2022-2023 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see more and more cat profile pics on here by the day @CaptNemo. Success follows when you join the cat pfp club. Congrats!!
So many cats on SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now!!! IM SO EXCITED. This has been a dream of mine :’) Same dates offered at CaptNemo

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Received secondary 11/10 and took about 3 weeks to submit it. I thought I would never get an interview here. LizzyM is 74.1 and I submitted my primary 6/2. feeling super grateful!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
hey all... got my secondary from dell on 11/29 and took a little over than a week to submit. huge congrats to all who are getting IIs!!! i know there are only 2 interview dates left, do y'all think there will be another wave of II's sent soon? I'm so worried I bungled the video application because i was nervous

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
hey all... got my secondary from dell on 11/29 and took a little over than a week to submit. huge congrats to all who are getting IIs!!! i know there are only 2 interview dates left, do y'all think there will be another wave of II's sent soon? I'm so worried I bungled the video application because i was nervous
Don't worry, as I said, it's just my headcanon that they are wrapping up because it seemed that past II's had two months of choice open to them - but they may still have some days open in February for future IIs. Also I thought I bungled my secondary pretty badly but still got an II, so just look on the bright side and I'm sure everything will work out!

Received an IS II this morning via a phone call! Secondary submitted 11/11/22. Both interview dates were still available, so it's possible there are more invites to come!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Fingers crossed for more prematch news coming next month <3

Does anyone know if Dell accepts updates : Strong Publications and clinicals (good updates). Could not find my answer online.

For schools such as Dell that do not accept/take into consideration update letters/letters of interest, do applicants just have to wait until (if) they receive a secondary or II? Will need some clarity on this if possible
How do you know. Is there something mentioned online. Even after interview they wont accept?

How do you know. Is there something mentioned online. Even after interview they wont accept?
The policy used to be they dont accept updates after an interview. Not sure if it changed any.

Prematched!!!! So excited! interviewed 11/17

Last edited:
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II here! OOS, received and submitted my secondary at the end of October.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II call. Scheduling for 1/24 or 2/7. Completed secondary 10 minutes before the deadline after recieving it early Sept.

RIP my ochem lab attendance grade

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview call. 🥲

Well, it looks like I got a call today, but unfortunately I was nowhere near my phone during business hours. Is it safe to assume it's for an interview?
I got the II call in-flight and saw after landing that they sent me an email afterwards telling me to call back if I was still interested in interviewing. Probably they will try calling again or send the email tomorrow if it was for an interview - otherwise you can probably call back and ask why they called.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm beyond interested of course, but did not get any email from them :( they left a voicemail but didn't say anything about an interview. I hope that's why they called! I'm just gonna try calling them back first thing tomorrow AM
Yeah they also sent me a voicemail too - IIRC it didn't mention interviews, just to call them back (same as the email)

Yeah they also sent me a voicemail too - IIRC it didn't mention interviews, just to call them back (same as the email)
They wouldn't call unless it is about an interview.

Congratulations on the Baylor full tuition. You are going to decline the interview right?

They wouldn't call unless it is about an interview.

Congratulations on the Baylor full tuition. You are going to decline the interview right?
My Dell interview was last week lol, the II was in December. Also thanks!

Received a scholarship offer earlier today!!! Beyond thrilled :)

• Love
I also got a scholarship yesterday, so grateful! 50% tuition/fees.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
There's still hope for everyone! Good luck to those who just got II's!!

• Care
Just saw you have a scholarship from Baylor as well
That’s impressive
Congrats !!

just got a call for an II :) so happy, yall! i really thought it was too late

secondary complete 11/29, LizzyM 75.5

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got a call for II at 2pm today! So happy! Scheduled for 2/7/2023!

• Love
All schools must ensure the interviewees are able to rank the school in TMDSAS. It will show up before 17th

Hate to hear that, the rank deadline is less than a month from my interview date so hopefully they'll take care of it soon. Otherwise I might send an email.
yeah it'll definitely appear before ranking deadline, I wouldn't worry

Does Dell give out most of their merit scholarships after match? Got a prematch a while back and was hoping to get awarded something

Does Dell give out most of their merit scholarships after match? Got a prematch a while back and was hoping to get awarded something
I received mine about ~3 months after prematching, but am unsure if they will provide any others post-match!

