2020-2021 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any idea what it means if you havent heard back yet? Worth sending a LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WL gang - are you sending updates/letters of intent ASAP or waiting a little until all the acceptances are sent out? I don't know which makes more sense

WL gang - are you sending updates/letters of intent ASAP or waiting a little until all the acceptances are sent out? I don't know which makes more sense
waiting bc i feel like WL movement wouldn’t start until april anyways

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard the movement is something in the range of 15-20, but this year it's anyone's guess with how the cycle has gone. If you have LOI or updates, send them. If you don't, clasp hands and clench sphincters because we're in it for the long haul.

FSM seems keen to see these so I certainly would, FWIW
You think even if I've already sent them 2 long update/continuing interset letters? Idw sound desperate, even tho they are really my absolute top choice

Members don't see this ad :)
We have no idea what it meant to receive no decision? I was deferred in November but nothing this time?

You think even if I've already sent them 2 long update/continuing interset letters? Idw sound desperate, even tho they are really my absolute top choice
I would, I don’t think it seems desperate I think it shows commitment and genuine interest

Did they send any information about second look? The website says by mid-February

Accepted, crying, interviewed December, deferred in January

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!! This is my dream school, deferred November interviewed October

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
A via email just now too, interviewed 1/15

Congrats y'all! Out of curiosity did you send any communication since the 2/26 decision date?

I got a deferral email on that date, but I did not send anything. I'm thinking they just hadn't gotten to review my app at that point!
Cool cool, yeah been deferred since November. Wondering when I'll hear a decision.

• Care
Also got the A! Interviewed October, deferred November, silence last Friday. Only cried a little...

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Have they said anything about the second look day being virtual or in person?

Does anyone think these have been all the acceptances for previously deferred people :/

Does anyone think these have been all the acceptances for previously deferred people :/
Haha unfortunately my thought is that they sent the final A's to the crew last night, and the rest of us deferred folks will be getting WL/R tonight. However, if they don't come thru with a decision tonight, then I'd say there is still a chance for us.

• Sad
congrats to everyone accepted! can anyone (current students esp) speak to how much of the class comes from the WL?

congrats to everyone accepted! can anyone (current students esp) speak to how much of the class comes from the WL?
Im also on the waitlist, and I think most school will have a lot of waitlist movement this year because the financial aid offers and merit school scholarships would be less bec of covid. I know one school that isnt offering merit scholarships this year

Reactions: 1 users
MSAR says about 10 acceptance offers are granted to applicants off the waitlist. Doesn't give a number for size of the waitlist though, so idk how useful that'll be for you

To those who have been accepted, does filling out the acceptance form mean that you are committed to Feinberg? Or does it mean that you acknowledge the acceptance and want to "keep" it until the April deadline?

To those who have been accepted, does filling out the acceptance form mean that you are committed to Feinberg? Or does it mean that you acknowledge the acceptance and want to "keep" it until the April deadline?
It's just holding your spot, as far as I understand. I believe that you'll still be able to explore other offers through April.

Reactions: 1 users
the latter

Has anyone spoken with the financial aid office here? Have they defined mid-March?

does anyone have an idea of when deferred applicants will hear back with a final decision? the waiting is killing me🥲

does anyone have an idea of when deferred applicants will hear back with a final decision? the waiting is killing me🥲
Based on my definition of "Early March", it should be this week haha

welp. I officially have no more guesses as to when we'll hear back:(
Oof, yeah and it seems like there are just 2 of us SDNers being left on read. Why hold on to just a few apps? Doesn't make sense to me.

Oof, yeah and it seems like there are just 2 of us SDNers being left on read. Why hold on to just a few apps? Doesn't make sense to me.
me neither! manifesting that A for both of us over here:cool:

Im also on the waitlist, and I think most school will have a lot of waitlist movement this year because the financial aid offers and merit school scholarships would be less bec of covid. I know one school that isnt offering merit scholarships this year
Not sure why merit would be any lower this cycle, the markets are near all time highs for their endowment growth. last cycle was the big unknown with markets down huge.

Last edited: