2022-2023 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all. Can anyone chime in on improvements Dell has made in the last few years? From previous posts, it seems like a common critique of Dell was lackluster clinical rotation sites in comparison to other TMDSAS schools. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Dell, and I could tell that the faculty is innovative and working to improve all aspects of the school rapidly. That being said, Dell doesn’t have a home program for ENT (which could be changing in the next 3-4 years), and I haven’t seen anyone match that specialty on match lists. Is this concerning if I really like this specialty? I’m under the assumption that the distinction in research option 3rd year will allow one to become prolific in research, which is an increasingly crucial component of matching this specialty. I’d appreciate any insight into this as it’s weighing heavily on my rank decision.
Some schools might have limited clinical rotation options. I think it is important to do some research and you also want some seniors who could be your mentors in your choice of speciality.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s nice if your medical school has good and multiple options for clinical rotations (of your interest) and some seniors who had already done similar rotations. This helps build good relationships and connections/networking.

I guess I'll be the first to say, I matched to Dell this morning!!! Let's go Longhorn nation!!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So excited to have matched to Dell :) I loved going on the FB page and seeing some people from my group on interview day~ Hope I can meet some of you at the Preview Weekend!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulation to those who matched !!!
Just wondering if anyone got a WL or alternate pool email or how do you even find out if there is one. New to this and wanted to understand how this works

Reactions: 1 user
I am terrified of that one line, but gotta have it at least once!!
It’s truly an experience! The line is a part of it! Some friends and I used to make trip out of it in high school. Rise early, drive from Houston, get a decent spot in line, and spend the day playing card games, talking sports, and cracking jokes. The wait and driving each other crazy only made the food (and the nap during the ride home) that much better!

Members don't see this ad :)
Breaking out of my lurking to say I matched to Dell this morning!! Super excited to meet y’all!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
It’s truly an experience! The line is a part of it! Some friends and I used to make trip out of it in high school. Rise early, drive from Houston, get a decent spot in line, and spend the day playing card games, talking sports, and cracking jokes. The wait and driving each other crazy only made the food (and the nap during the ride home) that much better!
Maybe some of my classmates will be down to participate in the day-long affair lol. I'm definitely down and have always wanted to go, but I wasn't driving up from Houston to wait in line to eat food haha! Since I'll be there, heck yeah I wanna do it haha!

• Love
Congratulation to those who matched !!!
Just wondering if anyone got a WL or alternate pool email or how do you even find out if there is one. New to this and wanted to understand how this works
I came here to ask the same question. The portal said schools would reach out individually to let you know if you're on the WL but I didn't match and haven't gotten anything from the schools either :/

I came here to ask the same question. The portal said schools would reach out individually to let you know if you're on the WL but I didn't match and haven't gotten anything from the schools either :/
has anyone got a WL or alternate pool email ?

Does anybody who was accepted last year from WL have any info on this? I've seen conflicting things. In the 2020 thread, there were WL emails sent out, but in the previous year, nobody mentioned anything like everyone was put on it.

Does anybody who was accepted last year from WL have any info on this? I've seen conflicting things. In the 2020 thread, there were WL emails sent out, but in the previous year, nobody mentioned anything like everyone was put on it.
Anything ?

I got an IS WL email, even though I ranked Dell below a place where I was already prematched???

Do you have to accept WL or email anyone ?
Or just wait
I recommend always replying to important emails like this from a medical school.
Your reply can be brief but it's good to acknowledge that you got it, and to say whether or not you would like to be on the WL.

Do you have to accept WL or email anyone ?
Or just wait
@Max2022 I see you asking this question on several threads. I didn't realize you had matched somewhere.
If you already have an admission somewhere that you are satisfied with, you can turn down an offer to be on a WL.
If this WL offer is from a school you would prefer to the one you have, then say "yes".
It doesn't mean you will eventually get off of this WL, but it gives you a chance.

Officially withdrawing my acceptance and declining my scholarship to attend a school OOS! Hope they both go to one of you folks on the WL😁 enjoy Austin, get some Franklins, and congrats on the privilege of studying alongside the legend @skeptastic!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Officially withdrawing my acceptance and declining my scholarship to attend a school OOS! Hope they both go to one of you folks on the WL😁 enjoy Austin, get some Franklins, and congrats on the privilege of studying alongside the legend @skeptastic!
Congratulation on your successes this year, @xakrinf and thank you so much for being a positive and supportive part of our Republic of Texas this year!

• Care
Congratulation on your successes this year, @xakrinf and thank you so much for being a positive and supportive part of our Republic of Texas this year!
Thank you for all the support and guidance in the process! Literally couldn’t have done it without you😁

Reactions: 2 users
Just saw the residency match 2023 and it says 43 students matched to residency today.
How big is Dell class

Maybe some took a research year. Dell will just have to be transparent with the match rate or else its hard to tell.
2 students are doing a research year, and some are doing cool internships for patient advocacy. 2 students took a year off for personal nonacademic reasons such as family etc. Dell has a very strong record of matching very competitive specialties at t20 programs. That should not be your worry. You should really see if your personality is built for a school like Dell which is truly different than most medical schools.

Congrats to everyone who got to interview at Dell.

2 students are doing a research year, and some are doing cool internships for patient advocacy. 2 students took a year off for personal nonacademic reasons such as family etc. Dell has a very strong record of matching very competitive specialties at t20 programs. That should not be your worry. You should really see if your personality is built for a school like Dell which is truly different than most medical schools.

Congrats to everyone who got to interview at Dell.
Hi, What kind of personality would that be. Interested to find out.

I received a full tuition scholarship from Dell today!! My family and I are over-the-moon!! I haven't stopped smiling since receiving the news. It is also my mother's birthday, and breaking the news to her brought her to tears. We are having a fantastic moment and day, and I had to share it with you all!

I also received my final rejection from an AMCAS med school today, in an odd twist of fate. That makes 13 rejections pre-II, out of 13 secondaries completed. Complete rejection OOS, but welcomed with open arms by UT Austin! I will take it!

I hope other Dell 2027 students got some good news today!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
I received a full tuition scholarship from Dell today!! My family and I are over-the-moon!! I haven't stopped smiling since receiving the news. It is also my mother's birthday, and breaking the news to her brought her to tears. We are having a fantastic moment and day, and I had to share it with you all!

I also received my final rejection from an AMCAS med school today, in an odd twist of fate. That makes 13 rejections pre-II, out of 13 secondaries completed. Complete rejection OOS, but welcomed with open arms by UT Austin! I will take it!

Amazing news!!

• Care

We are all so happy for your family my friend. Nothing bad about Dell except it is in Austin. :)

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
We are all so happy for your family my friend. Nothing bad about Dell except it is in Austin. :)
Thank you so much my friend! We really appreciate it. I told another friend earlier today that the only thing lacking about Dell is not being in Houston haha! In truth, I really love Austin and am excited to be there!

• Love

Dude!!! This is so awesome and so deserved!!!!!

• Care

We love to see it, congrats!!!

• Care