2022-2023 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I prematched on Friday! Very grateful for the call and the admissions department was incredibly open to answer questions, even set me up with a student to talk to.
Nice!! Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received today! Primary verified in May so I am pleasantly shocked o_O

Reactions: 6 users
Just wondering did you guys send thank you letters to your interviewers?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did! And got a great response within an hour. Replied to that email after I got my prematch and the interviewer was so excited. 12/10 would recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
I did not send a thank you note, so it's not essential in order to prematch here. I have not been doing any thank you notes, but this one in particular I didn't feel was justified since I didn't feel a strong connection with the interviewer. You could probably go either way on this!

Reactions: 1 users
IS II just now! It seems they only have one interview date in November and one more in December. I felt like I totally butchered my answer to one of the questions. So for those of you who didn't feel your best after finishing the secondary, don't be discouraged.

Also, for future applicants, I wore a plain button-up shirt (first one or two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled all the down) for my secondary videos, not a dress shirt or shirt+tie. They said to dress comfortably but not shabby. I remember looking for info on what other people wore, and I couldn't find much on SDN.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
secondary invite just now! they are still sending them out folks!!

Reactions: 7 users
Secondary invite at 6 PM today! Very grateful, but my primary got verified early so thought they just legit forgot I existed LOL 💀💀

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got the interview invite call! Was so happy over the phone I couldn't contain it :). Completed the secondary 10/4

• Care
Got the interview invite call! Was so happy over the phone I couldn't contain it :). Completed the secondary 10/4
With that kind of excitement, you may have already been accepted.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
For schools such as Dell that do not accept/take into consideration update letters/letters of interest, do applicants just have to wait until (if) they receive a secondary or II? Will need some clarity on this if possible

For schools such as Dell that do not accept/take into consideration update letters/letters of interest, do applicants just have to wait until (if) they receive a secondary or II? Will need some clarity on this if possible
That is correct, as hard as it is to wait.

Oh yeah, Dell is gonna make most of us wait longer than just about any school out there. Enjoy those hobbies, lol!

Even if updates could significantly impact the way an application is viewed? Particularly with "niche" schools such as Dell.

I thought I'd ask because the window to receive secondaries from Dell is slowly closing... I understand that they take updates approved by TMDSAS, but activities/employment cannot be updated in TMDSAS after submission.

Even if updates could significantly impact the way an application is viewed? Particularly with "niche" schools such as Dell.

I thought I'd ask because the window to receive secondaries from Dell is slowly closing... I understand that they take updates approved by TMDSAS, but activities/employment cannot be updated in TMDSAS after submission.
Dell, and TCU, to name another Texas school with a similar custom, relies on the care you took to present a good and complete application.
They prefer to read that, and make their decisions based on the primary, when deciding who gets invited to a secondary.
At schools which don't welcome updates about activities, you can still talk about them if if you later get the chance to interview.
I realize this doesn't help you right now, but I'm trying to explain the rationale.

Congratulations folks.

People dont realize it but it is incredibly hard to get into a well liked school with only 50 seats. The adcoms have a really hard job choosing a class.

This is one place where being interviewed is an honor.

Reactions: 8 users
OMG!! Prematch as well. I am still looking at it, thinking it's not real. So excited!!
I'm late in saying this, but I see your stats and the post-bacc you completed to reinvent yourself. Absolutely amped for you to have earned this acceptance!! Way to freaking go!!

Wow, I read the posts about prematches earlier and I just saw I got an email from Dell saying "Message from the Dean - Dell Medical School" and for a second I thought I had a decision. But no, they were just wishing recently interviewed candidates a happy holidays lol. Anyone else get that email?

Wow, I read the posts about prematches earlier and I just saw I got an email from Dell saying "Message from the Dean - Dell Medical School" and for a second I thought I had a decision. But no, they were just wishing recently interviewed candidates a happy holidays lol. Anyone else get that email?
Yes & I also did a double take lol

Yeah, an email with the subject line starting "Message from the Dean" on a day prematches are being sent definitely threw me off. Thought I was special lol!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm late in saying this, but I see your stats and the post-bacc you completed to reinvent yourself. Absolutely amped for you to have earned this acceptance!! Way to freaking go!!
Thanks! Same to you!! It is great to see how much success you’ve had and the acceptances you’ve earned. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Care
IT'S NOT OVER!!! Secondary invite today. Dell is my dream school so I'm overjoyed, thought I was out of the running for sure.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
IT'S NOT OVER!!! Secondary invite today. Dell is my dream school so I'm overjoyed, thought I was out of the running for sure.
Congrats. Do you mind sharing stats and when you applied?

Also got the secondary invite yesterday!!! so so happy! :)

II an hour ago - extremely grateful for this unexpected opportunity! They only had two days open for me to choose from, 1/12 and 1/24, so I theorize that they may be wrapping up interviews soon. Just my headcanon though.

• Love
I see more and more cat profile pics on here by the day @CaptNemo. Success follows when you join the cat pfp club. Congrats!!

• Haha