Are you planning to rank them 1?

Are you planning to rank them 1?
Still undecided to be honest. I’m still also seriously considering putting BCM or SW as first, which I’ve also prematched to. I know I don’t have much time left to decide, but nonetheless I’m constantly vacillating back and forth aha

Texan Dell interviewee friends who interviewed on 1/24/23—check your TMDSAS portal to input rank for DMS. (They just appeared on my rank list page).

Still undecided to be honest. I’m still also seriously considering putting BCM or SW as first, which I’ve also prematched to. I know I don’t have much time left to decide, but nonetheless I’m constantly vacillating back and forth aha
Since @xakrinf received one already and the schools try to give scholarships to get targeted students to rank them number 1 during match, it would be hard to play this game at this point, i.e., will they give me a scholarship after match or not. It is best to rank the school that you want to attend as number 1 as opposed to pick one based on who might give a scholarship at this point.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Since @xakrinf received one already and the schools try to give scholarships to get targeted students to rank them number 1 during match, it would be hard to play this game at this point, i.e., will they give me a scholarship after match or not. It is best to rank the school that you want to attend as number 1 as opposed to pick one based on who might give a scholarship at this point.
Absolutely!

Thanks for that advice. I was definitely thinking along those lines. It’s just that it’s really difficult for me to choose right now since I really like all of the schools for their own reasons, so any scholarship would’ve been a nice plus to a school.

Thanks for that advice. I was definitely thinking along those lines. It’s just that it’s really difficult for me to choose right now since I really like all of the schools for their own reasons, so any scholarship would’ve been a nice plus to a school.
Texas residents are fortunate to have the tuition numbers run at 80-100k vs most states having 150-200k for instate. Texas doctors have an added advantage of restricted malpractice lawsuit charges keeping their insurance premiums much lower than most states. So loan payoffs should be faster.

This makes sense. Ranking based on what speciality you want (is med school known for that) and rotation option, school ranking and other criteria imp to you. Few are fortunate to have options. This is what someone told me.

Hey all. Can anyone chime in on improvements Dell has made in the last few years? From previous posts, it seems like a common critique of Dell was lackluster clinical rotation sites in comparison to other TMDSAS schools. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Dell, and I could tell that the faculty is innovative and working to improve all aspects of the school rapidly. That being said, Dell doesn’t have a home program for ENT (which could be changing in the next 3-4 years), and I haven’t seen anyone match that specialty on match lists. Is this concerning if I really like this specialty? I’m under the assumption that the distinction in research option 3rd year will allow one to become prolific in research, which is an increasingly crucial component of matching this specialty. I’d appreciate any insight into this as it’s weighing heavily on my rank decision.

Hey all. Can anyone chime in on improvements Dell has made in the last few years? From previous posts, it seems like a common critique of Dell was lackluster clinical rotation sites in comparison to other TMDSAS schools. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Dell, and I could tell that the faculty is innovative and working to improve all aspects of the school rapidly. That being said, Dell doesn’t have a home program for ENT (which could be changing in the next 3-4 years), and I haven’t seen anyone match that specialty on match lists. Is this concerning if I really like this specialty? I’m under the assumption that the distinction in research option 3rd year will allow one to become prolific in research, which is an increasingly crucial component of matching this specialty. I’d appreciate any insight into this as it’s weighing heavily on my rank decision.
Who knows if anyone even tried to match in ENT? If this is your goal, the school will help you find rotations & mentors, I’m sure.

Who knows if anyone even tried to match in ENT? If this is your goal, the school will help you find rotations & mentors, I’m sure.

This is something I’m wondering as well. Given the small class size, I’m wondering if anyone even applied.

ENT is not a standard rotation. So in theory most students have to figure out how to get mentors or rotations on their own whether in school or outside.