2017-2018 Texas A&M Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Starting to seem like we’re getting a repeat of last year where A&M doesn’t pull anyone off the WL

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Starting to seem like we’re getting a repeat of last year where A&M doesn’t pull anyone off the WL

Current student messaged me today that someone recently got in off the waitlist. They posted on the class of 2022 page. Hopefully some of the SDN users see some love soon.

Hey Everyone! Someone just got off the waitlist and joined the fb page today. Hope that helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Current student messaged me today that someone recently got in off the waitlist. They posted on the class of 2022 page. Hopefully some of the SDN users see some love soon.
Just saw your comment! Seconded!

Does anyone know the approximate class size will be this year? i know that last year the proposed class size was 150 due to budget problems but was later increased to 171 after funding was secured. Will this year's class stay at ~170 or go down to 150?
class size 170 for this year according to what applicants were told on interview days
edited to add that the MSAR says 150. Don't know which is the real number !

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I’m an incoming M1 and I thought it was supposed to be 150...?

I’m an incoming M1 and I thought it was supposed to be 150...?
Just looked at the current MSAR and it does say estimated size of incoming class 150. I am not sure why the mixed signals are being sent because early interviewees were told 170. Keep us updated, those of you in the incoming MS1 class :chicken::cow:

Just looked at the current MSAR and it does say estimated size of incoming class 150. I am not sure why the mixed signals are being sent because early interviewees were told 170. Keep us updated, those of you in the incoming MS1 class :chicken::cow:
When I interviewed I was told 150. Also an incoming M1!

Currently on the alternate list. I interviewed in early August and we were told 170. Must have changed after, maybe...

New post just to say I just sent my email to withdraw my application from further consideration at A&M, giving up my spot on the alternate list. Sticking with my Dell acceptance. Good luck y'all!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Currently on the alternate list. I interviewed in early August and we were told 170. Must have changed after, maybe...

Interview date for me was August 10th... also in a similar but opposite situation as you in that I’ll be withdrawing from the Dell waitlist lol

Interview date for me was August 10th... also in a similar but opposite situation as you in that I’ll be withdrawing from the Dell waitlist lol

To bring it full circle, I am currently waiting and hoping to get off of one of those two alternate lists.

Reactions: 2 users
To bring it full circle, I am currently waiting and hoping to get off of one of those two alternate lists.

Nice! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who is also on two waiting lists with no acceptances, i hope we get to hear back soon. Maybe we'll have more luck after June 1st ;)

Last year a good number came off on May 23 , best of luck

Reactions: 2 users
Last year a good number came off on May 23 , best of luck

I’ve read from multiple people on this site that there weren’t any WL acceptances last year due to overaccepting and the reduced class size. Last years thread looks like it confirms that but I guess it’s possible that every single WL offer was to a non-SDN user.

I’ve read from multiple people on this site that there weren’t any WL acceptances last year due to overaccepting and the reduced class size. Last years thread looks like it confirms that but I guess it’s possible that every single WL offer was to a non-SDN user.

Check out last years thread on the day May 23, 2017. There are a few posts about people getting WL offers. Hopefully we see some offers as well!

Check out last years thread on the day May 23, 2017. There are a few posts about people getting WL offers. Hopefully we see some offers as well!

I see what you're referring to now. Looks like that was when they received the go-ahead to bump up the class size so they had to fill those spots.

Talked to a current MS1 today and was told that class size was being reduced to 120. He believes that it is being applied to the incoming class but it may be for the following year. So that might explain the minimal waitlist action. Hoping that we hear something soon

Talked to a current MS1 today and was told that class size was being reduced to 120. He believes that it is being applied to the incoming class but it may be for the following year. So that might explain the minimal waitlist action. Hoping that we hear something soon

Interesting. They told us at our interview it was going to be 150.

Same here, maybe if we are lucky they've only taken 120 and will switch back to 150 last second to accept us

I just reviewed my notes for this application cycle with respect to A&M.
During the month of May I see only 2 announcements of an acceptance from the WL. (5/5, 5/7)
After that, I see 3 people who said they gave up their A&M seat for another Texas school. (5/10, 5/10, and 5/25).

Remember, these are just the SDN members who share their news, but I would have thought there would be more WL offers to replace the ones who dropped their places.

I don't know the reason but maybe A&M will put out some info by the end of the cycle.

Last edited:

Hmmm. They told my interview day (early August) 170.
Will be interesting to see how this cycle shakes out.

Also heard that the class size will be smaller this year (not sure by how much though)

Gave up my acceptance here promptly on June 31 after another offer - hope someone else got it since it was the last day!!

Gave up my acceptance here promptly on June 31 after another offer - hope someone else got it since it was the last day!!
please share your new school - no need to be secret at this point! :soexcited:
edited to add - instead of this thread, please PM me or share it on the "Republic of Texas" general thread. And congrats!

Last edited:
I heard one WL offer yesterday.

I received an acceptance offer on 6/5. Getting off the Alternate List was such a pleasant feeling, and I am looking forward to meeting my Class of 2022 classmates.

Thank you all for sharing information. I finally get to contribute.

I received an acceptance offer on 6/5. Getting off the Alternate List was such a pleasant feeling, and I am looking forward to meeting my Class of 2022 classmates.

Thank you all for sharing information. I finally get to contribute.

Congrats on your acceptance! May I ask how they contacted you and around what time?

Congrats on your acceptance! May I ask how they contacted you and around what time?

Thank you! I received a phone call and an e-mail.
I got the phone call around 2:30 pm. The e-mail was sent to me around 3 pm.

Last edited:
Don't get why they'd wait to fill spots that have been open for a while until after the 6/1 deadline...

Here's the class photo of the incoming TAMUHSC class of 2022! Have a great year, y'all
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 9.23.03 AM.png