2022-2023 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Baylor and Dell usually pre match rather late dont they?
Dell has issued prematches in October in the past. Since they are so few as a pool, unless people report in SDN, we wouldn't know. Since not a single person has mentioned receiving or someone claiming to know others who received, we have to assume no prematches have been issued.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks - for the multiple video interviews, are they done live with someone you talk to (like an MMI), or is it like Casper where you watch a video and then respond to some questions using their online system?

Hey folks - for the multiple video interviews, are they done live with someone you talk to (like an MMI), or is it like Casper where you watch a video and then respond to some questions using their online system?
Like Casper!

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh. Interviewed here today... thought I had my rank list set, but now everything is jumbled up again :rofl: Why do all these schools have to seem so cool and inviting?!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Ugh. Interviewed here today... thought I had my rank list set, but now everything is jumbled up again :rofl: Why do all these schools have to seem so cool and inviting?!
How was the interview? and do you have any tips? I interview here pretty soon.

How was the interview? and do you have any tips? I interview here pretty soon.
It was awesome!! I was so nervous going in because it is a long day (1:1 interview, group interview, MMI) but they really make you feel comfortable throughout. It's an early one (starts at 7:45, goes to 3pm) so my biggest tip is to get good sleep and good coffee/tea/meditation/whatever your wakeup item of choice is. The interviews are very conversational so it really is okay to relax! You got this!!

EDIT: I also realized that I'm pretty identifiable (I specifically mentioned that I'm a mental health therapist during our intros) so.... if any fellow 10/20 interviewees recognize me, hi :rofl:

Last edited:
The good news is you have until march to finalize your list. That's plenty of time to change your mind 500 times over, which I've managed to do already in 3 days.

• Haha
It was awesome!! I was so nervous going in because it is a long day (1:1 interview, group interview, MMI) but they really make you feel comfortable throughout. It's an early one (starts at 7:45, goes to 3pm) so my biggest tip is to get good sleep and good coffee/tea/meditation/whatever your wakeup item of choice is. The interviews are very conversational so it really is okay to relax! You got this!!
Wow 1:1, group interview, and an MMI? That sounds like a lot lol.

Wow 1:1, group interview, and an MMI? That sounds like a lot lol.
Thankfully they do have break times built into the schedule. and thankfully it's like, short 20 min breaks, not the awkward 2 hours breaks that some schools have where you're just waiting for your next interview or panel.

Reactions: 1 user
Thankfully they do have break times built into the schedule. and thankfully it's like, short 20 min breaks, not the awkward 2 hours breaks that some schools have where you're just waiting for your next interview or panel.
Okay, thank you so much!!

Any secondaries sent lately? I'm losing hope hahahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
Any secondaries sent lately? I'm losing hope hahahaha
Rumor has it that dell never stops sending secondary invites. I'm just kidding but I actually spoke with a student who received their secondary in mid-December and is now an MS2. Hang tight.

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone else not seeing Dell in their ranking preferences on TMDSAS? I interviewed back on 9/15 and still nothing . All my other Texas schools after that are showing

Is anyone else not seeing Dell in their ranking preferences on TMDSAS? I interviewed back on 9/15 and still nothing . All my other Texas schools after that are showing
Mine is not showing either. I interviewed on 10/22 though so it's still early.

interviewed end of july and it only showed up earlier this month, so i think the delay is normal for Dell.

• Wow
Just got a prematch offer via email!!!!! So excited for this one :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OMG!! Prematch as well. I am still looking at it, thinking it's not real. So excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Good list of prematches. What are you leaning towards?
Thanks!!! Feeling good. Torn between Dell (really love the freedom and flexibility of the 3rd year and the possibility of getting a masters alongside the MD in 4 years) and McGovern (from Houston, really love research)!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to the prematches today!! Do y'all mind letting us know when you interviewed?

• Care
Oh wow! That definitely gives me hope :) Thank you and congrats again!

• Care
I interviewed in early Sept; congrats to everyone who was accepted today.

Reactions: 2 users
any phone call/ missed call? surprised to see them go straight to email! and congrats!!
New dean may mean new customs, maybe they aren't calling with offers the way they did before.
They just called this afternoon as a follow-up to ask if there any questions about the process going forward! So, the call is not completely gone, but a shift nonetheless.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to the first round of pre-matchers!! It begins!!

If Dell did not send a secondary yet, is it safe to say they won't send one this cycle anymore? How quickly did people get secondaries?

If Dell did not send a secondary yet, is it safe to say they won't send one this cycle anymore? How quickly did people get secondaries?
Dell is one of the Texas schools that doesn't send out secondaries to everyone. They take their time looking over your primary app in detail.
I browsed though last year's thread and a few got the message to submit a secondary in December & 1 in January 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3 users
Does Dell offer much in merit based aid?
from the in person event today: $2800-3200 grant per year for need based. as for scholarships, generally 20-100% tuition is what is offered. However, it was mentioned that they are not strictly merit based scholarships, need may play a role.

Glad the prematches came! I had heard through the grapevine they’d be sent out last week, but it wasn’t my information to share. Congrats to those who got in!

Not to give any false hope, but I have classmates who have gotten IIs in December for a date in January! We also have multiple waitlist acceptances in my class.

Another advertisement for Dell – it’s really cool being a part of UT Austin in general. I go to as many games as I can and sometimes end up on main campus for a school-wide event. We have access to every UT facility – which is kind of unique compared to other Texas medical schools – such as courts, gyms, restaurants, events, and UT networking. This intertwined relationship with main campus also shines in our ability to obtain graduate degrees from UT in our third year which has been a talking point for residency programs according to upperclassmen.

Austin feels very young and is a fun place to be with all the parks, bars, and rivers/lakes. 6th is fun, and my class parties after every exam. We’ve gone to ACL and Lake Travis on barges and boats.

FWIW the food scene here is overrated if you’re coming from Dallas or Houston, but no Austin native will admit that. The Asian food scene – Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese – is especially lacking.

New dean may mean new customs, maybe they aren't calling with offers the way they did before.
New dean isn’t starting until December. Calls should go out! I got my call after my email.

I prematched on Friday! Very grateful for the call and the admissions department was incredibly open to answer questions, even set me up with a student to talk to.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I prematched on Friday! Very grateful for the call and the admissions department was incredibly open to answer questions, even set me up with a student to talk to.
Congratulations. Are you IS or OOS?

Congrats! When did you interview? :)