2017-2018 Feinberg School of Medicine (Northwestern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called and they said Dr. Kundu has announced that all decisions will be out on or before 3/1 (Thursday).
Thanks for calling! Do you guys think this includes the initial deferral/acceptance? I'm still waiting on mine from mid-January.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did anyone recieve a call from Northwestern today? I missed a call from them, but was accepted a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone recieve a call from Northwestern today? I missed a call from them, but was accepted a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah it was just a student telling us about second look and answered any questions you might have.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was probably a current student calling to see if you will come to second look or if you have any questions about Feinberg. That's what I just got. I thought it was really nice!
Edit: Nathan17182 beat me to it! lol

M4 here, let me know if anyone has questions about the program, hospitals, living in Chicago, etc.

Congrats to those who have been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!
Can I ask how much students typically pay for rent in apartments within walking distance of campus? Probably with a roommate.

Reactions: 1 users
Can I ask how much students typically pay for rent in apartments within walking distance of campus? Probably with a roommate.

Ballpark $1200-1600/month. Depends on location, how new the building is, amenities, etc. I’ve heard of some below and above that range.

Does anyone know if Feinberg is relatively generous with merit aid? Or is it pretty much reserved only for the superstars among superstars?

I called and they said Dr. Kundu has announced that all decisions will be out on or before 3/1 (Thursday).
Can anyone attest to this as well. Not saying you're a liar hopefulkid6, just want to make sure that my anxiety is warranted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone attest to this as well. Not saying you're a liar hopefulkid6, just want to make sure that my anxiety is warranted.

im like 90% sure none of us will get a decision until April simply because the gods hate us.

I'll venmo someone $2 to call the admissions office and confirm...

that was the direct quote she told me; she said Dr. Kundu had informed her that decisions would be out on or before today--idk if they're faking us out ofc i hope not!!

Also congrats to the incoming class! You all will love it here!

only NU email I got was from the MSL program...

Aight so if we dont get decisions today we agree to excommunicate longshot6?

Aight so if we dont get decisions today we agree to excommunicate longshot6?
mob1.jpg

It was hopefulkid6, a different member of the 6 family.
If your name were "OVO" I'd go ahead and throw you your 6 God props for that one...

Alas...:(

(intended to point that out for a while now...)

I walked by the admissions office at 5pm, there was no lights on...if that means anything.

So I called at 5:46EST and spoke to the same staff member and she said "they said around March 1st and today isn't over yet" and now i'm feeling HAD

So I called at 5:46EST and spoke to the same staff member and she said "they said around March 1st and today isn't over yet" and now i'm feeling HAD
I can picture Dr. Kundu dressed in all purple, sitting in her office watching us obsess over a decision that will never arrive.

Reactions: 4 users
Around March 1st, could mean march 2nd...oh well we live another day for our NU dreams

Let me translate "I'm not on the Admission Committee - they told me they're perspective plans, but I'm not on the email list so IDFK what the F is going on any more than you do"

so i broke down and called. the lady who answered said that all decisions should be out within the next week, but I also had to explain what I meant by a deferred applicant.. soo.. that probably doesn't make anything more definitive.

so i broke down and called. the lady who answered said that all decisions should be out within the next week, but I also had to explain what I meant by a deferred applicant.. soo.. that probably doesn't make anything more definitive.
I feel like they're trolling us at this point

I also just emailed them and they said "they should have all decisions out by mid-March"

Maybe they push decisions back by one day every time somebody calls and asks?

Last year they released some decisions on March 7th according to last year’s thread

This wait is killing me, I haven't even gotten a deferral yet from mid-January.

Withdrew my acceptance here a few days ago. I hope my spot goes to one of you and you all hear good news soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance here a few days ago. I hope my spot goes to one of you and you all hear good news soon!
Have fun at the "oh just some school in Boston." Congrats btw!

for anyone planning on attending Second Look - are you thinking about leaving right after events end of Friday or staying a little while on Saturday to explore?

for anyone planning on attending Second Look - are you thinking about leaving right after events end of Friday or staying a little while on Saturday to explore?
I booked my flight for Friday night because I figured we'll have some time to enjoy the city after events end on Thursday night. This is just my guess though!

well boys, its "sometime this week"

Reactions: 8 users