2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So it has to be this Friday or early next week right?? I can't imagine they would be making decisions after or during Second Look weekend.
ya i would think so. I feel like any last As would have to go out asap (if there are any more to give out) since second look is so soon

Members don't see this ad.

ya i would think so. I feel like any last As would have to go out asap (if there are any more to give out) since second look is so soon
I agree. I also haven’t heard anything. Is there a number I could call and ask to check my app status/ask if news is going out tomororw? I don’t want to be a bother to them but I’m dying over here in anctitpixari

I called admissions today and they said they’re trying to get all final decisions out by early next week

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just sent my withdrawal email. Good luck to everyone still vying for a spot here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted about 15 minutes ago! Interviewed in early January. I will be attending, so if anyone wants to chat, send me a DM!

Reactions: 10 users
Dang did all acceptances go out around the same time today?

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted, but declining

And that’s the official end to my cycle. It’s been a pleasure... good luck y’all!

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? :scared:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting that they have us wait until April to give decisions and then tell us we need to give reasons why we don’t wanna be on the waitlist.....

Waitlisted today. This one really hurt...my interview was probably as seductive (in an attractive applicant sense) as I could possibly be, but still not enough

Also waitlisted :( I guess it’s nice to finally have an answer though

Is there any way to know our ranking in the wait list?

LOL waitlisted, will most likely withdraw.

did they waitlist everyone who didn’t get acceptances?

sorry reporting super late but was off SDN the past 10 days or so but also got a WL email on Wednesday after late Jan interview

Second look was lit, you guys rock. See ya soon!

Reactions: 3 users
For current students or anybody that might know:
1) Is pre-clin 1.5 or 2 years? I'm a little confused by the 3 "phases"
2) How are clerkships graded? Is there a cap on who gets honors / does it generally feel very competitive?

For current students or anybody that might know:
1) Is pre-clin 1.5 or 2 years? I'm a little confused by the 3 "phases"
2) How are clerkships graded? Is there a cap on who gets honors / does it generally feel very competitive?
Pre-clin is 2 years, and I believe there is a cap on who gets honors based on where you rank from your clerkship grades. First two years are completely unranked Pass/Fail though. I don't think it feels competitive at all right now, and I think most people would say the same (unless you're gunning for ortho out of the gate or something).

Pre-clin is 2 years, and I believe there is a cap on who gets honors based on where you rank from your clerkship grades. First two years are completely unranked Pass/Fail though. I don't think it feels competitive at all right now, and I think most people would say the same (unless you're gunning for ortho out of the gate or something).

What year are you?

Just withdrew from the WL here. Feinberg just isn't financially feasible compared to other options now. Hope it helps :) I encourage anyone who's not seriously considering to drop as soon as you come to that realization!

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew from the WL here. Feinberg just isn't financially feasible compared to other options now. Hope it helps :) I encourage anyone who's not seriously considering to drop as soon as you come to that realization!
I could't agree with you anymore. I just withdrew from the waitlist too. The school and the location are so expensive.

How many of y’all are going to live by yourselfs in Chicago? Do most people get roommates?

Has anyone been able to click on Accept fin aid on the CAESAR website yet? I've already accepted grant/scholarship by signing physical forms, but have not been able to do so for the online portion.

withdrew from the waitlist, good luck to everyone waiting.

Has anyone heard back from the admissions office about scholarship renegotiation?

Also have not heard back. Do all of you have other scholarship offers you’re trying to get matched or just asking for more money?
I got a scholarship offer from another school matched, but I already had existing merit scholarship they just had to increase it a little to match. I’m not sure they’ll just give you a scholarship or increase your scholarship just for asking. They seem good about matching though!

Last edited:
I got a scholarship offer from another school matched, but I already had existing merit scholarship they just had to increase it a little to match. I’m not sure they’ll just give you a scholarship or increase your scholarship just for asking. They seem good about matching though!

Who did you email?

I had a large scholarship from another school. Northwestern didn't match, but they did increase my scholarship today. Overall they offered me a decent amount of $$, but still about 50k less than the other school, which to be fair is lower ranked

I had a large scholarship from another school. Northwestern didn't match, but they did increase my scholarship today. Overall they offered me a decent amount of $$, but still about 50k less than the other school, which to be fair is lower ranked

How long did it take for them to work it out with you?

Does anyone know if most of Feinberg’s WL offers (if any) are made in early May or do they tend to wait longer after April 30?

Does anyone know if most of Feinberg’s WL offers (if any) are made in early May or do they tend to wait longer after April 30?
Based on previous threads, most acceptances off the wait list go out right after April 30th on May 1st and May 2nd. However, I think some other acceptances were also reported later in may and even early June. Hope this helps! My fingers are crossed for all of us