2021-2022 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have an idea at this point in the cycle approximately how many interviews are expected to be left? This is my top choice and I’m kinda surprised I’ve heard nothing just because my application aligns with their mission and everything so well. Trying to be patient but just curious!
You can still get invited for late November and December spots. Don't lose hope.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You can follow along over here to see how many days they have sent out interview invitations: #2

Last year their last invitations went out the first week of December. But to answer your exact question I don't know & can't predict how many more interviews remain.
I appreciate it, good to know about early December being the last of them for last year. I’ll just keep hanging in there for now. Thanks for the response!

I appreciate it, good to know about early December being the last of them for last year. I’ll just keep hanging in there for now. Thanks for the response!
At the earliest, the last scheduled interview slot is Jan 21, 2022. Not sure when the last invites are sent. Speaking from experience, I got several pre-match offers before half of my interview invites came so definitely don't stress out about it now!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At the earliest, the last scheduled interview slot is Jan 21, 2022. Not sure when the last invites are sent. Speaking from experience, I got several pre-match offers before half of my interview invites came so definitely don't stress out about it now!
Oh wow okay, I'll definitely keep my head up, thanks for the reassurance! Seems patience is the game right now.

II this afternoon, complete 6/2! Date offered is 11/11

Reactions: 4 users
II earlier this afternoon! Complete 6/28, LM 68

Is TAMU med known for awarding merit aid? I have strong grades and a very good MCAT score, and I was wondering if they have historically given aid in the past.

A couple months ago I checked on this for Texas schools. From what I found, Texas A&M, Tech El Paso don't accept updates. McGovern accepts an update only after an interview. I couldn't find anything about Dell, but sent one anyway. I sent updates to all the rest of the Texas schools. I applied really early this cycle and now I am working as a scribe in the ER. So I updated them on how this is giving me great clinical experience.
Dell does not.

Has anyone heard about EnMed decisions coming out yet?

Has anyone heard about EnMed decisions coming out yet?
Nothing - which is odd and I'm not sure what to make of it because it's confusing on a few points:

1. TAMU/EnMed have always sent out acceptances on the first day of prematch
2. EnMed last year extended the application window - it was guessed that there may not have been enough applicants that matched the program mission
3. EnMed also did not fill last year's class (filling 49 spots out of 50)
4. EnMed is new - so any applicants that qualify for their program, likely will qualify at another medical school. If my assumption about that is correct, I'd also guess there's a good amount of applicants that will choose to go to an established MD school instead of a) 'gambling' on a new program and b) doing the work for a dual-degree. And if that is true, then it also is confusing why EnMed wouldn't send out A's earlier (i.e. to get to applicants before other schools do)
5. On interview day, and their website - they directly stated that acceptances would go out mid-October.

Overall, the only explanation(s) I've heard that could explain this are:

1. This is the first year EnMed is standalone as it's own college
2. Some sort of "Fauci effect" wherein there could be a massive influx of extremely qualified applicants from EnMed's increase in PR and outreach, and they could be having trouble picking their favorites.
3. Depending on how the mechanisms of acceptances work - TAMU COM overaccepted last year. If applicants need to be "admitted" to the COM before EnMed (albeit this would kinda violate the whole 'standalone' thing), then we would have to wait for TAMU to make more decisions on acceptances. Currently, I've only heard of one round of TAMU A's and at least the people I personally know were all part of the University's E2M program, which meant they had to be accepted ASAP for their reserved spot.

Overall, it's still early in the cycle - it's frustrating and anxiety-ridden, but all we can do is wait. EnMed is my #1 program of interest and every day it's a rush to my inbox whenever I see an email. All we can hope for is that the delay of acceptances is for the right reasons of properly screening applications.

And most of this is guesswork based on things I've heard/read regarding the school, past patterns, and interviewing students.

Is TAMU med known for awarding merit aid? I have strong grades and a very good MCAT score, and I was wondering if they have historically given aid in the past.

When I spoke to the financial aid office, they said the COM offers no scholarship or aid outside of FAFSA. I need to follow up with the COM though, seems a little unusual.

Also -- does anyone remember from interviews whether the Integrated Clerkships is at the B/CS location only or all of their clerkship tracks?

• Wow
Nothing - which is odd and I'm not sure what to make of it because it's confusing on a few points:

1. TAMU/EnMed have always sent out acceptances on the first day of prematch
2. EnMed last year extended the application window - it was guessed that there may not have been enough applicants that matched the program mission
3. EnMed also did not fill last year's class (filling 49 spots out of 50)
4. EnMed is new - so any applicants that qualify for their program, likely will qualify at another medical school. If my assumption about that is correct, I'd also guess there's a good amount of applicants that will choose to go to an established MD school instead of a) 'gambling' on a new program and b) doing the work for a dual-degree. And if that is true, then it also is confusing why EnMed wouldn't send out A's earlier (i.e. to get to applicants before other schools do)
5. On interview day, and their website - they directly stated that acceptances would go out mid-October.

