2022-2023 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed last week of Nov, got a note saying Congrats Medical good. Now hoping for an A. Anyone else waiting?
Congrats medical good?

Members don't see this ad.

Just a heads up, they are now offering spots for the coast guard. If accepted, you can apply to switch branches
Does anyone know if joining coast guard would mean you can’t get deployed out of the country? I am an ignorant civilian so bear with me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if joining coast guard would mean you can’t get deployed out of the country? I am an ignorant civilian so bear with me lol
That’s actually a great question! Yes, Coast Guardsmen still have the possibility of deploying overseas in support of contingency operations. I don’t know what that deployment cycle would look like for a USCG doc though. Here’s an interesting article I found about some other little known facts about the Coast Guard: Top 10 Things You Don't Know About the Coast Guard

Reactions: 1 users
did any of you guys had to do an interview for the SF-86 in-person?

did any of you guys had to do an interview for the SF-86 in-person?
I did an in-person when I got my initial clearance after enlisting, but there is the possibility of a phone interview as well. It just depends on investigator availability.

I did an in-person when I got my initial clearance after enlisting, but there is the possibility of a phone interview as well. It just depends on investigator availability.
my investigator is local, and wanted an interview tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Can someone explain administrative waiver Process. They are not requesting further medical records. I broke my hip in 8th grade playing football. Recovered and a year later I was back on the field. Not sure why this is flagged

Can someone explain administrative waiver Process. They are not requesting further medical records. I broke my hip in 8th grade playing football. Recovered and a year later I was back on the field. Not sure why this is flagged
So for context, is the "they" that are not requesting further medical records DoDMERB? Have you reached out to the USUHS Commissioning Coordinator for any clarification on the classification of you medical exam? DoD Instruction 6130.03 Volume I outlines all the disqualifying conditions, perhaps some criteria in there justified the decision, but I cant say.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m losing my mind I interviewed the week of 12/5 and still haven’t heard back lol

So for context, is the "they" that are not requesting further medical records DoDMERB? Have you reached out to the USUHS Commissioning Coordinator for any clarification on the classification of you medical exam? DoD Instruction 6130.03 Volume I outlines all the disqualifying conditions, perhaps some criteria in there justified the decision, but I cant say.

I tore my shoulder labrum playing college football in 2020. Had a surgery to repair it. DODMERB requested my docs and wanted my operation notes, 1st and 2nd follow ups, and my "return to play" release. I sent them and haven't heard anything else. IDK if it will flag, but my notes from my physical said I didnt have any symptoms and was good on that end, so maybe I dont need a waiver? My sister had to get a waiver done for something else, but that was 8 years ago. She said it wasn't too bad

what's the interview process like?
Both of mine were virtual. One was with a professor at the school (he was USU alumni) and the other was a MS4. They both emailed me about a week before the "week of" my interview to schedule dates. Both interviews were super chill, but the professor asked me some decently hard questions so make sure you do your homework on your app, the university, and Military med as a whole

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back from the 11/28 interviews ? Keeping toes, eye lashes, eyebrows, fingers crossed

Interviewed the week of 11/14 and haven't heard back from them yet. I asked them through email but they replied that "the committee" was reviewing my file before a final decision by the admissions committee. Does any one have an idea what "the committee" is? Maybe its a security clearance reason since I did have to meet a special agent to clarify my background.

Interviewed the week of 11/14 and haven't heard back from them yet. I asked them through email but they replied that "the committee" was reviewing my file before a final decision by the admissions committee. Does any one have an idea what "the committee" is? Maybe its a security clearance reason since I did have to meet a special agent to clarify my background.
Where do you see this ?

Anyone hear back from the 11/28 interviews ? Keeping toes, eye lashes, eyebrows, fingers crossed
I heard about 4 weeks ago and was waitlisted but haven’t heard anything since. Crossing my eyelashes for you as well!

If I have donated a Kidney to my mother, and have no medical issues myself, would this prevent me from applying next cycle? Could I request to have it waived?

