2019-2020 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance call on Dec 20! Interviewed early Oct

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, everyone! Does anybody know if UNLV accepts post-II updates? I didn’t see an option on the portal. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview on the 31st! I am incredibly excited, I graduated from UNLV and this is my top-choice school. Does anyone know if interviewing so late is going to be a potential hindrance to my acceptance here?

I have my interview on the 31st! I am incredibly excited, I graduated from UNLV and this is my top-choice school. Does anyone know if interviewing so late is going to be a potential hindrance to my acceptance here?
If they are interviewing you, they have spots available for admission.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance call today? What time of day do they normally call??

Has anyone heard any news about January acceptance calls? We were told on our interview day on 1/10 that the admission committee would be meeting on Wednesday 1/15 to make admissions decisions and would notify us soon thereafter.... Did they provide an acceptance timeline for those who interviewed on 1/17 or any other information on when acceptance calls would be made? I’m just trying to figure out if I haven’t gotten a call because I wasn’t accepted or because they haven’t called yet haha. Thx!!

Has anyone heard any news about January acceptance calls? We were told on our interview day on 1/10 that the admission committee would be meeting on Wednesday 1/15 to make admissions decisions and would notify us soon thereafter.... Did they provide an acceptance timeline for those who interviewed on 1/17 or any other information on when acceptance calls would be made? I’m just trying to figure out if I haven’t gotten a call because I wasn’t accepted or because they haven’t called yet haha. Thx!!
You might not hear back until February. The December interviews haven't heard back yet as far as I know.

I interviewed mid Oct. If I haven't heard back, should I be worried? :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed mid October and haven't heard yet either. But further back in this thread I'm pretty sure there were October interviews that have been accepted. I'm guessing we didn't get picked during their first review of our apps and now they'll review us again with the December (or January idk how far they've gotten yet) interviewees.

I'm just guessing tho. I think that's how they described the process tho

I interviewed mid October and haven't heard yet either. But further back in this thread I'm pretty sure there were October interviews that have been accepted. I'm guessing we didn't get picked during their first review of our apps and now they'll review us again with the December (or January idk how far they've gotten yet) interviewees.

I'm just guessing tho. I think that's how they described the process tho
I interviewed in September. At this point I'm expecting to get rejected. :/

Anyone hear anything about that? I interviewed mid November and havent gotten any updates yet.

I interviewed same time and haven’t heard anything as well. From the sounds of it it seems like they’ve either fallen behind schedule or no November and December interviewees on SDN have been accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I interviewed same time and haven’t heard anything as well. From the sounds of it it seems like they’ve either fallen behind schedule or no November and December interviewees on SDN have been accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't surprise me I suppose, they have so many apps to go through compared to the amount of available seats by the looks of things.

The January meeting was held today. With the winter holidays followed by MLK, the meeting was later than we would have liked (we try to meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month but it doesn't always work out). We'll likely be making calls for January next Monday. I know it's hard to wait, but we want to be fair to every applicant. We've got plenty of seats in the class to fill so it's not time to start worrying. We'll be interviewing until late February, We plan on this each year and keep seats open for the final few interview dates. Dr. P.

Reactions: 10 users
The January meeting was held today. With the winter holidays followed by MLK, the meeting was later than we would have liked (we try to meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month but it doesn't always work out). We'll likely be making calls for January next Monday. I know it's hard to wait, but we want to be fair to every applicant. We've got plenty of seats in the class to fill so it's not time to start worrying. We'll be interviewing until late February, We plan on this each year and keep seats open for the final few interview dates. Dr. P.

Hello Dr. P,

Thank you so much for coming on here and providing this information. It was very helpful! Would you also be willing to let us know the intended class size for this year? Thank you in advance.

Hello Dr. P,

Thank you so much for coming on here and providing this information. It was very helpful! Would you also be willing to let us know the intended class size for this year? Thank you in advance.
I believe 60 was the plan, but that 80 was the hopeful, contingent on funding. It'd be awesome if it came in!

I'll certainly be crossing my fingers for all of us guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get a call today?:)

Reactions: 1 users
I think people did get called today but probably just not on SDN? Saw the Facebook group had some activity today
Really? They get accepted today? Or just accepted in general? Strange that no one on SDN would have gotten one.

I recieved the acceptance call today around 10! I interviewed in January and am an in state resident! Good luck to everyone else!!

Reactions: 7 users
I recieved the acceptance call today around 10! I interviewed in January and am an in state resident! Good luck to everyone else!!

Good for you!! What interview date?!

I interviewed on the 31st. I don't expect the late-January interviews to be called until late February or early March. It sounds like they may be catching up a little from the holiday season. Nervous/excited to hear from them!

The calls dont have to align with our interview date right? So for instance, bot everyone who is going to get accepted from the November interviews will be getting their calls at the same time?

The calls dont have to align with our interview date right? So for instance, bot everyone who is going to get accepted from the November interviews will be getting their calls at the same time?

Yes that sounds right. The way they explained it is if they review our application and decide not to accept us then the next meeting we'll be at the top of the pile to review again. Then rinse and repeat until the end of the cycle. They gave an example of a girl who interviewed in September and was reviewed first each month but not accepted until the last month.

Yes that sounds right. The way they explained it is if they review our application and decide not to accept us then the next meeting we'll be at the top of the pile to review again. Then rinse and repeat until the end of the cycle. They gave an example of a girl who interviewed in September and was reviewed first each month but not accepted until the last month.
Great, hope for us yet then! (Assuming some of us have even been reviewed yet!)

Does anyone know how UNLV handles rejections? I'm curious if they have been sending out rejections alongside acceptances or if they just notify you of rejection at the end of the cycle.

Does anyone know of the post-II acceptance rate? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how UNLV handles rejections? I'm curious if they have been sending out rejections alongside acceptances or if they just notify you of rejection at the end of the cycle.

It seems like from previous years' threads that they save the rejections for the end of the cycle.

Does anyone know of the post-II acceptance rate? Thanks in advance!

I believe they mention that they interview about 300 people for 60 spots. Not sure how many make it off the waitlist or anything like that though. But assuming 10-20 come off the waitlist means a post-II acceptance rate of about 25% if I'm doing math right.

It seems like from previous years' threads that they save the rejections for the end of the cycle.

I believe they mention that they interview about 300 people for 60 spots. Not sure how many make it off the waitlist or anything like that though. But assuming 10-20 come off the waitlist means a post-II acceptance rate of about 25% if I'm doing math right.

Oh wow, thank you!! I really hope they received the funding that would allow them to increase the class size for this year. An acceptance here would be a dream come true!

Oh wow, thank you!! I really hope they received the funding that would allow them to increase the class size for this year. An acceptance here would be a dream come true!
Totally agree! I would love to be here.

Can anyone who interviewed share if OOS students are eligible to apply for state residency (and then pay in-state tuition) after the first year? Thank you!

Can anyone who interviewed share if OOS students are eligible to apply for state residency (and then pay in-state tuition) after the first year? Thank you!
Yes, they are eligible after year 1. They explained this during my interview day

Anyone hear any info about when the Second Look Day will be? Just checked their website and it still says TBD.

For those of you who have already interviewed, would you mind sharing the stress level of the interview? Thanks in advance!

Anyone hear any info about when the Second Look Day will be? Just checked their website and it still says TBD.

Are you an admitted student? If so you should join the FB group, all the info is on there. However I believe it’s April 16-17