions. Does anyone know what time they send out the email with all of the info?

My interview week is tomorrow. I am wondering when I should be expecting an email from UNLV regarding the virtual interview. I asked for a half day tomorrow from work so I can have enough time to answer the questions. Does anyone know what time they send out the email with all of the info?
I think I got the interview email pretty early Monday morning of my interview week. You don't have to do it right away though. You have until Thursday night. The interview only takes about 45 mins. It's 7 questions which are on average 5 mins long each. 1 option video segment to record anything else you want to say. The rest is just showing you how to use the software. It's pretty self-explanatory when you open it up. Almost exactly like AAMC VITA.

For me it was a little after 9:00 an PST

Does anyone know if they take a pre-II update? I assume not, but one can hope. Can't find any info either way.