2021-2022 UT Austin (Dell)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Word is that Dell is very match heavy (prematch nonheavy). Despite this, anyone know how many prematches go out on Oct 15?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Dell accepts post secondary but pre-II update/interest letter? I recently published a couple of papers that I think would potentiall could help w their decision. TYIA!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Dell accepts post secondary but pre-II update/interest letter? I recently published a couple of papers that I think would potentiall could help w their decision. TYIA!
Dell does not. But have those things ready to talk about at an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Has any IS received a secondary from Dell recently?

Has anyone heard back from Dell since their interview? Their website says Dell begins extending acceptances after Oct 15...any A's?

Has anyone heard back from Dell since their interview? Their website says Dell begins extending acceptances after Oct 15...any A's?
after October 15, not on October 15.
Looking at past years, they have begun pre-match offers at the end of October.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
after October 15, not on October 15.
Looking at past years, they have begun pre-match offers at the end of October.
They also have called and release letters only after a couple of days if they can't reach you.

Anyone else just in awe after their Dell interview? I interviewed way back and it's been hard to visit other schools and consider them so seriously after the great experience I had at Dell.

Reactions: 1 users
If I was complete at around mid-July and haven't received a secondary or anything, should I just assume I've been rejected?? OOS, ties to tx

Anyone else just in awe after their Dell interview? I interviewed way back and it's been hard to visit other schools and consider them so seriously after the great experience I had at Dell.
this lowkey makes me scared 😂, everyone please rank dell as low as possible so I have a chance hahahah

• Haha
Do we need to have all our letters in to receive a secondary?

Your letters (3 minimum, 4 maximum) should be submitted via TMDSAS. Are you still waiting on one of your recommenders?
I have 3 letters in and was waiting on the extra one. However, I just messaged TMDSAS to take the extra one off today.

What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either received an interview or have already pre-matched?

I don’t men to overthink this, but is missing the social the night before a bad look? I have work and can’t make it.

I don’t men to overthink this, but is missing the social the night before a bad look? I have work and can’t make it.
It’s your best chance to get candid comments from current students, so seems worth it to ask for a bit of time off work to me.

shocked (+ ecstatic!) because I figured I was already out of the running, but I just received a secondary invite! primary transmitted first week of august.

edit: in-state!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Secondary received yesterday! IS, primary transmitted september 13th.

I received the secondary today; was really surprised because I didn't think I would this cycle. Primary was complete in June. Guess you never know!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received an invite to an on-campus interview after completing the virtual interview? I'm a little confused because I remember an email at the beginning of the cycle mentioning there would be on-campus interviews after the virtual ones, but I haven't seen anything about them since then.

Has anyone received an invite to an on-campus interview after completing the virtual interview? I'm a little confused because I remember an email at the beginning of the cycle mentioning there would be on-campus interviews after the virtual ones, but I haven't seen anything about them since then.

During the interview for my session, they mentioned that that was the pre-covid delta surge plan. It’s just the virtual interview for this cycle

They're in the process of planning their in-person second look for accepted students in the spring. I'm not sure if this is for students with prematch offers (which they haven't sent out as far as I know) in early spring or for students after match day. They said they aren't offering any other kind of tours or visits right now.

finished my secondary and feel like i absolutely botched it :D time to cry in the club lol

I'm really blessed to have an acceptance OOS at another school, does anyone think I could use this as leverage to encourage a secondary at least lol

• Haha
I'm really blessed to have an acceptance OOS at another school, does anyone think I could use this as leverage to encourage a secondary at least lol
Lol no, as an OOS you be lucky to get good riddance :1geek:.... there is no bargaining as OOS.

Congrats on the II and also the A! How far out are they scheduling interviews? Also, do you remember were you complete and when did you submit your secondary?
Thank you sm! They offered me 2 Nov dates and I completed my secondary back on Sept 21 I believe. Hope that helps!

There is a max of 5 seats for OOS. So it is quite hard to make the cut.

I checked last year and there were some prematch by this time. They’re really taking their time this year then @@

I'll just point out that Dell also does their pre-match process a little differently than other schools. Most Texas schools send out a batch of acceptances at once on certain dates on a rolling basis. Dell likes to call each acceptee individually and usually do only a couple per day at a time. They also pick up more in the late Winter/Spring as people start finalizing their school decision. So if you haven't heard back at all don't worry, just take it one day at a time

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'll just point out that Dell also does their pre-match process a little differently than other schools. Most Texas schools send out a batch of acceptances at once on certain dates on a rolling basis. Dell likes to call each acceptee individually and usually do only a couple per day at a time. They also pick up more in the late Winter/Spring as people start finalizing their school decision. So if you haven't heard back at all don't worry, just take it one day at a time
Have you heard of people receiving interview invites months after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine late july-early august. From the past threads it seems that the later interviews in December/January went to those who submitted their secondary's October and later.

Have you heard of people receiving interview invites months after submitting their secondary? I submitted mine late july-early august. From the past threads it seems that the later interviews in December/January went to those who submitted their secondary's October and later.

During my student panel, multiple students said they got their interviews in January. They didn’t necessarily mention their secondary dates, but I hope that helps put you at ease for a dry November. The adcoms also promised that Dell’s class comes kind of evenly from the prematch, match, and waitlist. They actually promised waitlist movement. Dell is weird, in a good way. Stay positive!

Reactions: 5 users