Overall, the only explanation(s) I've heard that could explain this are:

1. This is the first year EnMed is standalone as it's own college
2. Some sort of "Fauci effect" wherein there could be a massive influx of extremely qualified applicants from EnMed's increase in PR and outreach, and they could be having trouble picking their favorites.
3. Depending on how the mechanisms of acceptances work - TAMU COM overaccepted last year. If applicants need to be "admitted" to the COM before EnMed (albeit this would kinda violate the whole 'standalone' thing), then we would have to wait for TAMU to make more decisions on acceptances. Currently, I've only heard of one round of TAMU A's and at least the people I personally know were all part of the University's E2M program, which meant they had to be accepted ASAP for their reserved spot.

Overall, it's still early in the cycle - it's frustrating and anxiety-ridden, but all we can do is wait. EnMed is my #1 program of interest and every day it's a rush to my inbox whenever I see an email. All we can hope for is that the delay of acceptances is for the right reasons of properly screening applications.

And most of this is guesswork based on things I've heard/read regarding the school, past patterns, and interviewing students.
I need an EnMed-hopefuls support group to deal with the anxiety. Any news at all helps even if it's speculation

I need an EnMed-hopefuls support group to deal with the anxiety. Any news at all helps even if it's speculation
Like look y'all I don't want to sound too desperate but hit me with that A and I'll start withdrawing from other programs tomorrow...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When I spoke to the financial aid office, they said the COM offers no scholarship or aid outside of FAFSA. I need to follow up with the COM though, seems a little unusual.

Also -- does anyone remember from interviews whether the Integrated Clerkships is at the B/CS location only or all of their clerkship tracks?
Definitely let us know what the COM says about scholarships!

Also, yes, if I remember correctly, when I asked during my interview the dean said that the AIM program only exists at the BCS track and all 25 students there are automatically in it.

I just checked with admissions faculty and they said EnMed offers will go out Monday or Tuesday with more to follow regularly after that. They are just running a bit behind this cycle, likely due to the increased interest in EnMed and the decoupling.

Reactions: 5 users
I just checked with admissions faculty and they said EnMed offers will go out Monday or Tuesday with more to follow regularly after that. They are just running a bit behind this cycle, likely due to the increased interest in EnMed and the decoupling.
So with decoupling I wonder if EnMed offers still imply CStat acceptance

@wysdoc - Wonder if there should be an ENMED listing by itself next year.

Me refreshing my computer constantly today and Tuesday waiting for EnMed -
refresh-bigbang.gif

Also, one of the current M3's told me that his EnMed acceptance came in around 1pm on his day - so I don't know if we can expect the same this year because I know TAMU A's come in the early morning.

prematched EnMed!!! I'm feeling SO blessed right now having gotten into my dream school after being rejected from medical schools three years in a row. Do not give up no matter what!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
prematched EnMed!!! I'm feeling SO blessed right now having gotten into my dream school after being rejected from medical schools three years in a row. Do not give up no matter what!!
Congratulations! Did you by chance prematch into TAMU COM first? Or can you give insight on what you received in the email?

Prematched EnMed LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations! Did you by chance prematch into TAMU COM first? Or can you give insight on what you received in the email?
Of course! I didnt get any notification saying that I was prematched into TAMU COM beforehand. I just received an email this morning saying that I was offered a position to the EnMed program. The email itself isn't very insightful and doesn't give any details on how many people they plan on accepting.

Prematched EnMed LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a long shot, seriously I'm beyond excited. I did my LM score after hearing about it here and it was mediocre. Don't ever give up y'all

It was a long shot, seriously I'm beyond excited. I did my LM score after hearing about it here and it was mediocre. Don't ever give up y'all
Congrats !!! When exactly did you get the email ?

Congrats !!! When exactly did you get the email ?
10:39 am. It went to a different email address from the one I got my secondary and II. Must have listed an alternate email in my app somewhere

I know some of you on this page have had your interviews already -
I would love to know what you were told on the interview day about 3 things for this year:
1. What is the target class size for regular MD?
2. How many seats in the class are already filled by applicants from last year who were given deferred acceptance?
3. What are the current MS3-MS4 sites for rotations, besides College Station?

