2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it's so wacky that there are so many different avenues to hear back from haha

Haha yea...like I got a portal update, but didn't think it was real. Then got an official e-mail the day after, then got a letter in the mail the day after that. Other people have gotten admissions decisions in multiple ways. Some have gotten it by snail mail first. Some have gotten it by portal update, and some have gotten it by e-mail.

I think if you got a second look e-mail an admissions decision is on its way. Either that or someone made a bad mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It's just so agonizing, right before the end of the business day...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email to save the date for second look but haven't gotten an admissions decision yet from my interview...the email made it seem like they were sending it only to accepted students...anybody else get this email who hasn't received a decision yet?

I would be cautiously optimistic if I were you. I got the save the date for the second look and then got my acceptance email a couple hours later. My portal didn't change until after I received the email acceptance.

I didn't get the e-mail and I am also waiting for my post-deferral decision. I guess that means a rejection is coming :/

This sucks lol, terrible cycle so far -_-

Does Northwestern have any sort of waitlist?

I didn't get the e-mail and I am also waiting for my post-deferral decision. I guess that means a rejection is coming :/

This sucks lol, terrible cycle so far -_-

Does Northwestern have any sort of waitlist?

Don't worry! I think the people that got this email were not deferred yet, because the people that posted here so far all interviewed last month. I think deferral decisions haven't been made yet and we can expect to hear back next week.

Though I'm with you. Terrible cycle for me as well and I'm really really hoping for positive news here

Is this real life??? If they screwed up I will be crying forever

Just received an acceptance email! Couple hours after the second look email

Edit: interviewed 1/25

Reactions: 4 users
I accepted that offer before they can say they've screwed up

Reactions: 6 users
I also just got the acceptance a couple hours after the second look email! YAY

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those accepted! Did anyone that interviewed after 1/25 get accepted? Feb inteviewee here, and dying because this is my top choice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the acceptance email last night! Very cool to get it so early - interviewed first few days of February

Reactions: 2 users
I also got the acceptance email last night! I'm so excited, will most likely end up going here! Interviewed 1-13. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear!

So no decisions have been made for deferred people yet, correct? Everyone who's posting that they were accepted were heading their initial decision? Congrats to all you guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats to all accepted!
Interviewed around the same time as you all and haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea how Feinberg is w/respect to grant money?

Does anyone have any idea how Feinberg is w/respect to grant money?

i heard 25K is the most need-based grant you can get and the rest can be loans/merit based aid. someone reported getting a total of 220k with loans, grants, etc. there was a recent

Deferred until the end of March :cryi:

Anyone know the stats of how much of the class/acceptances are given out at this time?
Also, I stalked prior year posts and it looks like we can expect to hear back earlier than the end of March...This is my top choice school so really looking forward to this (or not, yikes)

If I want to send a LOI, would it be best to do that now (before March/final decisions) or should I wait until after?

Deferred until the end of March as well; good luck everyone. And congrats to everyone accepted!

Deferred until the end of March :cryi:

Anyone know the stats of how much of the class/acceptances are given out at this time?
Also, I stalked prior year posts and it looks like we can expect to hear back earlier than the end of March...This is my top choice school so really looking forward to this (or not, yikes)

If I want to send a LOI, would it be best to do that now (before March/final decisions) or should I wait until after?

I was also deferred, and I think it would be best to wait and save the LOI so that you have something to send in case you are waitlisted in March. If you have significant update I think a general update letter before March may be beneficial. This is my plan since Feinberg is also my top choice :(

For some reason the numbers 25% before march, 75% march and later are in my head but I don't recall where I saw that.

I was also deferred, and I think it would be best to wait and save the LOI so that you have something to send in case you are waitlisted in March. If you have significant update I think a general update letter before March may be beneficial. This is my plan since Feinberg is also my top choice :(

Very true. Thanks for the input! I think I'll send a general update letter soon.

For some reason the numbers 25% before march, 75% march and later are in my head but I don't recall where I saw that.

I really hope this is true lol.

I really hope this is true lol.

I looked back at last year's thread and the post I was thinking of said 25% of each class is a direct/early admit, 50% get deferred and then admitted at end of cycle, and 25% come in off the WL. No legit source or anything tho just some hearsay !

I feel like a baseball fan during the playoffs - acting like I don't care, that it's highly unlikely that I will get in after being deferred..... all the while nursing a small hidden kernel of hope. Argh.

so I was looking tonight and noticed the priority deadline for new student financial aid is March 1st. Does this include people who are deferred? I already submitted my FAFSA but should I do all of Feinberg's supplemental forms now or wait until I know my final decision?

so I was looking tonight and noticed the priority deadline for new student financial aid is March 1st. Does this include people who are deferred? I already submitted my FAFSA but should I do all of Feinberg's supplemental forms now or wait until I know my final decision?
It says March 1st, or if you are admitted later, within 5 days of being admitted. So no, you do not need to worry about it just yet

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hoping it goes to one of you!!

Does anyone know if getting a deferred decision means that you have been placed on the waitlist? Or does a deferred decision mean that you will receive a decision about being either accepted, denied, or waitlisted in March? I hope my question makes sense.

Does anyone know if getting a deferred decision means that you have been placed on the waitlist? Or does a deferred decision mean that you will receive a decision about being either accepted, denied, or waitlisted in March? I hope my question makes sense.

The latter

any deferred applicants get accepted/WL at this point? (i know i know, i'm being annoying lol)

I think decisions will come sometime this week (also deferred)

really? My email states "by the end of March" so I really wasn't expecting to hear back anytime soon

Oh really? My email just says until March, but I was deferred back in the fall so not sure if things changed. From the last years results, it also seems that usually results are all done by beginning of March. Who knows though

Ravioli Ravioli, give me the formuoli (to get accepted to Feinberg)

Reactions: 3 users
Oh really? My email just says until March, but I was deferred back in the fall so not sure if things changed. From the last years results, it also seems that usually results are all done by beginning of March. Who knows though

It's such a tease that in prior years deferred people heard back so early haha
Trying to remain calm and not check the portal too often over here

It's such a tease that in prior years deferred people heard back so early haha
Trying to remain calm and not check the portal too often over here

for some weird reason, maybe its just the schools i applied to, everyone seems to be delayed in the cycle than last year

anyone else dying to hear the outcome of their deferral decision??

i am already dead.