2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my A today. Interviewed mid-January. Crying happy tears right now. ❤️

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
I got my acceptance recently.. feels so surreal

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone placed on hold gotten an acceptance yet? Going to be out of the country soon, so hoping to hear back soonish. Interviewed 12/5 and placed on hold on 3/3.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone placed on hold gotten an acceptance yet? Going to be out of the country soon, so hoping to hear back soonish. Interviewed 12/5 and placed on hold on 3/3.
I don't think anyone on this channel reported getting pulled out of the hold pool yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Have any admitted students received a scholarship from OHSU that they didn’t have to apply for? It’s my understanding some scholarships are awarded directly to applicants based on their amcas and secondary app

Last edited:
Hold is really starting to feel like purgatory

Reactions: 2 users
When you see an OHSU email, but see it is only from the financial aid office... heart drop

If I interviewed in early January and have no update/hold status, should I assume "my interviewer has not met with the committee to discuss my application?"

That’s what everyone seems to be saying….
Thanks, anyone with insight on how many acceptances have gone out, how many are left to extend, and where the threshold currently stands, please chime in! April 30 seems like a year away!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A today + Swindell family scholarship. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time in Portland :).

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks, anyone with insight on how many acceptances have gone out, how many are left to extend, and where the threshold currently stands, please chime in! April 30 seems like a year away!
My best guess is that OHSU has sent out roughly 150 A's. Because AAMC rules say that by March 15, each MD program has to send out as many A's as the number of spots in the class. While that number is scary (especially if your interviewer has not been to committee yet ✌️), just remember that not all of the A's translate to matriculants.
Withdrew my A today + Swindell family scholarship. Best of luck everyone, I wish you all the best, and hope you enjoy your time in Portland :).
Wow you are my hero @jj22901

• Haha
Rockstar Lifestyle!!!

My best guess is that OHSU has sent out roughly 150 A's. Because AAMC rules say that by March 15, each MD program has to send out as many A's as the number of spots in the class. While that number is scary (especially if your interviewer has not been to committee yet ✌️), just remember that not all of the A's translate to matriculants.

Thank you for the insight, this makes sense.

Sad but still hopeful…. Is there WiFi and coffee in hold purgatory…(?)

• Haha
If you were to “endow” your A to me, why should I accept it and leave the hold purgatory?
500 word max limit.

I got an email today, OHSU has given out less than 140 acceptance offers.

I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.

I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.

Reactions: 4 users
I got the Acceptance around 6:30 PM ET!!!! I'm still in shock!!!

Reactions: 5 users

I know that seems like a lot, but it’s actually not and pretty good news for everyone on hold/not had their committee meet! Like said before they offer way more As than spots, and they haven’t even filled the 150 yet, PLUS the extra spots.

I remember last year someone who was already admitted told me they were at like 155 spots, and I thought it was over, but SOOO many people on SDN reported getting their acceptances AFTER that point.
Thank you! Appreciate this.

Yes on their website they say they give out 230 or more:

Applicant snapshot​

Total applications: 6,700+
  • 7% Oregonians
  • 93% out of state
  • Applicants interviewed: 570
  • Applicants accepted: 230+
  • Class size: Approx. 150

So there may be 90 or more A's that go out, just hoping to hear back soon

You’re a star!

I thought they had to send out as many As as there are seats by mid March..?

Serious congratulations to you and best wishes for your journey! Would it be alright if I messaged you about the Swindells Family Scholarship? I had a couple of questions about it. Thank you so much!

Hello all! If we have received an acceptance, when should we expect to hear back with financial aid information?

Anyone know how accepted students can join the facebook page for class of 2027?

Really hoping that once April comes around they’ll start taking people off hold. Looks like last year hold peeps got the A as early as April 5th. 🙏 🥲

Anyone know how accepted students can join the facebook page for class of 2027?
The admissions liaison (a current student) will send you an invite at some point in the coming weeks. We're on spring break, though, so they're not likely to do that this week. They send the invites in batches, so just hang tight for a bit.

Anyone know if they are receptive to updates/LOI? Interviewed in October, on hold since December.

Hello all! If we have received an acceptance, when should we expect to hear back with financial aid information?
Loan offers won't go out for at least another few weeks as the financial aid office has to wait until tuition for the coming year is finalized, which it has not been yet. Something you can do in the meantime though is fill out your FAFSA if you haven't already, as it will speed along the process later!

Anyone know if they are receptive to updates/LOI? Interviewed in October, on hold since December.
Not super receptive - they're very clear that any update won't change your status. You're given a score at your committee meeting and that score is final.

Not super receptive - they're very clear that any update won't change your status. You're given a score at your committee meeting and that score is final.
Figured it wouldn't change much if anything. Just noticed on the portal that they discuss and break ties when creating the alternate list. I was hoping to maybe push the needle, if possible, given I have some substantial updates.

Figured it wouldn't change much if anything. Just noticed on the portal that they discuss and break ties when creating the alternate list. I was hoping to maybe push the needle, if possible, given I have some substantial updates.
I have the same problem :/ got into a selective early program that starts late June and don't know if it's worth bugging OHSU about to have them make their decision faster. Still on hold

I have the same problem :/ got into a selective early program that starts late June and don't know if it's worth bugging OHSU about to have them make their decision faster. Still on hold
I think there’s a lot of you in the same boat. Last year I had an acceptance to a program starting in July and was stressed about it. I didn’t get a full acceptance until late may (alternate list). Unfortunately OHSU cannot and will not expedite your process because of that. As said before in this thread, once you have your interview all you can do is wait until the committee meets.

Reactions: 3 users
I think there’s a lot of you in the same boat. Last year I had an acceptance to a program starting in July and was stressed about it. I didn’t get a full acceptance until late may (alternate list). Unfortunately OHSU cannot and will not expedite your process because of that. As said before in this thread, once you have your interview all you can do is wait until the committee meets.
As we say in the military, embracing the suck now... Life in limbo. Thanks for this.

Anyone gotten their financial aid or a scholarship offer yet? Need that in order to make a decision, and was accepted months ago. Not sure if anyone else has heard back.

Hope you enjoy your time at your school! Any advice on getting the scholarship? I know it’s by invite only, so how did the scholarship interview go and what was the turnaround time?

Anyone else interview 4-5 months ago and not get a single update yet (not even a hold). I know they didn't actually forget about me but just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat.

Anyone else interview 4-5 months ago and not get a single update yet (not even a hold). I know they didn't actually forget about me but just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat.
Yeah :/ interviewed mid Dec and nothing. I go back and forth between sanity and complete and utter despair and I only worry if the despair is any more than 30 seconds 4x/day

Yeah :/ interviewed mid Dec and nothing. I go back and forth between sanity and complete and utter despair and I only worry if the despair is any more than 30 seconds 4x/day
you've checked the portal right? they dont really email half the time

Seems like this application year is going even slower than last year’s :(

Seems like this application year is going even slower than last year’s :(
I know. Getting into OHSU would help me make a final decision and I want to vomit from the stress of double tuition, 28 hr move, and July 1st start date that I might have to do. I just want to stay in Oregon and not commit OOS debt and isolation :(

I know. Getting into OHSU would help me make a final decision and I want to vomit from the stress of double tuition, 28 hr move, and July 1st start date that I might have to do. I just want to stay in Oregon and not commit OOS debt and isolation :(
Yeah, I know. I’m in a similar situation. It’s scary but I’m just telling myself everything happens for a reason 😅

• Care
Has anyone gotten a decision these past few weeks? I feel like its been really quiet. Might have to do with spring break and all the holidays.