If you want to PM me instead of posting it here, please do. Thanks! Wysdoc
It took me a while to get the answers to these questions, but here are the answers I got by emailing the admissions office:
1. Target class size for regular MD 200. Target size for EnMed 50.
2. They evaded the question about how many seats are already filled by students who were deferred to the EY 2022 class, but did say "The number of deferred students does not affect our target class size."
3. MS3-MS4 rotation sites are Bryan College Station, Dallas, Houston(TMC for EnMed and Willowbrook for regular MD), and Round Rock campuses.

Have there been any non-enmed TAMU COM acceptances sent out since the 15th?

ENMED A around 11 am!!!! This is crazzyyy, congrats to the others!
OOS LM 72, interviewed early sept!

Dang. 3rd time interviewing early for the enmed program but still no A. Maybe it is time to move on to industry.

• Sad
August 30th. College station interview was that Thursday September 2nd
Holy cow - Okay I would love if the other people who got in today also weighed in. That date is either the first or second week of interviews ... meaning that if all of you were from that round, they could be going in order of time. But, if yall are from different ones, they would have ranked us all and just going by that.

Did they happen to say what "follow regularly" meant?

Holy cow - Okay I would love if the other people who got in today also weighed in. That date is either the first or second week of interviews ... meaning that if all of you were from that round, they could be going in order of time. But, if yall are from different ones, they would have ranked us all and just going by that.
Dr. Robbins mentioned it would be based on ranking not time but don't quote me on that

Dang. 3rd time interviewing early for the enmed program but still no A. Maybe it is time to move on to industry.
I'm leaving industry to come back to this if that makes a difference. Never give up on dreams

Dr. Robbins mentioned it would be based on ranking not time but don't quote me on that
No that would make a ton of sense (especially since they had more time to rank people), I just know that you're an early early interview because I was in the following week. So, the question I'd have is - are they ranking out of an interview pool (like taking top 4-5 from each week), or are they taking the top from the collective interviews so far? Kinda like playoff brackets or if they're comparing everyone to everyone if that makes any sense.

No that would make a ton of sense (especially since they had more time to rank people), I just know that you're an early early interview because I was in the following week. So, the question I'd have is - are they ranking out of an interview pool (like taking top 4-5 from each week), or are they taking the top from the collective interviews so far? Kinda like playoff brackets or if they're comparing everyone to everyone if that makes any sense.
So they assign points to different parts of your app and interview... So I've heard. Then all candidates are ranked based on total score. Top 50 get the A

Did they happen to say what "follow regularly" meant?
They did not say, my assumption is they will continuously evaluate the pool of applicants as it grows and decide to send out acceptances throughout the rest of the cycle.

it seems like TAMU was very intentional about how they assigned interviewers. does anyone else feel like it was tailored to them as an applicant?

it seems like TAMU was very intentional about how they assigned interviewers. does anyone else feel like it was tailored to them as an applicant?
They are. They tried to match my interviewer who has experience in my field of research.

Congratulations to everyone who got into EnMed.

1. Was anyone already admitted to A&M?

2. Did anyone interview for EnMed and got into A&M but not EnMed?

I'm OOS so it may be slightly different for Tx residents but:

1. No, I did not get anything from 10/15 until today, EnMed acceptance seemed to inherently imply TAMU COM acceptance

2. I think I may have answered this with #1, so for me the acceptance was one unit, not separate emails from EnMed and TAMU COM.

I had a deferred acceptance from the previous admissions cycle and asked to interview for EnMed this last summer.

I interviewed for EnMed in August, but I did not get an acceptance. I am bummed about it, but I am still grateful to be admitted to A&M and to have had the opportunity to interview with EnMed. It's such an awesome program.

Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptances!

I had a deferred acceptance from the previous admissions cycle and asked to interview for EnMed this last summer.

I interviewed for EnMed in August, but I did not get an acceptance. I am bummed about it, but I am still grateful to be admitted to A&M and to have had the opportunity to interview with EnMed. It's such an awesome program.

Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptances!
Did you get rejected or just not accepted yet?

I'm OOS so it may be slightly different for Tx residents but:

1. No, I did not get anything from 10/15 until today, EnMed acceptance seemed to inherently imply TAMU COM acceptance

2. I think I may have answered this with #1, so for me the acceptance was one unit, not separate emails from EnMed and TAMU COM.
I think they are admitting people to one or the other. I dont believe you can decline Enmed and choose to enroll in Tamu instead.

my questions are to validate the premise to see if it is possible for someone to have been admitted to both and have to decline one.

A second premise is that Enmed indicates to Tamu that they will admit someone and Tamu simply does not provide any input.