2017-2018 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could anyone help me out? I'm almost done with the secondary, but I don't know what the TMDSAS PIN is...
Is it your ID? I've looked online and haven't been able to find any definitive answer. Thanks in advance.

Could anyone help me out? I'm almost done with the secondary, but I don't know what the TMDSAS PIN is...
Is it your ID? I've looked online and haven't been able to find any definitive answer. Thanks in advance.

Correct, it is you TMDSAS ID

Members don't see this ad :)
I had totally forgot that they don't send a email invite :( I had to hurry to send mine in today. Note to self SMP + applying to med school at the same time = bad idea. Drowning in secondaries. I paid the fee at 5:00:31 (5:00pm and 30 seconds) and it went through do you think they will accept it?

I had totally forgot that they don't send a email invite :( I had to hurry to send mine in today. Note to self SMP + applying to med school at the same time = bad idea. Drowning in secondaries. I paid the fee at 5:00:31 (5:00pm and 30 seconds) and it went through do you think they will accept it?
Should go through, the 5 pm deadline is for the primary application.

That feeling when you thought you got an II but instead its an email about HB1508 :(

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I certainly did not get that email. They really don't care about me :( lol

It's likely no big deal. HB 1508 info is already at the bottom of your secondary application.
I haven't heard anything back (any kind of communication) since I submitted my secondary back in July

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It's likely no big deal. HB 1508 info is already at the bottom of your secondary application.
I haven't heard anything back (any kind of communication) since I submitted my secondary back in July 31.

Already interviewed and did not get it. The process is random

Reactions: 2 users

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 6.44.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 6.44.55 PM.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 117
II today as well! LM 67, ORM

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!!!! Thank you for posting! :)

When was your file complete? What dates are available?

I sent my secondary on 7/21, but didn't take Casper until 9/18. I was assigned 10/26. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if an MD decision may be deferred until a possible MD/PhD decision would be made? I interviewed for both and the MD interviews went a lot better than the MD/PhD interviews so I'm curious if the MD decision will come out before the MD/PhD one (in case MD/PhD doesn't accept or reject but just holds on to my app for another month, would that prevent an MD decision from being made?)?

Would it be too late at this point to take the required CASPER? Thanks in advance!

Would it be too late at this point to take the required CASPER? Thanks in advance!
Maybe sign up for it ASAP? I am not 100% sure how and if they’re using that data this year, but it looks like it is required for your app. If you’re insterested in A&M, again, sign up for it ASAP. You never know if this may be the thing holding your app back.

Maybe sign up for it ASAP? I am not 100% sure how and if they’re using that data this year, but it looks like it is required for your app. If you’re insterested in A&M, again, sign up for it ASAP. You never know if this may be the thing holding your app back.

My interviewer said that CASPER results will not be used to determine offers for this incoming class. But they are testing CASPER to determine whether to use it for future cycles.

However, CASPER is required to complete your application. You need to sign up and take it on the earliest available date (since CASPER can take up to a month to send your results to the school) if you want to be considered by Admissions for an II.

What is the interview like here? Can anyone who's interviewed recently shed some light?

II just now for Temple campus on 11/9! LizzyM 69, IS, URM. Complete 7/26. This was the last school I was waiting to hear back from. So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
II just now for Temple campus on 11/9! LizzyM 69, IS, URM. Complete 7/26. This was the last school I was waiting to hear back from. So excited!

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!! Must feel really good to get all that love! You're really killing it! You got interviews at all the Texas schools. Well done!

Hi all!

I was wondering if any anyone/current med students have any feedback on the EnMed program at the school? I applied as a dual degree applicant and have an interview coming up. Would love to hear some perspectives on the program if possible!

Accepted via email! OOS Interviewed 8/17

I can't believe I am going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted via email! OOS Interviewed 8/17

I can't believe I am going to be a doctor!
Congrats, your application must have been very impressive considering you got into this school as an OOS applicant. Celebrate this extraordinary achievement. You will make a great doctor.

Accepted OOS via email! Interviewed 8/24

Reactions: 3 users
Is there anyone else who interviewed on 8/24 or near that date still waiting for acceptance or rejection? My portal still says my status is "interviewed" and I don't know if that is a good or bad sign if some people have already been accepted OOS..

Anyone that interviewed that can explain more about how the interview day went/ what is scheduled?
It's pretty relaxed. You basically have lectures through most of the morning on what the campus is like and what the school values and how the academics are structured. You have lunch with some current students and hear about the campus from their perspective. And then in the afternoon, after a tour of the facilities, you have two interviews. Both of my interviews were very relaxed and honestly kind of funny since both of my interviewers had a good sense of humor. It was generally a very fun day. The interviews themselves were very conversational. One interviewer and I literally discussed interior design for half of it. The other was more focused on selling the school so it was pretty fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

By far the looongest interview day....

My interviewer said that CASPER results will not be used to determine offers for this incoming class. But they are testing CASPER to determine whether to use it for future cycles.

However, CASPER is required to complete your application. You need to sign up and take it on the earliest available date (since CASPER can take up to a month to send your results to the school) if you want to be considered by Admissions for an II.
Thank god. Because I failed miserably...

does anyone know to update the adcom here w/ new transcripts and publications? I interviewed but don't see any options on their online portal.

Hi y'all. I have a 64 Lizzy M and was wondering if I had a chance here (from a top 25 university if that even matters). Would appreciate some feedback!

Hi y'all. I have a 64 Lizzy M and was wondering if I had a chance here (from a top 25 university if that even matters). Would appreciate some feedback!
Did you already apply? Median GPA here is 3.8 and MCAT 510, and an OOS applicant should generally be at or above those numbers. Application deadline was September 29.