2016-2017 University of Texas at Austin (Dell) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean I knew that, I just assumed they meant something else by heavily screened. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh, sorry I misunderstood, don't know what that means then!

Members don't see this ad.

Again for those who have interviewed: Were you allowed to take notes/material in to the traditional interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Again for those who have interviewed: Were you allowed to take notes/material in to the traditional interviews?
Why would you take notes into a traditional interview...? I mean I guess you could, it didn't seem like we couldn't.

*And/or the MMI interviews as well?
They give you a notepad for the MMI's. I don't think you're allowed to bring your own materials, but you can write on that notepad.

Why would you take notes into a traditional interview...? I mean I guess you could, it didn't seem like we couldn't.

They give you a notepad for the MMI's. I don't think you're allowed to bring your own materials, but you can write on that notepad.

I wanted to know if I could write down the answers to the questions I have prepared for the interviewers (if I have time to ask any). Thanks for your answers!

Received a phone call from Dell on Friday! I missed it, called back, left a message. No reply yet, will be calling everyday from here on out. Very excited.

II!!! They call you so answer your phone (lol I missed it and it took like 8 calls to get them back on the phone). I'm so excited :soexcited:
Hello, Just wondering how many days it took for you to get a reply or answer after receiving an initial phone call?

Any more secondaries sent out recently? UT Dell is the only school I have not received a secondary from, so it was kind of a bummer.

Reactions: 1 users
Ditto, been complete for a month, haven't seen much movement lately though

Any more secondaries sent out recently? UT Dell is the only school I have not received a secondary from, so it was kind of a bummer.
Don't stress yourself out! Our admissions team doesn't necessarily review applications in the order that they are received. At the end of the day - everyone gets reviewed multiple times to ensure that nobody gets passed over. I was complete in August - got my secondary in mid-October - and got an interview in Early January. One of my classmates was complete toward the end of September, immediately got a secondary and interviewed in early December. There isn't any real time table - so be patient!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto, been complete for a month, haven't seen much movement lately though

Exact same. I have a feeling that I maybe didn't meet their mission, since they seem more innovative and researched based? I have the secondary all pre-written so I'm still hoping :p When is the last day they send out secondaries?

Damn, I didn't realize until just now that you can read about some of the accepted students. Just dammmmnnnnn

The more I read about this school the more it confirms it as my numero uno, they have a cactus roof on one I their buildings y'all! Gimmeee a secondary!!! :)

Does anyone know if the previous timeframe for interviews will mimic last years. I do know they are combining the sessions, so it'll be a full day. So, would that mean more people per day? Or more interview dates?

DMS posted on their website and in their newsletter a little bio about 8 students. It was like an interview. Not what you guys are thinking

I called and they said they're still reviewing tons of apps and will send more secondaries. So that's a bit reassuring, but I don't know. At this point I'm so burned out on secondaries I don't know how keen I will be to write more, especially this monster... Really wish this school's timeline was quicker! Still would love to get a secondary though

Reactions: 2 users
I called and they said they're still reviewing tons of apps and will send more secondaries. So that's a bit reassuring, but I don't know. At this point I'm so burned out on secondaries I don't know how keen I will be to write more, especially this monster... Really wish this school's timeline was quicker! Still would love to get a secondary though

When's the last day for secondaries to go out?

When's the last day for secondaries to go out?

They didn't say, but their website says the "secondary application priority deadline" (whatever that means?) is November 15. From last year's thread, people got secondaries literally the day before that deadline (which seems like it was October 15 last year) and then got extensions... So honestly no idea on the timeline.

Yeah I prewrote Dell's a while ago. Just waiting and praying...

When invited, whats the link for their secondary application?

Hmmmm.. 88% MCAT average. That's not that high, really, compared to the heavy hitters in the top 20. Seems like very heavy on the University of Texas grads as well. But then, all Texas schools are like that.

Does anybody have interviews for September? Do you think they'll have a January interview date like last time?

Does anybody have interviews for September? Do you think they'll have a January interview date like last time?

MS1 here, there is currently 1 interview scheduled in January. Also, just to reiterate, they go through all the apps every time apps are reviewed. I have classmates who submitted way early, but didn't get secondaries until right before the deadline (September 30) and still go interviews and were accepted. So don't worry if you haven't received a secondary yet, it's absolutely still possible.

MS1 here, there is currently 1 interview scheduled in January. Also, just to reiterate, they go through all the apps every time apps are reviewed. I have classmates who submitted way early, but didn't get secondaries until right before the deadline (September 30) and still go interviews and were accepted. So don't worry if you haven't received a secondary yet, it's absolutely still possible.

Oh I'm not worried just yet. I actually just applied. I was just curious about the timeline and how often the committee meets. Thanks for your reply!!!

Do you (or any other current student) have an academic calendar image or link? That has specific dates as opposed to the curriculum image on the website?

Just got the dell secondary .
TMDSAS completed on FRIDAY 9/9 lol...
how many invites have gone out by now approximately? :OOOO

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. But I submitted my app late. 8/23. And my last transcript didn't get posted until 9/9. So I guess I'm just now "complete"