2021-2022 UT Austin (Dell)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PREMATCH!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol no, as an OOS you be lucky to get good riddance :1geek:.... there is no bargaining as OOS.
No, I'm saying I'm IS, I'm from Texas, but I got an acceptance at a school in another state. Could I still use this acceptance as leverage even though it's at a school out of state?

No, I'm saying I'm IS, I'm from Texas, but I got an acceptance at a school in another state. Could I still use this acceptance as leverage even though it's at a school out of state?
Playing one school off against another is not such a good look.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Dell gives scholarships prior to the ranking deadline? I have multiple prematch offers (Dell being one of them), and cost
will likely sway me towards one school vs another.

Does anyone know if Dell gives scholarships prior to the ranking deadline? I have multiple prematch offers (Dell being one of them), and cost
will likely sway me towards one school vs another.
Also in the same boat. If I remember correctly, I believe that Dell’s aid is mostly need based. I may be wrong. In any case, most schools won’t send an aid package until after Match Day.

Hello, pre-matched as well. Really so pleasantly surprised! I sounded super funny on the phone call I am sure :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hello, pre-matched as well. Really so pleasantly surprised! I sounded super funny on the phone call I am sure :rofl:
I’m hoping it wasn’t a recorded line because I probably blanked twice during the call out of disbelief lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If anyone who interviewed in mid-late october gets a prematch can y'all let your girl know so I don't fixate too much on wanting/waiting for one lol, super happy for everyone prematching!! its such a tiny class y'all have so much to be proud of <3 congrats

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they ever mention how many prematches they were planning on sending out? Or maybe how many they have sent out in years prior?

Reactions: 1 user
Have you heard of people receiving interview invites months after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine late july-early august. From the past threads it seems that the later interviews in December/January went to those who submitted their secondary's October and later.
I have heard of many that submitted early but didn't get interviews until January or so. It's a long, gruelling process and many applicants get a second pass in the review process. While I know some people have acceptances, many schools are still interviewing for the next couple months.

I don’t men to overthink this, but is missing the social the night before a bad look? I have work and can’t make it.
Just to comment further: no, it’s ok if you don’t go. There are only students at the social and we won’t notice if you don’t show up. The social is for your benefit: get a feel for the school and the projects current students are doing, ask questions about the curriculum, get to know your fellow interviewees. It was really comforting for me to see friendly faces the next day.

I agree it is nice for candid feedback, but less so on Zoom tbh. No real 1:1 in that format. You can reach out to any of us on here and we can put you in touch w/ other students if you have specific questions.

Anyone who thought they did poorly on the secondary and ended up getting an interview anyway? 😅 Really struggled with nerves in this format

Anyone who thought they did poorly on the secondary and ended up getting an interview anyway? 😅 Really struggled with nerves in this format
Yeah, I legit was coming up with my answer during the third question answering time. So I stared for the first 20ish seconds when I was supposed to be answering. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you gave genuine answers :)

I thought I did pretty bad on the secondary lol Ended up prematching. It's not the end of the road. I'm sure you did better than you think! 😃

Yeah, I legit was coming up with my answer during the third question answering time. So I stared for the first 20ish seconds when I was supposed to be answering. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you gave genuine answers :)

I thought I did pretty bad on the secondary lol Ended up prematching. It's not the end of the road. I'm sure you did better than you think! 😃

Appreciate y'all so much!! Congratulations on the interviews/acceptance ☺️!!

If people who interviewed later than me received prematches, will I still be able to match with Dell (since there are interviews until Feb that will be considered for match)?

If people who interviewed later than me received prematches, will I still be able to match with Dell (since there are interviews until Feb that will be considered for match)?
Yes of course, they don’t fill their entire class number with prematches, and some who prematched to Dell might have other prematches they will rank higher.

I interviewed at the first interview date, but haven’t been called about an acceptance. Does that mean I didn’t get a pre-match?

I interviewed at the first interview date, but haven’t been called about an acceptance. Does that mean I didn’t get a pre-match?
That means they are still thinking you over. They'll compare you to those who interviewed after you. Only 1 in 7 TMDSAS applicants gets a pre-match.

Received call for II today! Received and submitted secondary mid September, submitted primary early June

• Love
I interviewed 10/22 and still do not have the option to rank Dell in TMDSAS. Has anyone else encountered delays like this? Think I should reach out to admissions yet?

I interviewed 10/22 and still do not have the option to rank Dell in TMDSAS. Has anyone else encountered delays like this? Think I should reach out to admissions yet?
Yes it’s reasonable to email Dell admissions and let them know you would love to see their school updated in your TMDSAS portal so you can rank them

Yes it’s reasonable to email Dell admissions and let them know you would love to see their school updated in your TMDSAS portal so you can rank them
I’m in the same position and did email the admissions team like you’ve advised, but nothing has changed.

II call today. Secondary submitted early October. Canceled as I've already prematched elsewhere. I hope one of y'all get it!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if they’re still handing out II? I submitted my secondary early October but have not heard back

Just got an II call about 10 minutes ago!!! Super excited. Scheduled for Jan 6th. Secondary complete sometime in mid/late september

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone that received and submitted their secondary early November gotten an II yet? Just curious

I got the II call on monday but haven't gotten an email yet. is this normal or should I email and ask them? Cus other people in this thread got the email the same day as the call

I got the II call on monday but haven't gotten an email yet. is this normal or should I email and ask them? Cus other people in this thread got the email the same day as the call
Dell is typically delayed. You can give them a call like I did, and they'll send their email faster. However, their typical schedule is to send the email the day before.

I have heard of many that submitted early but didn't get interviews until January or so. It's a long, gruelling process and many applicants get a second pass in the review process. While I know some people have acceptances, many schools are still interviewing for the next couple months.
Submitted my secondary 8/30 and I just got an II yesterday, 12/17. So, it can still happen. They dates I was offered were Jan 6 and Jan 26/27, can't remember the exact day for the second one.

Dell is typically delayed. You can give them a call like I did, and they'll send their email faster. However, their typical schedule is to send the email the day before.
I got the confirmation email for the interview date the same day, and they said a more detailed email about the interview day would be sent 2-3 days ahead of the scheduled interview. So, if you didn't get the confirmation email I would contact them. I think it is different than the email they send right before the interview day.

Does anyone know how late in the cycle Dell continues to send out secondaries? Just wondering if I still have a chance :)

II today!!!! So incredibly excited. Completed secondary early November.

Reactions: 7 users
does anyone have a rough estimate of how many prematches have come out?

Anyone who interviewed early January have Dell show up on their rankings page yet?