If I have donated a Kidney to my mother, and have no medical issues myself, would this prevent me from applying next cycle? Could I request to have it waived?
Absence of one kidney for any reason is listed as a disqualifying condition in DODI 6130.03 Version I, BUT there is always the possibility of a waiver! That process can’t be started until after applying (after an interview invite, you fill out medical background paperwork and are seen by a DOD approved physician who assesses you based on military specific criteria), so it is a bit of a gamble. You may want to talk to your nearest recruitment office to inquire further.

Attachments

• 18AB5E57-FB4C-4694-81CD-EA9663752BC2.jpeg
    18AB5E57-FB4C-4694-81CD-EA9663752BC2.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 84
Is anyone still waiting for medical clearance on DoDMERB? Still, no updates, and it's been two months since I fulfilled a remedial request... I got a response from the Chief of Operations at DoDMERB, and she just told me to monitor the website for any changes. People who have medical clearance and security clearance will be selected from the waitlist first, even if you are on a higher position in the list, so I'm worried this delay will not play out to my advantage at all hahaha....ha......:1poop:

Does anyone know the logistics for accepting an HPSP spot (signing the contract) and later being accepted to USUHS? Are you able to move forward with the HPSP process and decline if you receive an acceptance later from USUHS? I've seen mixed comments from previous SDN threads and the recruiter said he wasn't sure and would look into what options are available, so just curious if anyone else has been in this boat and gotten a solid answer from either USUHS or an HPSP recruiter :) Thanks!

Does anyone know the logistics for accepting an HPSP spot (signing the contract) and later being accepted to USUHS? Are you able to move forward with the HPSP process and decline if you receive an acceptance later from USUHS? I've seen mixed comments from previous SDN threads and the recruiter said he wasn't sure and would look into what options are available, so just curious if anyone else has been in this boat and gotten a solid answer from either USUHS or an HPSP recruiter :) Thanks!
I am in this situation too... I interviewed late (early Feb) and I honestly feel i interviewed for a waitlist spot. I already got accepted to army HPSP as well, and want to move forward with the civilian med school i got accepted by.

Eitherway, the pathway is the same whether its hpsp or USUHS... money now via .mil or money later in private practice

If I'm medically qualified in DODMERB and have a conditional acceptance, does that mean I'm unconditionally accepted (and don't have to do anything else exam-wise)?

If I'm medically qualified in DODMERB and have a conditional acceptance, does that mean I'm unconditionally accepted (and don't have to do anything else exam-wise)?
My unconditional came about a week after receiving notice that I was cleared medically. Alternatively, it could be that your security clearance is still being processed.

The way my recruiter explained it... I can sign whatever I want. Nothing is binding until I accept the money and use it... so if you get accepted to usuhs you should still be good even if you signed the HPSP contract.

Waitlisted, this morning, interviewed 12/15. Is this decision separate from dodmerb medicals? I was medically dq'ed and submitted my waiver a few weeks ago, haven't heard back regarding that.

Waitlisted, interviewed week of 12/5. Super bummed, wondering how soon we may see movement. :(

Also got waitlisted two months ago, do your guys think I should start applying for student loan and housing for the school that I already got accepted or should I wait until May to see the result?

Just got the email regarding coast guard. Would it be worth it to submit the selection form again and put coast guard as my last option? Would this increase my chances of getting off the wait list?

Just got the email regarding coast guard. Would it be worth it to submit the selection form again and put coast guard as my last option? Would this increase my chances of getting off the wait list?
I remember Mrs. Stearman saying that if you emailed your admissions officer and told them that you would take any branch available, it would help. They try to match branch preferences with admission even on the waitlist.

Also got waitlisted two months ago, do your guys think I should start applying for student loan and housing for the school that I already got accepted or should I wait until May to see the result?
It's definitely up to you. USU has a lot of movement in April/May, but I'd definitely work on the sure thing. Happened to my sister, and then got pulled off the waitlist at USU. Now she's an operational med doc with the AF. It just depends

Interviewed week of 12/12. LM 72.30. Just got the A this morning! Quite unexpected!:eek:

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted! Interviewed 1/16!

Reactions: 3 users

I did. Submitted waiver email and did not get response. Waitlisted today. Not sure what to expect at this point