2019-2020 Nevada, Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you an admitted student? If so you should join the FB group, all the info is on there. However I believe it’s April 16-17

Awesome, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, does anyone know if UNLV has deposit deadlines throughout the cycle for accepted students? I haven't been able to find anything on this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey guys, do any of you know how UNLV views letters of intent? Are they helpful, off putting, or somewhat meaningless/not worth it? I've seen mixed reviews on how various schools view them but hadn't heard anything about how receptive UNLV is of them. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, do any of you know how UNLV views letters of intent? Are they helpful, off putting, or somewhat meaningless/not worth it? I've seen mixed reviews on how various schools view them but hadn't heard anything about how receptive UNLV is of them. Thanks in advance!

Just this week, I was told by someone in the office that LOI's are not read by the committee. However, you can send them a brief sentence or two expressing your ties to Nevada if it wasn't already mentioned in your application or secondary! Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if February calls have gone out??

I wonder if calls were delayed because they made them late last month. Or just no one active on sdn was called.

As an October interviewee things are starting to feel pretty hopeless.

I wonder if calls were delayed because they made them late last month. Or just no one active on sdn was called.

As an October interviewee things are starting to feel pretty hopeless.

August here, hard not to feel the same way

Hey guys, does anyone know if UNLV has deposit deadlines throughout the cycle for accepted students? I haven't been able to find anything on this. Thanks in advance!

UNLV SOM does not require a deposit upon admissions to hold a seat. We only have the secondary application fee during the application period.

Have they sent out scholarships offers yet?

The Scholarship Committee for the UNLV SOM meets between February and April and has a rolling award notification (much like admissions). A first round of scholarships have been awarded to admitted students. Several more are still to come.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will go out?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will go out?
Yeah, ever since break, I think the Admin Committee's meeting schedule has been thrown off. Idk if they're on the monthly decisions anymore or not

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a scholarship letter the other day! Super pumped!

Are you required to select Plan to Enroll on the AMCAS Choose Your Med School Tool to be considered for a scholarship? I saw that on UNLV's policies but I'm a little confused because I thought schools can't see who selects Plan to Enroll until April 30.

Are you required to select Plan to Enroll on the AMCAS Choose Your Med School Tool to be considered for a scholarship? I saw that on UNLV's policies but I'm a little confused because I thought schools can't see who selects Plan to Enroll until April 30.

No! I have not selected where I plan to enroll quite yet and received the scholarship.

Has anyone heard when UNLV SOM is going to give out their next round of decisions?

Has anyone heard when UNLV SOM is going to give out their next round of decisions?

They will be having one last committee meeting in April where they will be sending out their last round of acceptances and putting together their waitlist! Hope this helps

They will be having one last committee meeting in April where they will be sending out their last round of acceptances and putting together their waitlist! Hope this helps
I interviewed on January 31st. Do you think this will be the first time my application will be reviewed since the interview? I am sure that the coronavirus has impacted their scheduled meetings.

I interviewed on January 31st. Do you think this will be the first time my application will be reviewed since the interview? I am sure that the coronavirus has impacted their scheduled meetings.
Probably, because I don't think that they had a February meeting or any meeting in March so far

I actually have no idea, friend :l I'm on the same boat as you as an interviewee. I interviewed in February tho!

Hi, I'm new to the community, but I wanted to pass some information. I reached out to admissions and they said final decisions and waitlist offers will go out in early April according to their schedule. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 6 users
Let's try to keep it all on topic, guys - thanks!

Hi, I'm new to the community, but I wanted to pass some information. I reached out to admissions and they said final decisions and waitlist offers will go out in early April according to their schedule. Hope this helps!
Do you know if they’ll send out decisions this week?

Do you know if they’ll send out decisions this week?
They just told me that they would be sending out final decisions and waitlist offers in early April. I assume that could mean this week and next week. Sorry, they didn't tell me exact dates.

Final decisions may have gone out, everyone! Anyone know the waitlist movement for UNLV? (just asking for a friend lol)

Some decisions have been released. I've been placed on the alternate list. Good luck to everyone else!

Some decisions have been released. I've been placed on the alternate list. Good luck to everyone else!
Same. Best of luck! Not exactly the closure I wanted but I'll take it :lol:.

Alternate list

1586209155073.png

• Haha
Still haven’t heard anything after interviewing in October

The UNLV School of Medicine is releasing final decisions this week (admissions, waitlist, and decline with feedback option). Thank you for your patience and we hope you are all doing well. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The UNLV School of Medicine is releasing final decisions this week (admissions, waitlist, and decline with feedback option). Thank you for your patience and we hope you are all doing well. Stay safe.

Are students who get accepted from the alternate list still in the running for scholarships?

And if possible, can you speak to the size of the alternate list and how much movement you expect?

Thank you very much.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who got on the alternate list, do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

Are students who get accepted from the alternate list still in the running for scholarships?

And if possible, can you speak to the size of the alternate list and how much movement you expect?

Thank you very much.

Students who are admitted from the waitlist do get scholarship consideration from our discretionary funds pool.

We do not release waitlist information (ranking or headcount). Historically, we have had 20 to 25 students come in off the waitlist each year.

R today, interviewed in October, OOS