2022-2023 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a full tuition scholarship from Dell today!! My family and I are over-the-moon!! I haven't stopped smiling since receiving the news. It is also my mother's birthday, and breaking the news to her brought her to tears. We are having a fantastic moment and day, and I had to share it with you all!

I also received my final rejection from an AMCAS med school today, in an odd twist of fate. That makes 13 rejections pre-II, out of 13 secondaries completed. Complete rejection OOS, but welcomed with open arms by UT Austin! I will take it!

I hope other Dell 2027 students got some good news today!!
Huge huge huge congrats! Much deserved!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I received a full tuition scholarship from Dell today!! My family and I are over-the-moon!! I haven't stopped smiling since receiving the news. It is also my mother's birthday, and breaking the news to her brought her to tears. We are having a fantastic moment and day, and I had to share it with you all!

I also received my final rejection from an AMCAS med school today, in an odd twist of fate. That makes 13 rejections pre-II, out of 13 secondaries completed. Complete rejection OOS, but welcomed with open arms by UT Austin! I will take it!

I hope other Dell 2027 students got some good news today!!
Amazing, amazing work!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn skep, get it! When they want you, they really WANT you.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just received an offer off the waitlist!! Feeling very honored, excited, and grateful. I’ll need some time to think about things since I have been falling in love with the other program I was accepted into but just wanted to share that the waitlist DOES move!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just received an offer off the waitlist!! Feeling very honored, excited, and grateful. I’ll need some time to think about things since I have been falling in love with the other program I was accepted into but just wanted to share that the waitlist DOES move!!!
Nice!
This is a good time to remind everyone: if offered a place from a WL, you don't have to accept it.
What @rudeplants said was perfect, think it over & talk it over before deciding.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations ! Do you have to accept right away? Or you can think through and then accept

Congratulations. Sounds like it will be a tough decision if Long is giving you a full tuition scholarship.

Dell vs Long! Good luck making the decision. We've been mulling over what we'd do if accepted off the one waitlist we're on, and realized we really won't know unless the opportunity presents itself. Wishing you peace as you figure it out. Congratulations, either way!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you know once you accept a WL how many days do you have to notify your other med school within TX where you have an acceptance?
Ethically, it should be immediate. Practically, it should be once you have received confirmation from your new school.

Reactions: 3 users
Wanted to update y’all: After thinking things over and speaking with Dell’s financial aid department, I decided to decline my offer. They informed me that all available scholarship funding has been exhausted, and though I love Dell as a school, I just can’t pass on my full tuition scholarship at Long. Very grateful to have had the opportunity to reconsider my top school, but unfortunately the stars aren’t aligned

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Wanted to update y’all: After thinking things over and speaking with Dell’s financial aid department, I decided to decline my offer. They informed me that all available scholarship funding has been exhausted, and though I love Dell as a school, I just can’t pass on my full tuition scholarship at Long. Very grateful to have had the opportunity to reconsider my top school, but unfortunately the stars aren’t aligned
It is a 90-100k decision.

Good for you for making a decision so quickly. I don’t have a personal stake in this particular school, but I’m sure whoever gets the offer next will appreciate it!

2 students are doing a research year, and some are doing cool internships for patient advocacy. 2 students took a year off for personal nonacademic reasons such as family etc. Dell has a very strong record of matching very competitive specialties at t20 programs. That should not be your worry. You should really see if your personality is built for a school like Dell which is truly different than most medical schools.

Congrats to everyone who got to interview at Dell.
Hi sorry this is way late, but an MS4 at the preview day mentioned that everyone who applied matched! Obviously anecdotal but with such a small class I'm sure they all know each other.

• Love
I've formally withdrawn my acceptance to Dell Med. Wishing you all the very best, and hoping someone gets my seat and scholarship offer!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I've formally withdrawn my acceptance to Dell Med. Wishing you all the very best, and hoping someone gets my seat and scholarship offer!
Congratulations. Now @MCAThiccy will have to join us on weekends at a bar to be designated. Its not that long a drive from Temple.

• Haha
  • Wow
Congratulations. Now @MCAThiccy will have to join us on weekends at a bar to be designated. Its not that long a drive from Temple.
Thank you! I completely forgot Thiccy will be in Temple. In another post I mentioned us having coffee like a doofus lol.

