2021-2022 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry this is my first asynchronous interview. Can anyone answer if you're allowed to re-record your video if you mess up? or do you only have one take and it moves to the next question?
Nah you can’t, you get 1 min to think and 5-7min to respond depending on the question.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry this is my first asynchronous interview. Can anyone answer if you're allowed to re-record your video if you mess up? or do you only have one take and it moves to the next question?
They give you a tool to help you practice. You can also check that the video and sound are working. You can also make your own practice by reviewing the questions and recording yourself answering on your computer or phone with the built in video recorder. Then review your video answers and re-record. It will help relax you once you’ve practiced a couple times and gotten the jitters out. :) Just breathe and be yourself. You will have Monday-Wednesday to record your interview if that helps with scheduling days off.

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone that is interviewing this week have you received the interview link?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they state that somewhere? Just asking, I had thought it was third Friday
I thought it was too but I contacted the school in January and they said due to scheduling the committee would meet the last week of January and the same thing was happening in February and March. It could change but as of last month that’s what they said.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought it was too but I contacted the school in January and they said due to scheduling the committee would meet the last week of January and the same thing was happening in February and March. It could change but as of last month that’s what they said.
All good! I reread ur post. Was hoping we’d hear today lol

They're probably just trying to find a consistent time to get their DND group together, and the third Friday is that magical time and day. If only we could all be so lucky

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, and they have their white coat ceremony today so not sure calls are going out.
Oh ok. I know they mentioned the schedule for February and March in January but I think it changes a lot.

Oh ok. I know they mentioned the schedule for February and March in January but I think it changes a lot.
The being in limbo is the worst. Wish we knew more about our status.

Until next month, friends.

I think if no one heard anything today then calls will happen next week. Usually atleast someone knows of someone that got a call.

I think if no one heard anything today then calls will happen next week. Usually atleast someone knows of someone that got a call.
That’s what I was thinking, but maybe they magically got 10 people that don’t use SDN lol.

That’s what I was thinking, but maybe they magically got 10 people that don’t use SDN lol.
Last year the February calls were made the first week of March and the March calls made first week of April. So I’m really hoping. I don’t know where else to check. I know some people have mentioned a FB group of new students on call days but that wasn’t mentioned either. I’ve applied before and never had a call day where someone didn’t post on here. First time for everything of course but I’m still hopeful.

Reactions: 3 users
Last year the February calls were made the first week of March and the March calls made first week of April. So I’m really hoping. I don’t know where else to check. I know some people have mentioned a FB group of new students on call days but that wasn’t mentioned either. I’ve applied before and never had a call day where someone didn’t post on here. First time for everything of course but I’m still hopeful.
You and me both 😂

I’m not sure, I just assumed they would today since it’s the last day of the month

I’m not sure, I just assumed they would today since it’s the last day of the month
Normally calls have gone out on Fridays. If you scroll up a little, most of us assumed calls would go out last Friday. Unsure if they did or not/what is going on.

Yea I just thought we might hear today if they didn’t do calls on Friday because of the white coat ceremony, but who knows

Yea I just thought we might hear today if they didn’t do calls on Friday because of the white coat ceremony, but who knows
It’s really tough. It has changed a little year to year. One year calls went out on fridays and another year on Mondays. I believe that the Feb calls will go out this Friday March 4th. That’s what happened last year. Which might mean March calls will go out April 1st. I was also hoping for Monday calls.

Hi Everyone!!
Just a quick update (and I apologize for not posting more, was out sick for almost a month). March will be our final meeting (last week of the month so call will be no later than 3/25) and we'll fill the rest of our seats. We'll then create the waitlist in early April and will contact applicants to either offer them a seat on the waitlist or deliver a final decline. For those who are declined that interviewed, we will offer feedback call appointments to those who are interested in reapplying in a future cycle. Those typically occur in May/June.

If we can answer any additional questions, please contact us at [email protected]

Reactions: 7 users
Have admission decisions been released to those who interviewed mid February yet ?

Last edited:
Have admission decisions been released to those who interviewed mid February yet ?
I believe UNLV does rolling admissions so calls were made on Feb. 25th but those were for all applicants that had interviewed since the start of the interview process in September. There is another round of calls happening the end of this month and then waitlist spots are offered via email. So people who interviewed in February could have heard last month but can also hear this month.

How are we feeling friends?
Hopeful, yet ready to be done with the torture. It's been a long wait for sure, and I'm just ready for an answer. Best of luck tomorrow guys.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m nervous but also ready to know. Best of luck as well! I hope some of us get to be classmates.

Reactions: 7 users
Got the call about 30 min ago!!! interviewed at the end of August!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi Everyone,
We have completed our calls today and filled our seats. In the next 7 to 10 days we'll be sending out notifications to either offer an Alternate List (waitlist) seat to remaining applicants or confirm their final denial status. Please continue to watch your email. For those offered an Alternate List seat, you will have only 2 days to accept or decline. For those who interviewed and are denied, you will later be offered an opportunity to sign up for a feedback call should you be interested in reapplying in a future cycle. These appointments typically occur in May.

Reactions: 2 users