2015-2016 University of Texas - Austin (Dell) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They adopted the "MMI" and the "Group Exercise" from my show The Apprentice.

Mr. Trump

Last edited:
Why do y'all use Dell to call the COM? It's the greatest state institution of the Great State of Texas, University of Texas at Austin, my alma mater, College of Medicine. The name Dell is Irrelevant. Hook 'em Horns!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why do y'all use Dell to call the COM? It's the greatest state institution of the Great State of Texas, University of Texas at Austin, my alma mater, College of Medicine. The name Dell is Irrelevant. Hook 'em Horns!
Cause that's what it is named, The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School... No where in the name is college of medicine.

The reason is because the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation pledged 50 million dollars for the school. You need to understand that we are a nation where a lot of the times money is the biggest factor in decision making. The money donated by the Dell Foundation was the biggest factor when naming the medical school. This is why many politicians sound like machines in their speeches; they are paid to say the things they say. I would like to note that the 50 million dollars is still a really small amount compared to the fortunes I have made from my successes throughout the years.

Mr. Trump

Reactions: 1 user
II invite for the 18th of August!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm completely stumped on "3. Please give examples that indicate your ability to creatively solve problems for the betterment of others."
Any pointers?

Hey guys, I'm completely stumped on "3. Please give examples that indicate your ability to creatively solve problems for the betterment of others."
Any pointers?

It's essentially asking in what way do you help others. Tutoring, for example, would be precisely solving problems for the betterment of others.

Any pointers?
Have you ever solved anyone else's problems? My examples were super specific and personal so I definitely can't share them.
The way I went about it is I thought about my volunteering, leadership activities, work, etc, and tried to think of any problems I fixed. Just go through all your activities, something is bound to come up.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of who have received interviews, do you mind posting when you submitted your secondary? :)

Well there goes my happy "they must have submitted before me and that's why I didn't get an II yet" theory :(
So sad
Don't feel bad man, people with lower stats and later apps have heard back from tech and San Antonio. Me? nadda from them so far.

Hello.
I got a phone call from (512)49551xx which is from Austin this Wednesday.
Those who have interview call have the same number by any chance?

Last edited:
Seems like the really high stats applicants are getting the secondaries first? i wonder what their cutoff will be...

That kinda makes sense cuz Dell will definitely be research focused, as it initially will be operated as a regional campus of UTSW, which primarily does research. And having attended UT Austin for 4 years myself, I just know that Dell will be research focused, so it kinda makes
sense to get the high stats first. Just my opinion.

I did a lookup in the UT directory, and that was an admissions office number! So congrats

That kinda makes sense cuz Dell will definitely be research focused, as it initially will be operated as a regional campus of UTSW, which primarily does research. And having attended UT Austin for 4 years myself, I just know that Dell will be research focused, so it kinda makes
sense to get the high stats first. Just my opinion.

Has anyone else received an II or know of someone else that has?

So i haven't been invited to complete a secondary yet. Stats are 3.8/29 and transmitted 7/10. Is it safe to assume iv been denied from this school already? or should I call and prod them?

So i haven't been invited to complete a secondary yet. Stats are 3.8/29 and transmitted 7/10. Is it safe to assume iv been denied from this school already? or should I call and prod them?

If you call or email them, they will give the generic answer of we are reviewing the app (saying from experience). Maybe if you get lucky they will tell you more. If you look at previous posts you will see that people are saying that they might be sending out invites during the entire interview season.

Just had another mini heart-attack when I saw Dell in my inbox... But it was just another newsletter :(

^Same. I suppose maybe we got screened out, but my numbers aren't THAT low. I'm not sure what the deal is.

They did. At least their website said they would screen for secondaries I believe.

If you look earlier in the thread a lot of people were talking about not getting secondaries too. After talking to admissions, they came to the conclusion that you can get a secondary at probably any point during the interview season. So there is still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, there is definitely more to their screening process than just what is stated. A friend of mine got an interview at Baylor but still has not gotten a secondary from these guys. So, who knows what they are really screening for.

Alright y'all. I'm IS and have 3.6 GPA and 35 MCAT. My app was transmitted to Dell on 7/20, and I haven't received a secondary from them yet. Should I be worried? I feel like I should be concerned.

Do they even send an under review email when they receive your application?

The first email I got from them was the secondary, and then after submitting I received a "secondary received" email.

Ah I see. Well here's to hoping I get the secondary soon. I would love to be in Austin, though I know it's a long shot being OOS.

Ah I see. Well here's to hoping I get the secondary soon. I would love to be in Austin, though I know it's a long shot being OOS.
Same here. Good luck to you. This was the very first secondary I turned in, and I haven't heard from then since :(

II this afternoon. :)
They are still calling applicants to schedule.