2021-2022 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No call hahahah

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi again everyone! Quick update. Notifications for waitlist offers and for final denial should release on April 8th via email. If there is any change, we'll post it here.

Reactions: 1 users
With all due respect to the UNLV admissions team and school, I sincerely hope they reconsider their interviewing process/selection. Applying to medical school is hard enough. Interviewing and then waiting up to 7 months for a decision is ludicrous. While I understand they keep reviewing applicants each month, I would much rather be rejected right away then delay the inevitable if that was their decision. Of all the schools I interviewed at UNLV was my top choice, but had the worst response after my interview. Both with communication/updates on what day calls would be made and the turnaround time for a decision. One Friday a month I was overwhelmed with disappointment that I just had to wait another month to possibly hear nothing.

Just my two cents!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
waitlisted! better than my R last year. anyone know how the movement goes here?

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted. Fingers crossed. Last year they made calls a couple days in May and released the rest of the WL in the beginning of June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,

We have now released all waitlist invitations and notifications of final rejection for this cycle. For those rejected, you should also see an email to sign up for a feedback call if you are considering reapplication to UNLV in a future cycle. These are only offered to those who were interviewed. (If you didn't interview but would like feedback, we do those by email at [email protected])

Waitlist rankings are not released to applicants and our average reach has been 20 to 30 from our alternate list. The alternate season runs from now through the start of June. When we do finally close the cohort, we will notify those still on the waitlist and also offer you feedback calls at that time if you'd like to consider reapplication.

Finally, we know the waiting/time is the hardest part, but please also know our admissions committee takes your applications very seriously and gives them consideration for as long as possible (and multiple times over for those who interview) in order to provide you with the most opportunity as an applicant. We received just over 1500 applications this year, almost 800 secondaries, and interviewed close to 300.

As always if you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

Waitlisted! Keep your heads up everyone! We will make it :)

Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for accepted applicants?
I think there is a FB group and maybe there is info on there about a GroupMe. Congrats btw! If I may ask, did you get a call recently or on one of the previous call days?

Just withdrew my acceptance from here. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
I think there is a FB group and maybe there is info on there about a GroupMe. Congrats btw! If I may ask, did you get a call recently or on one of the previous call days?
Thank you! It was a previous call although I just got on SDN.

I got the A call off waitlist about 2 days ago around 11:30AM. Good luck to everyone and hope to see some more future classmates

Does anyone know how often calls go out? Is it once a week or everyday?

I emailed them and they said the calls go out as spots open up. No set day or time.
Thanks for letting me know! The waiting has been so tough and still hoping for the best, fingers crossed

I got the A call off waitlist about 2 days ago around 11:30AM. Good luck to everyone and hope to see some more future classmates
Congrats! I got the call earlier today but still haven’t received an email from admissions with more info, how long did it take for you to get that email?

Congrats! I got the call earlier today but still haven’t received an email from admissions with more info, how long did it take for you to get that email?
Congrats!! I got the email for the portal around 6ish? Then the next day I got more emails about onboarding and such.

Hey all, so I am a matriculating dental student at UNLV and I was thinking of trying to find potential housemates and would prefer to live with fellow med/dental students, does anyone know where/how I would find these potential housemates? LOL

Hi Everyone,
So currently seated admits need to do their final confirmation to Commit To Enroll by end of business, Wednesday, June 1st. We expect the waitlist to probably close sometime the week of June 6th. We will notify those not admitted off the waitlist of this final closure when it happens and also offer feedback calls to those interested in reapplication. Please watch your email for details in the coming weeks.

There is no set day/time for waitlist calls, they truly happen as seats are available.

Congrats to everyone that got in. I got the closure email this morning.

I got the closure email as well. Congrats to all those who were accepted! To the others, see you next cycle!