2016-2017 University of Texas at Austin (Dell) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes. I took MCAT 7/22. And I was waiting on grades from my masters program. It took me 2 weeks to get verified. My transcripts I mailed myself and we're all there on 7/12 minus my grad school. And my LORS were all done through interfolio.

I'm not worried about submitting "late" or "early" if God has this for me. It's for me and it can't miss me. So I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. I know I'm a different thinker. Lol. To each their own I suppose.

But my GPA isn't good. I have 3 degrees and 287 credits and a lot of my grades are averaged from retakes so its pretty weighted. Just looking for a holistic review of my app.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

3 degrees??! Wow that's awesome! And if your masters was a SMP some TX schools look at that over ugpa.
I'm religious as well, and I keep telling myself to stop worrying and give it up to God. Sometimes it's hard, because when we think nothing is going our way, it's actually going perfectly according to His plan:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
3 degrees??! Wow that's awesome! And if your masters was a SMP some TX schools look at that over ugpa.
I'm religious as well, and I keep telling myself to stop worrying and give it up to God. Sometimes it's hard, because when we think nothing is going our way, it's actually going perfectly according to His plan:)

Yeah it's at a medical (DO) school. I'm just focusing on doing my part, and leaving the rest to God! We have to learn to rest and be still....

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! I'll be frantically checking my e mail today lol

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you! Submitted TMDSAS 7/11/16. Verified and transmitted 8/1/16. So it took about 6 weeks

LizzyM ~71. Slight nontraditional (just graduated undergrad). Very heavy on research

Congrats!! Hope September brings more good news for everyone!

And I have mine pre written ready to go and nothing LOL! Took me 6 hours smh

lolol

tbh, 6 hours is an amazing turnaround time for this secondary. I can guarantee you this secondary of mine probably won't be solid till about 2 weeks from now. Writing for me has always been such a slow process. I get up 1000 times to do random stuff and sentences just come to me while i'll be eating or swimming or something. so props to you for doing it

wanna help me out ayyyyy lmao.

Members don't see this ad :)
@TexasSurgeon - alright TexasSurgeon, let's go do this. Also working/aiming to submit Dell secondary ...

It seems like it is not that important to connect the answers to "why this would make a good med student/future med professional etc" -- am I right? Just answer the prompt , highlighting your abilities..

It seems like it is not that important to connect the answers to "why this would make a good med student/future med professional etc" -- am I right? Just answer the prompt , highlighting your abilities..
that's the route I took!

Yes honestly thats the way I'm going go about it to.

Last edited:
submitted? :)
Yeah, I pre-wrote it in July, so I submitted it as soon as I got home. I think that two weeks is reasonable time to turn it around though. I spent a lot of time editing mine. I think that quality of the secondary will be more important than the turn-around time. Good luck to us all!!!

Last edited:
Lets make it happen :)

Last edited:
Just got that email from dell about diversity. About died, I know they won't say anything until November 15th at the soonest, but still.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

This is the only school to not invite me for a secondary.. LizzyM ~67 Primary submitted 6/29
I wonder if they screen for something. My CARS is a tad low. Maybe Austin is too fancy for a guy from Houston. :pirate:

This is the only school to not invite me for a secondary.. LizzyM ~67 Primary submitted 6/29
I wonder if they screen for something. My CARS is a tad low. Maybe Austin is too fancy for a guy from Houston. :pirate:
Yaaaa I was surprised to get a secondary from UCSF and not Dell

Reactions: 2 users

UCSF is amazing!! Though they have high stats, they truly do a holistic view of the application. And they advocate like crazy for their med students.

Same. I can't believe I got a secondary from UCSF OOS (and a Mayo LOR request!) but silence from here... I really would love to know Dell's logic for secondaries

Same. I can't believe I got a secondary from UCSF OOS (and a Mayo LOR request!) but silence from here... I really would love to know Dell's logic for secondaries

You shouldn't be surprised! Don't you have a LizzyM of like 1000? ;)

Is the last day to get a secondary Sept 30? Or is it the end of Oct?
Primary applications and all supporting documents must be in by September 30. Those schools that send out secondaries after screening your initial app may still send you a secondary after that.

I think it's weird that I got an II here pretty early but haven't really gotten much love from the other texas schools as an in state person. It's freaking me out a little to be quite honest

Well that was an anti climatic Monday, here's to Friday!!!

I think it's weird that I got an II here pretty early but haven't really gotten much love from the other texas schools as an in state person. It's freaking me out a little to be quite honest
I feel the same! It's hard to hear, but it is still early in the process.

I feel the same! It's hard to hear, but it is still early in the process.

:( :( ugh it just sucks seeing interviews already scheduled into november, december etc. I'm just hoping that I look back on this in a couple months and think "wow I was so lame for freaking out"

:( :( ugh it just sucks seeing interviews already scheduled into november, december etc. I'm just hoping that I look back on this in a couple months and think "wow I was so lame for freaking out"
It's especially hard since Dell has such a small class but I'm still really hopeful! We'll be fine :D