• Care
I've formally withdrawn my acceptance to Dell Med. Wishing you all the very best, and hoping someone gets my seat and scholarship
If you don’t mind me asking where are you headed. Was it a tough decision.

• Care
If you don’t mind me asking where are you headed. Was it a tough decision.
Hey! I'm headed to McGovern, and it was a super tough decision. Got off the waitlist shortly before the May 15th deadline, so didn't have long to decide. Thankfully, it worked out brilliantly and my family is super stoked!

Hey! I'm headed to McGovern, and it was a super tough decision. Got off the waitlist shortly before the May 15th deadline, so didn't have long to decide. Thankfully, it worked out brilliantly and my family is super stoked!
Best wishes ! You will rock where ever you go. I looked at your post as suggested by Wysdoc. it seems you like Indian food. Same here. You mentioned temple - is it a city/town with some good food joints. Or I did not get it 😅

• Care
So I haven't been the most active here by any stretch, lol but I have been following!

I wanted to share that I had been accepted off the waitlist here on April 7. I had emailed them just as someone else mentioned earlier about financial aid, and I was also told that all the funding was exhausted pending more withdrawals/waitlist movement. I had completely given up on the prospect of ever having a scholarship here, especially since I came off the waitlist, and I had already accepted my loan package...until not too long after Mr. @skeptastic withdrew on Thursday did I hear on the EXACT same day a few hours later that I had been awarded a 100% full ride scholarship because they had just then figured out I was an "embodiment of their qualities" hahaha

Needless to say, I am overjoyed and overwhelmed! Thank you Skep for leaving some for the rest of us lol thought I should let you know somehow

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
So I haven't been the most active here by any stretch, lol but I have been following!

I wanted to share that I had been accepted off the waitlist here on April 7. I had emailed them just as someone else mentioned earlier about financial aid, and I was also told that all the funding was exhausted pending more withdrawals/waitlist movement. I had completely given up on the prospect of ever having a scholarship here, especially since I came off the waitlist, and I had already accepted my loan package...until not too long after Mr. @skeptastic withdrew on Thursday did I hear on the EXACT same day a few hours later that I had been awarded a 100% full ride scholarship because they had just then figured out I was an "embodiment of their qualities" hahaha

Needless to say, I am overjoyed and overwhelmed! Thank you Skep for leaving some for the rest of us lol thought I should let you know somehow
I love it!! Of course, it really had little to do with me and more to do with your worthiness and the availability of the funds. I'm so glad you were able to lighten your load! Congratulations on the acceptance and scholarship. I know the feeling of the debt burden being lifted, and I am so happy for you.

How do apply for a loan package ? After filling out fafsa what are next steps

Can someone explain how do you accept or receive a loan package ? Is it through email after fafsa automatically or you have to request or do anything additional?
Is there a loan program you have to apply based on your admission.
I did fill out fafsa

Can someone explain how do you accept or receive a loan package ? Is it through email after fafsa automatically or you have to request or do anything additional?
Is there a loan program you have to apply based on your admission.
I did fill out fafsa
Contact the financial aid department at the school you will be attending and see if they will make a phone appointment with you to walk you through it

Contact the financial aid department at the school you will be attending and see if they will make a phone appointment with you to walk you through it
Thank you !
So I was under the impression that the colleges will tell you COA along with loan options you can apply for after filling FAFSA.
Is that not the case, I was thinking it is like undergrad

Hello everyone! I’m a longtime follower of this thread who was just admitted off the waitlist yesterday! I’m thrilled and still in shock as this was my top choice. I was wondering if there were any accepted student pages that I could join to connect with my future classmates :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone! I’m a longtime follower of this thread who was just admitted off the waitlist yesterday! I’m thrilled and still in shock as this was my top choice. I was wondering if there were any accepted student pages that I could join to connect with my future classmates :)
Congratulations! :highfive:Is it your first admission?

Got in off the WL yesterday!! (IS) Literally over the moon - and of course this would come not even two hours after I submitted again for this new cycle haha

Got in off the WL yesterday!! (IS) Literally over the moon - and of course this would come not even two hours after I submitted again for this new cycle haha
Oh, well! Wait until things are absolutely confirmed with Dell and then you can message TMDSAS in your portal to explain you just got in from a WL and would like to withdraw your 2023-2024 application.