2016-2017 University of Texas at Austin (Dell) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you submit or were you transmitted 7/9? Also, mind sharing some stats? :)
I'm new to this TMDSAS lingo, my bad. I submitted 5/31 and was transmitted on 6/9. My LizzyM is about 68. Non-traditional with some (I think? I hope?) pretty unique ECs and leadership background in another field before deciding I wanted to pursue medicine. I really love the mission and vision of this school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't gotten the secondary yet, but I figured I'd start writing ahead lol. Did you guys write multiple examples for each prompt or elaborate on one specific example which represented your characteristics well?

Hey all, I submitted my TMDSAS app 6/03 and received a secondary app invite a couple of days later. I treated each prompt like a personal statement and took lots of time to edit and rewrite them, and submitted 7/22. I am now worried that I may have taken too long. How late are II given? LizzyM score 74.4

Hey all, I submitted my TMDSAS app 6/03 and received a secondary app invite a couple of days later. I treated each prompt like a personal statement and took lots of time to edit and rewrite them, and submitted 7/22. I am now worried that I may have taken too long. How late are II given? LizzyM score 74.4
Don't worry you did it just right. Interview invitations will be sent out as they review their large number of apps with secondary essays.

Congrats! Could you share your stats, IS/OOS and complete date?

Was it still by phone?

Yeah sure but I'm gonna be a little vague about exact stats if that's fine. PM me if you want anything more detailed!
Lizzy M 69-72 but strong upward trend, strong EC
Dell got my app on 5/24, I received the secondary 07/16 (I thought I had been passed over), Complete 07/20

And yes, a really sweet lady called me at 8:30 in the morning!

Reactions: 1 users
II earlier today! Secondary received 7/7 and submitted 7/12. OOS, LizzyM ~70!

So excited! Spent the whole phone call jumping up and down!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my secondary today! Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats man! Same here! It seemed like a long wait though so I just hope that doesn't reflect where we stand in the applicant pool haha

You too! I called earlier to see if my LOR timeline would be a problem, and the woman who answered said that they were reviewing applications in a somewhat random order. I wouldn't worry about it, especially since its a big screen.

Just got my secondary today as well! Primary submitted first day possible back in June. Just goes to show we're still super early in the admissions cycle.

Just got my secondary today as well! Primary submitted first day possible back in June. Just goes to show we're still super early in the admissions cycle.
I thought TMDSAS can be submitted as early as May...because that is what I did. I submitted 5/17 and was transmitted 5/19.

My interview is this week. Nervous and excited at the same time

Good luck, I hope it goes well! :) as long as you prepped well and know your app well, you'll do great!

Would you guys recommend against reusing examples in one of the secondary essays in another of the essays? I have an activity which demonstrates my ability to work as a team member and solve problems for the betterment of others. I wanted to mention it in both essays since I was going to put in multiple examples anyways, but I wasn't sure if it would be a better idea to just include all original content.

Would you guys recommend against reusing examples in one of the secondary essays in another of the essays? I have an activity which demonstrates my ability to work as a team member and solve problems for the betterment of others. I wanted to mention it in both essays since I was going to put in multiple examples anyways, but I wasn't sure if it would be a better idea to just include all original content.

I got an II after using the same experience for two of the essays. Go for it.

I did that and I got an II as well-- I kinda framed the same experience in different ways depending on the prompt.

Does anyone know if you can get a secondary invite here without LOR? Still waiting on my committee letter to be finalised...

For the "adverse situations" essay, are they trying to assess how you think on your feet in the face of adversity or how you overcome significant issues in general? I wanted to write about an obstacle I've had to face pretty much since I was a kid, but I wanted to make sure I'm not taking the wrong approach first.

Oh my gee I keep getting emails from Dell computers and it's making me nutty! Still waiting for secondary

For the people who interviewed here, was there storage available for luggage?

Thanks

After you receive the secondary, does anyone know what percent Dell interviews?

They have to interview 350 people. So that makes me wonder how many people get secondaries

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the people who interviewed here, was there storage available for luggage?

Thanks

The email says no and that we should be prepared to carry things around from room to room--approximately 10 times

After you receive the secondary, does anyone know what percent Dell interviews?

They have to interview 350 people. So that makes me wonder how many people get secondaries

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is a useful breakdown, I doubt they would deviate too much from this general breakdown percentage wise
http://dailytexanonline.com/2015/11...d-of-students-using-unprecedented-application

^Or even secondaries? Transmitted 7/25 and nothing yet, starting to get worried that I'll never get one from here...

^Or even secondaries? Transmitted 7/25 and nothing yet, starting to get worried that I'll never get one from here...

I didn't get a secondary for 2 months (was freaking out!!) but i have an II soo there's hope!

Crazy! I'm sure there are a lot of people who've already interviewed at some TX schools but are still waiting for just the secondary here...

Crazy! I'm sure there are a lot of people who've already interviewed at some TX schools but are still waiting for just the secondary here...

I wonder what the chances of me getting other TX interviews are if I got one at Dell...because I haven't gotten one's from Tech, A&M etc.

I wonder what the chances of me getting other TX interviews are if I got one at Dell...because I haven't gotten one's from Tech, A&M etc.
Mine is the opposite. I'm wondering what I did to offend Dell, that they gave me a secondary but gave me radio silence after 6/15. They're the last school in TX I haven't heard from. But it's ok! We only need one...

Is it normal to have multiple interviews at this point? I just have one and am now freaking out lol

You have 1 more than a lot of applicants.

Yeah haha but when you look at SDN it seems everyone has at least a handful of IIs. Not representative of the whole population.

Yeah haha but when you look at SDN it seems everyone has at least a handful of IIs. Not representative of the whole population.
Do not compare yourself to SDN, it will end you.

Reactions: 2 users

LOL I feel you. I was feeling pretty cool for having 2 and then I saw people with 6-12 and I was like ok....
I'm getting better at letting that not being affected though because I didn't really apply to any schools I would be unhappy at so I just need 1 acceptance but my ego would like more than that hahah

LOL I feel you. I was feeling pretty cool for having 2 and then I saw people with 6-12 and I was like ok....
I'm getting better at letting that not being affected though because I didn't really apply to any schools I would be unhappy at so I just need 1 acceptance but my ego would like more than that hahah

I had a dream I got one from Texas Tech last night haha. Yet nothing on my email. :p

Reactions: 1 users
it seems like texas is being very stingy with II lol or maybe people arent posting when they get them

I feel like there were a lot of II early but most schools haven't given out any in a few weeks at least. Hopefully there will be another wave next week all over the state!