2021-2022 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Back in October when I was sending update letters to other schools, I was told by TAMU admissions that letters were only accepted for those on the alternate list. On the day I was placed on the alternate list I asked them again if it was now appropriate to send a letter but I haven’t gotten a response. Does anyone know anything ab update letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Back in October when I was sending update letters to other schools, I was told by TAMU admissions that letters were only accepted for those on the alternate list. On the day I was placed on the alternate list I asked them again if it was now appropriate to send a letter but I haven’t gotten a response. Does anyone know anything ab update letters?
Hmmm I went ahead and sent them one and they replied with a thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks ! Oh gosh now I feel like I’m late lol … To where did u send the letter to? 😭😭
No omg I'm sure you're not late! I emailed it to the dean and admissions. However I actually sent a letter of interest and not an update letters, so idk if they are viewing updates differently

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No omg I'm sure you're not late! I emailed it to the dean and admissions. However I actually sent a LOI and not an update letters, so idk if they are viewing updates differently
Okay so you sent it to two places? Thanks !!

Does anyone know if TAMU accepts deferrals from accepted students? Any info at all would be appreciated!

Is A&M your matched school?

No, but I am on the alternate list! I love A&M, but I just recently discerned that I’ll need to defer a year for some family reasons. Whether I say yes to the alternate list kind of depends on the possibility of deferral…..The school I matched at does accept deferrals, but I’m not sure I went to go there over TAMU.

No, but I am on the alternate list! I love A&M, but I just recently discerned that I’ll need to defer a year for some family reasons. Whether I say yes to the alternate list kind of depends on the possibility of deferral…..The school I matched at does accept deferrals, but I’m not sure I went to go there over TAMU.
Deferrals could be granted for major reasons like serious illness, spouse or child needing long hospitalization requiring your care, etc.
There’s no point asking them about it unless you are offered an admission from the WL. Then you could tell them “you would love to accept but XYZPQRS and would the spot be available for me next year?”
They could say no in which case you defer with your match school.
Remember if offered a place from a WL you don’t have to accept it. Your choice.

Deferrals could be granted for major reasons like serious illness, spouse or child needing long hospitalization requiring your care, etc.
There’s no point asking them about it unless you are offered an admission from the WL. Then you could tell them “you would love to accept but XYZPQRS and would the spot be available for you next year?”
They could say no in which case you defer with your match school.
Remember if offered a place from a WL you don’t have to accept it. Your choice.

Wait, interesting. I thought getting in off the waitlist meant I had to forfeit my spot at the other school. I ranked TAMU first - would that impact the school I matched to?

Last edited:
Can someone let me know what is the admissions committees email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R today. Interviewed November, OOS. Confused because during the interview they kept saying things like "when you're here" and "we need people like you" but maybe it's just to be encouraging during the interview. Good luck to all the future Aggie docs out there!!

• Care
They just emailed me back saying they received my letter of intent and added it to my file. 👀

Has anyone not yet heard back from TAMU regarding their application status. Interviewed for EnMed in late November and haven't yet received a rejection or waitlist notification.

I just received an offer off the waitlist for the MD/PhD program. Interviewed in August and waitlisted in January

Reactions: 7 users
If you don't mind me asking, how did they contact you? By phone or email?

Are there any accepted ENMED students here that I could reach out to? I am trying to decide if I should apply to the program and if it could be a good fit for me.

Just got off the waitlist !!!!!! Who has the link to the group for the class?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got off the waitlist as of June 6 (4:47p CST)!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
My portal updated today to read:

"The Texas A&M University College of Medicine has concluded its interview season and completed its review of applicants for the Entering Year 2022 Class. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place at our institution or on our wait-list this year. However, we encourage you to reapply to our medical program again for the upcoming 2023 cycle if you do not receive another acceptance. Unfortunately we are not offering file reviews this cycle but we will be sending out more information on our Virtual Re-Applicant Workshops shortly.

On behalf of the faculty and staff of our College of Medicine, we appreciate your interest in our school and wish you well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at (979) 436-0237 or [email protected]."

when previously all it stated was "Under Review"

was previously on the WL but I guess now I've been removed? haven't gotten an official email but just thought I would let y'all know

Last edited:
  • Sad
My portal updated today to read:

"The Texas A&M University College of Medicine has concluded its interview season and completed its review of applicants for the Entering Year 2022 Class. I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place at our institution or on our wait-list this year. However, we encourage you to reapply to our medical program again for the upcoming 2023 cycle if you do not receive another acceptance. Unfortunately we are not offering file reviews this cycle but we will be sending out more information on our Virtual Re-Applicant Workshops shortly.

On behalf of the faculty and staff of our College of Medicine, we appreciate your interest in our school and wish you well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at (979) 436-0237 or [email protected]."

when previously all it stated was "Under Review"

was previously on the WL but I guess now I've been removed? haven't gotten an official email but just thought I would let y'all know
sorry to hear it

How much does this school care about CASPER?