2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you all talking about decisions for people who interviewed since November or for people who were deferred in November? Or both I guess? From all of the messages that admissions have sent, it looks like March would be when we hear back. Obviously hoping it's sooner though!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you all talking about decisions for people who interviewed since November or for people who were deferred in November? Or both I guess? From all of the messages that admissions have sent, it looks like March would be when we hear back. Obviously hoping it's sooner though!
Decisions for November and December interviewees :)

Reactions: 1 user
Are IIs still going out here? I see their interview cycle goes through Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone from Northwestern was looking at my LinkedIn page...who knows?
You got me trialing LinkedIn premium to see if northwestern is looking lol... but sadly they were not

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
They really do be playing games. Vandy’s med school followed me on Twitter but no II 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
That town hall reminder email was an act of violence against Nov/Dec interviewees 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Gonna be on my toes the next two days 🤞🏻

Reactions: 5 users
Pushed to late Feb/early March yay for more waiting

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred, interviewed mid December. Really wanted this one :(

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Deferred,,, got my heart beating so fast 😭😭😭 to anyone sitting without an A anywhere yet, I’m with you, and I’m so fricking nervous

• Care
Blessed with the A! Interviewed 11/30.

Also got the A!!!! Pleasantly surprised, was definitely not expecting it today! I thought it was another announcement/info email lol
Interviewed end of Nov. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Deferred to late February/early March :/ really hoping they send out a lot more A’s around that time

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Do quite a few people end up going from deferred to accepted? Or historically is it basically a waitlist

A!!!! Beyond grateful and excited 😭this is def one of my top choices!! Interviewed early December

• Love
Also wondering this if anyone has any insight
At the interview day I remember them emphasizing that most people hear back in March and this is Really just a small handful of As. I am choosing to stay hopeful!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone received a link to today’s town hall yet?

At the interview day I remember them emphasizing that most people hear back in March and this is Really just a small handful of As. I am choosing to stay hopeful!!!
As I posted about this time last year: I don't have any insights into this year's cycle, but most of the folks I know (inc. me) got their A's in March. Hang in there!

• Love
Just received a post interview package today. It contains a notebook and a folder with a newsletter and other curriculum/financial aid information. I interviewed mid January. Does everyone get one of these packages or is this a sign I got in? I am trying not to freak out because I loved my interview day here 😅

Just received a post interview package today. It contains a notebook and a folder with a newsletter and other curriculum/financial aid information. I interviewed mid January. Does everyone get one of these packages or is this a sign I got in? I am trying not to freak out because I loved my interview day here 😅
Sorry, but schools don't send signs. If (when) you are accepted, they will let you know. What you received is a tiny fraction of the goodies that used to be given out during in person interview days, and that swag was certainly not meant to signal acceptance. It's just a little marketing to make you feel good in case you later receive an A. Nothing more.

• Okay...
Congrats to those accepted! And godspeed to those deferred. Hoping for good news for you soon enough.
Current M1&happy to answer questions here or DM. Disclaimer that I am not involved in admissions.

Thanks for making yourself available! Had a few questions if you don’t mind.

-where do most students live?
-what does an average day/week look like as an MS1? When are you in mandatory class and how much free time do you have?

-2/3 of M1s live in Streeterville. The rest are spread out in Goldcoast, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, etc.
-An average week is probably like 2 days of pretty busy that are like 3 hours of lectures (not mandatory attendance) + 4 hours of mandatory clinical stuff /small group/PBL each day. The rest of the week is about 3-5 hours of non-mandatory lecture each day, plus 2-4 mandatory hours of meetings per month. So you have super busy days and super chill days. Overall I think there's a good amount of free time.

Sweet! Thanks for your answers.

-Do you think there are any foreseeable changes to the curriculum? Any possibility of a shorted preclinical period?
-Do you feel like there are a lot of resources and support for students? Even so in a large class size?
-is it pretty easy to not have a car and get to and from things school events such as ECMH?

Sweet! Thanks for your answers.

-Do you think there are any foreseeable changes to the curriculum? Any possibility of a shorted preclinical period?
-Do you feel like there are a lot of resources and support for students? Even so in a large class size?
-is it pretty easy to not have a car and get to and from things school events such as ECMH?
-I do not expect any significant changes to the curriculum, including the length of the preclinical didactic period, any time soon
- Yes, the admin/faculty support is really good. The class is divided into 8 colleges of ~20 students each, overseen by one faculty mentor who is familiar with the curriculum. I text my mentor on a regular basis when things come up. The admins are very reachable and many times they have referred me to appropriate recourses right away. I really feel that everybody is here to support our success.
- You do not need a car for school events. For ECMH, if your site is far, you get the money for riding in Lyfts.

Congrats to those accepted! And godspeed to those deferred. Hoping for good news for you soon enough.
Current M1&happy to answer questions here or DM. Disclaimer that I am not involved in admissions.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions!

- do students typically live in apartments with people in their class?
- do students volunteer at only one community clinic or do some people volunteer at multiple?
- what is the exam schedule like? I remember vaguely hearing that there are exams once every three weeks, but I am not sure if I am remembering correctly.
- what made you pick Feinberg over other schools?

Last edited:
Any detectives know what dates final MD decisions have been sent out over the past few years?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer questions!

- do students typically live in apartments with people in their class?
- do students volunteer at only one community clinic or do some people volunteer at multiple?
- what is the exam schedule like? I remember vaguely hearing that there are exams once every three weeks, but I am not sure if I am remembering correctly.
- what made you pick Feinberg over other schools?
- I think a good number of students have classmates as roommates. a 2+ bedroom apartment can get quite expensive in downtown Chicago though, so I think the majority of people live alone. M2s-M4s are more likely to live alone as they get used to it.
- For ECMH you are only assigned to one site. There are definitely many opportunities to volunteer in your own time.
- Exam every 4-6 weeks.
- I liked Feinberg's commitment to diversity, supportive admin, location, and strength of student body/matching prospects. So far I have not been disappointed.

so do we think they're done sending II?

Pre-II R...

I never applied here....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
That’s so weird! How would they have gotten your contact info even. I didn’t even know they sent pre-II Rs.
im assuming the same way schools like WUSTL get our emails to send us mail encouraging us to apply. In this case i guess it was "in case you were thinking of applying, don't!"

• Haha
im assuming the same way schools like WUSTL get our emails to send us mail encouraging us to apply. In this case i guess it was "in case you were thinking of applying, don't!"
Maybe that R was meant for me. I just sent in an update this week and they wanted to tell me “ugh, as if!!” lmao

• Haha