2020-2021 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What’s Monday? Are they actually sending out decisions?
Earlier in the thread it said the 22nd will be the next call date.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think they’ll send any more out this cycle? Super nervous for today 🤞

Ill Be Back Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF by 20th Century Studios

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call! I interviewed at the beginning of the cycle, so don’t lose hope!!

Reactions: 7 users
Also got the acceptance call!!!!! Interviewed last month! Got the call around 9:45AM!!!

Well gang, I think were looking at a WL or R coming next month

• Sad
  • Okay...
Reactions: 5 users
I wonder how big the waitlist will be and how much movement it will get. Any got an idea?

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder how big the waitlist will be and how much movement it will get. Any got an idea?
Honestly, I’m projecting astronomical WL movement at many schools this year due to the increased average number of schools applied to per applicant + the virtual interviews that applicants are MUCH less likely to turn down than in-person interviews. In normal years, it isn’t uncommon to turn down an II if you already have an acceptance to a school you like better. Just to save on time, money, etc. I don’t think that is happening much this cycle, and as a result, there are a lot of applicants holding multiple acceptances. Now, they all have to end up somewhere, so this could vary from school to school. But I do expect abnormal WL movement at many schools.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how it goes from here? Is there another call date? Or the rest are rejections/WL?

Does anyone know how it goes from here? Is there another call date? Or the rest are rejections/WL?
They said in a post on here earlier that if we don’t hear by March, waitlist/denial will come out in April. They build the waitlist in early April. Unless something has changed I think that’s the last call for Monday acceptances.

Hi Everyone!

We did do our final admissions calls today at noon. From here, interviewed candidates will go to our last meeting on April 8th for a decision on a waitlist seat or final deny notification. We expect both of those to release sometime the week of April 12th. Those notifications do get sent by email. Those offered a waitlist seat will be able to reply if they want it or not. Those who are denied will be offered a phone feedback call if they intend to reapply. Those appointments typically happen in May.

Our waitlist movement has varied every year so there's really not a predictor of how far down we'll go. Last year we saw some different patterns of waitlist movement due to COVID.

Please email us at [email protected] if you have additional questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when waitlist movement typically occurs? I think I read if you’re on the waitlist people will be deciding on schools mid April... anyone know?

Does anyone know when waitlist movement typically occurs? I think I read if you’re on the waitlist people will be deciding on schools mid April... anyone know?
After April 30th because people will be required to give up all acceptances but one.

Anyone heard anything as far as rejections or waitlist?

a friend of mine emailed admissions and they said the decisions will be next week :(

• Dislike
Hi Everyone!
Waitlist offers and final decision will be out next week (4/19). Everything will come out by email. We had to push out a week to give the committee a bit more time.
Thanks!

Reactions: 8 users
Got the email... WL for me. I am curious as to how many people they put on the WL and if we ever get to know our position on it. Any insight?

Waitlist email received! IS

Yikes no email is a rejection then? 🥲

Got the email... WL for me. I am curious as to how many people they put on the WL and if we ever get to know our position on it. Any insight?
"The UNLV School of Medicine Admissions Committee wraps up their season each year by building an alternate list of 70-100 applicants who interviewed during the admissions season. Alternate lists are ranked internally and as seats open in the cohort, the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions will contact alternate list members to offer admissions. Applicants who are chosen for the waitlist must respond within 24 hours that they want their waitlist seat. In addition, offers of admissions made to alternate list members must also be accepted within 24 hours. Applicants may continue to remain on other waitlists during this time but must make a final decision no later than June 15th to commit to the UNLV School of Medicine. The AMCAS CYMS program is also used during this process." Source: Applicants | UNLV School of Medicine | University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Last edited:
Now that the WL is out, do we know if there's any change of policy as far as update letters are concerned? I know they've been pretty transparent about NOT wanting them up to this point, but can we make our case now that we're on the WL? I graduate from an SMP the end of this month with a pretty solid gpa and I wasn't accepted to it when I sent in my primary so I didn't even mention the program at all. I feel like UNLV may not even be fully aware of it (other than mentions of it as often as appropriate during secondaries). So I've been itching to send them a transcript lol.

Based on previous threads, looks like around 20-25 people come off of the waitlist out of the 60-100 that they place on it. We will probably never find out our ranking

Reactions: 2 users
Now that the WL is out, do we know if there's any change of policy as far as update letters are concerned? I know they've been pretty transparent about NOT wanting them up to this point, but can we make our case now that we're on the WL? I graduate from an SMP the end of this month with a pretty solid gpa and I wasn't accepted to it when I sent in my primary so I didn't even mention the program at all. I feel like UNLV may not even be fully aware of it (other than mentions of it as often as appropriate during secondaries). So I've been itching to send them a transcript lol.
You could always email them to ask if they accept update letters, but my guess is that they will not accept them

Also rejected IS. How do we get feedback on our apps to apply again?

The admissions committee is no longer reviewing materials so there is no need to update any more this cycle.

Accepted off the waitlist via phone call about 1pm. Very grateful. Does anyone know how it works if I am on other waitlists? If I accept this offer does that imply that I remove myself from other waitlists?

Also, if anyone else was accepted today did you receive the "welcome" email?

Accepted off the waitlist via phone call about 1pm. Very grateful. Does anyone know how it works if I am on other waitlists? If I accept this offer does that imply that I remove myself from other waitlists?

Also, if anyone else was accepted today did you receive the "welcome" email?
I believe if you receive an offer. You have 24 hours to respond. If you say yes, you have to contact the other school.

Any calls off the waitlist gang??
Is there another forum or just this one? You said previous years about 20-25 got accepted. I’m new to the site and I don’t know how to see Facebook group movement. Is there another way to get info about the cycle?

Hi Everyone!
Waitlist offers and final decision will be out next week (4/19). Everything will come out by email. We had to push out a week to give the committee a bit more time.
Thanks!
Is there a set day or time for waitlist calls like during the cycle or is it done on a need basis?

Is there another forum or just this one? You said previous years about 20-25 got accepted. I’m new to the site and I don’t know how to see Facebook group movement. Is there another way to get info about the cycle?
There is a previous forum from the 2019-2020 application cycle. That forum is where I read that about 20-25 people move from the waitlist. Also, Facebook group member numbers are a very poor metric to determine how many students have been accepted. Only other way to get info other than what is communicated on SDN or by the school is to email the office of admissions.