2021-2022 Northwestern (Feinberg)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R, submitted 6/30 + update sent early November. Happy to not be waiting anymore:’) good luck everyone still in the running! It’s a great school.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It was also 3.5 weeks ago! :)
👏🏻 I sent mine in on 12/28/21, nothing 😕 do you mind sharing if you are OOS or IS? Strong ties and stats?
Edit: This II I’m responding to was 1/4/22 to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
👏🏻 I sent mine in on 12/28/20, nothing 😕 do you mind sharing if you are OOS or IS? Strong ties and stats?
???? I was just pointing out that the post you were responding to was reporting an II on 1/4. It is now 1/28, and people are speculating whether Feinberg is still sending IIs. Your post, which quoted the person reporting the II, might lead some to believe that the II came today.

Also, what do you mean by "I sent mine in on 12/28/20"? Sent what? And are you talking about last month, or a year ago?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
It was also 3.5 weeks ago! :)
Your post started misleading the audience here…. Didn’t expect someone not appreciating congratulations message. Only when I found out you pretended to be @ezsigh

• Okay...
Is there any type of facebook group or group chat for accepted applicants?

Reactions: 4 users
Dang, just got the pre-II R after sending in an update last week. Complete sometime in August. LM 73, OOS. Really sad, I still don’t have any IIs and don’t know what’s wrong with me :(

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Also pre-II R just now! Complete end of August, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R, complete end of July 😩

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang, just got the pre-II R after sending in an update last week. Complete sometime in August. LM 73, OOS. Really sad, I still don’t have any IIs and don’t know what’s wrong with me :(
+1 to literally every part of this, def stings a little

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R just now as well ☹

• Care
pre-ii R as well! almost thought i dodged the wave at first but feinberg shut that down real quick

• Care
Pre-II R! Honestly I've been expecting this ever since I submitted my app in July:rofl:

• Haha
Pre-II R yesterday evening. Just saw it. Best of luck to the rest of you!

• Care
Is anybody else waiting on an II? I just want some sort of answer at this point idec anymore..

Is anybody else waiting on an II? I just want some sort of answer at this point idec anymore..
Yeah same, I guess it's a good sign to not have an R yet, but I can't tell if we actually have a shot? This is at a handful of schools that have been sending pre-II Rs but I'm still waiting for any news

Yeah same, I guess it's a good sign to not have an R yet, but I can't tell if we actually have a shot? This is at a handful of schools that have been sending pre-II Rs but I'm still waiting for any news
In the same boat. Fingers crossed.

Is there an accepted student group chat anywhere??

pre-II R just now too, they rly had me thinking i escaped the wave a few days ago 🥲

• Care
pre-II R also! Tough bc this is such a great school.

Pre-II R as well 😭, they really just had to give us some false hope.

• Sad
Anyone remember when January interviews are supposed to hear back? I interviewed 01/25 and am wondering if it was Feb or March when we hear back

Congrats to those accepted! And godspeed to those deferred. Hoping for good news for you soon enough.
Current M1&happy to answer questions here or DM. Disclaimer that I am not involved in admissions.
Thank you for your time!
1. This is a bit of a more general question but how did you feel your transition was to medical school at Feinberg? Does the school do anything special to smooth the transition? Did you ever feel overwhelmed in the beginning or was it somewhat like your undergraduate experience?
2. I was wondering if you could talk a bit about the exams. I'm honestly not too fluent in the vocabulary but it's to my understanding that some schools have "soft" in-house exams versus other schools have NBME-style exams? Also what are the pass cutoffs around usually? Do you know if it's common to have to remediate?

Thank you in advance!