2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
received merit scholarship today around 5pm ET. No need based financial aid yet though. Hope that can be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

received merit scholarship today around 5pm ET. No need based financial aid yet though. Hope that can be helpful!
How did you know it was only merit scholarship? Mine included a letter highlighting a grant "determined by a need analysis based on the financial aid application information". I wonder if this means I only received need-based or if they combined both in the same letter...

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you know it was only merit scholarship? Mine included a letter highlighting a grant "determined by a need analysis based on the financial aid application information". I wonder if this means I only received need-based or if they combined both in the same letter...
I am wondering the same thing because all mine says is "Medical School Grant" I am not sure if that is need-based or merit-based though?

I am wondering the same thing because all mine says is "Medical School Grant" I am not sure if that is need-based or merit-based though?
I got both merit and grant last week. they were outlined separately in the letter and in the portal.

My notification was via email and said “merit scholarship in the amount of x” explicitly. At the end of the email it said I may be eligible for additional need based grants and loans based on an analysis of FAFSA etc.

Is there hope for those of us who haven’t yet received any FA? Anyone else not received anything yet, or is it just me?

Hello! I just got a financial aid offer today. There is a part that reads:

"Please complete the Scholarship Offer Response Form via the FSM Applicant Portal notifying us of your acceptance of this merit scholarship prior to the uniform acceptance date of May 2nd or no later than 5 business days after receipt."

For those who may have gotten a similar letter, does this mean we have to accept/reject the offer within 5 days or can we wait until May 2nd? Thanks in advance!
Also wondering about this

Has anyone been accepted but has withdrawn/decided to go to another school?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else received their need based grant but not their merit based scholarship yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet? Wondering about movement

Reactions: 2 users
I just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
It’s been awful quite. Anyone heard anything about WL movement?

It’s been awful quite. Anyone heard anything about WL movement?
I haven't heard anything. Maybe someone could call and see if anyone in admissions has any insight. I know on the Case Western forum it was mentioned that some applicants are not following traffic protocol, which is delaying their waitlist movement.

accepted student here, I spoke with Dean Kundu about a potential fin aid update & she told me a day later, they are going through “a cycle unlike any other” and they overfilled their class. This was the morning of 5/3

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
not sure if that means anything^, but just wanted to share. Also I’ve withdrawn my A, wish you all amazing waitlist movement

Have any other accepted students heard similar to med2b3? What are the Facebook group and accepted GroupMe numbers like? Does it seem like it is overfilled?

Have any other accepted students heard similar to med2b3? What are the Facebook group and accepted GroupMe numbers like? Does it seem like it is overfilled?
Yup, I'm also an accepted student and heard the same thing from the dean that the class is overfilled rn. I personally don't think WL movement will happen this week just based on that alone, but I may be wrong!

Yup, I'm also an accepted student and heard the same thing from the dean that the class is overfilled rn. I personally don't think WL movement will happen this week just based on that alone, but I may be wrong!
Also an accepted student here, just curious if you heard this from Dean Kundu in a one-on-one conversation or if I missed some critical email? Thanks :)

1651703757294.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Also an accepted student here, just curious if you heard this from Dean Kundu in a one-on-one conversation or if I missed some critical email? Thanks :)
She told me in a follow up email when I was trying to match scholarships this past weekend!

She told me in a follow up email when I was trying to match scholarships this past weekend!
Thanks so much! I was also frantically trying to figure out my scholarship siutation this past weekend. Hope everything worked out in your favour!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Discussed additional financial aid w Dr. Kundu Friday as well and she indeed said the class is overfilled. They will not be looking at the WL likely for weeks if at all - just a heads up.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance-- hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist! :)

Reactions: 1 user