2017-2018 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First acceptance!!! Made up for the disappointment at midnight silence. Congratulations to the rest of you that have been accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted via email @ 7:57am! 3rd time's the charm!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted at 7:57. Interviewed in late September. Feels good to know that I can take my upcoming interviews with some ease~

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched at 8 am which totally surprised me!! I honestly thought I messed this interview up so bad.. it was one of the hardest I had.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Holy crap was not expecting to pre-match. Tears of happiness all morning.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the acceptances! If you have any questions, I’m a current M1. Feel free to DM me. :)

Congrats on the acceptances! If you have any questions, I’m a current M1. Feel free to DM me. :)

Has anyones TMDSAS prematch withdraw page updated yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get a "congratulations on your acceptance" email from your interviewer? It's super thoughtful that it's personalized, but I can't tell if I'm supposed to respond! ....especially since I'm probably about to decline their offer

Did anyone else get a "congratulations on your acceptance" email from your interviewer? It's super thoughtful that it's personalized, but I can't tell if I'm supposed to respond! ....especially since I'm probably about to decline their offer
I got the email from one of my interviewers! I did respond to be nice and because I thought it was really sweet of her but yeah I’ll be declining their offer as well.

It’s likely not personalized at all. I got the same email from both of my interviewers.

I responded to the e-mail and the interview actually replied right back adding to the original e-mail. I can't speak to whether the original message is personalized or not but I do know that they are responsive.

It’s likely not personalized at all. I got the same email from both of my interviewers.
I am about to reply to mine because it was really sweet and time was taken to write it! Mine was also extremely personalized to our conversation and continued on with two jokes we had going during the interview.

From what I've seen on past threads they rarely send out a second batch of prematches. Feelsbadman
Feb 1st is so far away

Based on years past, we still have a chance for the last couple interview dates. Fingers crossed for the both of us
For sure. Since it's getting close to Thanksgiving, it's hard not to be anxious haha :(

For sure. Since it's getting close to Thanksgiving, it's hard not to be anxious haha :(
FYI, I received an interview from here a few days ago for the end of November. I’m sure there are some II left, so don’t worry.

I am at a loss for words. Accepted today!! So excited for the opportunity to become an Aggie doc!

Reactions: 9 users
I am at a loss for words. Accepted today!! So excited for the opportunity to become an Aggie doc!
Congrats bud! I remember seeing you prematched to UTRGV. Which school are you going to choose?

I was super super happy to have pre-matched here. I'm between this school and Long (pre-matched there too!!!) as my second choices. I was incredibly impressed during my interview day at A&M. Been digging some stuff up online though and I found a thread that's kind of concerning (). A couple of people here mention that they're talking about separating from Baylor Scott & White. Can anyone explain whether this is true at all and what it would mean? Is this something that is worth worrying about or just some bs?

Another thing--location is a pretty big plus for me, particularly the potential to spend three years in central TX (Round Rock or Temple). I read some stuff on last year's forum about budget cuts and one person said that it'd make sense to get rid of the regional campuses or something in order to keep the quality of the current students' education from being affected. This is going to sound stupid, but they wouldn't do something like that, right..? I promise I don't mean to troll/whine/fear monger, I just want to do everything I can to know what I'm getting into when I choose my school next year, and I literally have no idea how any of this stuff works. I felt like A&M was the perfect fit when I was interviewing/touring so it would be great to have some of these worries alleviated lol. Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
All I can say from a students perspective is: It's a possibility. I don't think either parties are interested in dropping the relationship, but there are re-negotiations occurring. Temple is the only campus in any sort of question, though: Round Rock, Dallas, CS, and Houston are all stable. As for the nurses teaching physical exam, Jerry Livingston is one hell of an instructor, and he has built the nations largest PETA (Physical exam teaching associate) group for our school. These are trained instructors who teach the student how to perform a physical exam correctly on their own bodies. At many schools this is used for some of the more anxiety provoking exams such as the male and female genitourinary and breast exams, but it extends at Texas A&M to the MSK exam, heart and lungs, abdomen, neuro, etc. First years are loving it, and second years are going back to brush up. Hell, I'm a third year, and when I heard about it from a presentation at the national AAMC meeting I was ready to head back to College Station for a try myself.

What's the procedure for accepting the pre-match offer at TAMU; do we just have to fill out the 3 forms that are on the TAMU portal?

And just to confirm, is the acknowledge form binding? As in if I click this statement am I required to attend TAMU: "I ACCEPT the offer to enroll as a first-year medical student at the Texas A&M University College of Medicine beginning July 2018." I plan to rank another TX school I was accepted to higher for the match process.

What's the procedure for accepting the pre-match offer at TAMU; do we just have to fill out the 3 forms that are on the TAMU portal?

And just to confirm, is the acknowledge form binding? As in if I click this statement am I required to attend TAMU: "I ACCEPT the offer to enroll as a first-year medical student at the Texas A&M University College of Medicine beginning July 2018." I plan to rank another TX school I was accepted to higher for the match process.
If you are going to rank another school you got accepted to higher why not just decline the pre match offer and withdraw?

If you are going to rank another school you got accepted to higher why not just decline the pre match offer and withdraw?
Financial aid will play a critical role for me - can’t speak for others.

From what I have heard most schools will not give out student specific financial aid information until after match day. Do some schools give out that information before then?

From what I have heard most schools will not give out student specific financial aid information until after match day. Do some schools give out that information before then?
Definitely. Many have already heard back from Southwestern, and when I called A&M the other day, it sounded like they planned to tell us before match day (didn’t have a chance to talk to the person making that call yet). Makes a lot of sense to release financial aid info before making us choose.

Scholarships are going to play a huge role for me in order to decide my ranking.

According to TMDSAS we can accept multiple
offers during prematch, so everything right now is not a binding contract.

Scholarships are going to play a huge role for me in order to decide my ranking.

You've earned the right to hold on to as many of your prematches as long as you want...But by dropping those that you are certain that you won't attend so that others as deserving gets the spot, you will be creating good will and positive karma. And the universe might just respond in-kind...

n=1.

I dropped the schools I was certain I didn't want to attend 1 day after prematch day. Five days later, I got unexpected/surprising news that one of my top two choices awarded me a merit scholarship. Coincidence, maybe...but you never know...

I've read online that A&M doesn't have the best research options for med students. Can a current student offer their insight? Also is there any truth to the rumors about separating from Baylor Scott & White.

Maybe people have answered this, but I don't feel like reading the whole thread (sorry!)

Also would the prematch event this weekend be a good opportunity to have these questions answered? If it's more of a showing-off-the-campus event, I'll likely skip (so I can sleep innnnnnnnnnn). Thanks!

Also how does A&M rank in Texas? How does it look to residency programs? I realize you probably don't know this exactly, but as a student there what is your impression?

Also I lost my interview packet lol so if anyone can post the most recent match list I'd appreciate it!

I didn’t get notification that I received a scholarship until about 5 days after match. Either way, it is one of the cheaper schools.

II yesterday! So excited!! Give date of Dec 7

Reactions: 6 users
II yesterday! So excited!! Give date of Dec 7

Did you ever receive an email from TAMHSC that they have received/processed your application? I never got one even though on the portal it says "under review" for me