2021-2022 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone please comment on the options for 4th year rotations? Are you stuck in the city you chose or can you do rotations at the different branch/satellite campuses?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone please comment on the options for 4th year rotations? Are you stuck in the city you chose or can you do rotations at the different branch/satellite campuses?
Similar to every other US school, you are always able to apply for away rotations during your 4th year (especially to places you want to go for residency), so that is always an option.

However, you are able to rotate at any of the clinic locations (and this includes Temple, despite not being able to do 3rd year core rotations there) and it is considered a home rotation. This means it is easier to set up (not to mention you will likely have med school friends in the area you may be able to room with) and every site is considered a home program for residencies (regardless if you ever visited).

It is not unheard of for students to align an elective schedule at another campus to spend several months in, say, Dallas even though their clinical site is Round Rock.

To current TAMU students, does TAMU give out scholarships or match scholarships from other schools? How generous are they?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hey yall might be a dumb question, but if you got an interview for enmed and the MD program are you supposed to have 2 entries to rank on tmdsas or just one?

hey yall might be a dumb question, but if you got an interview for enmed and the MD program are you supposed to have 2 entries to rank on tmdsas or just one?
Just so happens that THES made a blog post about this question this week!
Medical Acceptances for Dual Degree Program Applicants

If you have doubts after reading this, message TMDSAS in your portal and your liaison will respond to you directly

Do they still have OOS acceptances to offer at this point? For EnMed or regular MD. Starting to lose hope ngl.

• Care
Do they still have OOS acceptances to offer at this point? For EnMed or regular MD. Starting to lose hope ngl.
I think it’s too early to be worried, as OOS applicants still have not needed to narrow down their choices if they have other acceptances. They can fill OOS spots if people withdraw, I’m guessing in April.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think there will be a wave of OOS acceptances on/around match day next week? I'm hopeful but also ready to wait till April/May to hear back

Are we allowed to send Letters of Intent for TAMU (Regular or EnMed program) post-interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Match day y'all. Drop in and say hello.

Reactions: 3 users
Matched! How do I know if I matched into EnMed or regular MD?

Reactions: 2 users
OOS student...since match day happened, should I send an email regarding a letter of intent now? Interviewed back in September, but haven't heard anything yet.

Matched! How do I know if I matched into EnMed or regular MD?
I emailed them, and it turns out that I received the regular MD offer. This was surprising because I have never seen anyone who interviewed at EnMed but got into the regular MD. Still, happy to go to A&M since this is my 3rd time applying!

I emailed them, and it turns out that I received the regular MD offer. This was surprising because I have never seen anyone who interviewed at EnMed but got into the regular MD. Still, happy to go to A&M since this is my 3rd time applying!
Congrats on the acceptance future doc

hi y'all, I didn't match here and am wondering if I'm on the WL or not. My portal status changed back to under review, do y'all know what it might mean?

hi y'all, I didn't match here and am wondering if I'm on the WL or not. My portal status changed back to under review, do y'all know what it might mean?
Their website says they send notifications to waitlisted people on March 11th so you should wait for that day to find out! I also didn't match but my status says "interviewed". I honestly don't think it means anything

Congrats to everyone who matched! I am a current student. If you have any questions, DM me! I have an exam later this week but I will get back to you as quick as possible.

If we are OOS (enmed) applicants who had an interview already, are we either going to be put on the alternate list on March 11 or rejected at this point? Or can we still be accepted after match day?

If we are OOS (enmed) applicants who had an interview already, are we either going to be put on the alternate list on March 11 or rejected at this point? Or can we still be accepted after match day?
OOS applicants can be accepted after Match Day. Good Luck!

• Love
Just got the email for alternate list, praying there will be a lot of WL movement !! 😅

Reactions: 3 users
Also got the alternate list email a little over an hour ago. IS.

I was added to the alternate list today btw. Do y'all know the likelihood of movement?

Added to the waitlist today! Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked? Because I was waitlisted for UTMB, and they told me theirs was not ranked.

(GPA 4.0, MCAT 509, Submitted 08/30, Interviewed 11/04)

Last edited:
I was added to the alternate list today btw. Do y'all know the likelihood of movement?
According to MSAR, about 100 students get on wait-list and 25 of them get off from the wait-list of TAMU.

Rejected just now, applied to EnMed in late July, interviewed in mid Dec. OOS. Good luck to all the EnMed folks, hopefully we get to work together in the future.

• Sad
added to alternate list for enmed! do we know how much movement the enmed alternate list usually sees?

Are any OOS acceptances going out this week? Or just WL and R?

Does anybody know likelihood of getting accepted off EnMed alt list?
It's hard to tell because all the data that's shown is for entire TAMU applicants. I assume it's lower than other MD programs because the program is very niche that people are willing to give up higher ranked schools. I personally know a person who ranked EnMed higher than Baylor. It's only n=1 so take my words with a grain of salt.

If I haven’t yet received an email regarding my status for both EnMed and straight MD, can I automatically assume it is an R considering they have sent out alternate emails already?

If I haven’t yet received an email regarding my status for both EnMed and straight MD, can I automatically assume it is an R considering they have sent out alternate emails already?
I thought alternate emails are still going out through tomorrow but I could be wrong

What does it mean to be an OOS applicant (regular MD) who is post-II and not heard anything back? Is a WL or A still possible or is this a soft R? Any insight is appreciated - thank you!

What does it mean to be an OOS applicant (regular MD) who is post-II and not heard anything back? Is a WL or A still possible or is this a soft R? Any insight is appreciated - thank you!
It usually means that they have extended 10% invitations already to OOS and waiting for their responses. If people turn down their admission, it will open up opportunities for others, OOS or IS depending on how late in the cycle these openings become available.

It usually means that they have extended 10% invitations already to OOS and waiting for their responses. If people turn down their admission, it will open up opportunities for others, OOS or IS depending on how late in the cycle these openings become available.
Thank you!