2015-2016 University of Texas - Austin (Dell) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary by invite.

1. Please give examples that indicate your ability to function effectively, as a productive member of a team working towards a common objective. Discuss your role and contribution to those teams.

2. Please give examples that indicate your active engagement in your community.

3. Please give examples that indicate your ability to creatively solve problems for the betterment of others.

4. Please give examples that indicate your ability to overcome adverse situations.

All have a 4000 character count limit.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'll be applying. Graduated 2012 from Missouri. Currently working at SMCA. Who else is looking to start something new?

I'm going to apply. Is their application going to be separate than TMDSAS or AMCAS because they're so new?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to apply. Is their application going to be separate than TMDSAS or AMCAS because they're so new?

TMDSAS is supposed to send out an e-mail when their application is available. It will be through TMDSAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Keep in mind they are only accepting 50 applicants and if your out of state that is only 5 spots you are fighting for due to the 90% law

TMDSAS is supposed to send out an e-mail when their application is available. It will be through TMDSAS.

So if we submit the TMDSAS before their application is released can we still apply?

So if we submit the TMDSAS before their application is released can we still apply?

Yeah. They should let everyone know and I guess you'll just go into your application and submit it to the school.

Is there any knowledge as to the timeline for when Dell expects to receive the final go ahead from the LCME? Everywhere I've seen has just said summer, but I was curious to know if there was a more accurate time frame that had been announced.

Will be applying here, even as an out of state student. Love their mission and the city. Really hoping they are willing to consider non-trads

I heard June 26th

Application is available, check tmdsas, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just sent in my email to request to apply! So excited

Heck yeah! Sent my e-mail.

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, is basically the entire MS3 year devoted to research and hardly any clinicals? It looks like they condense pre-clinicals into one year and start rotations MS2.

I just received notification that Dell has been added to my school list. It looks like it transmitted right away. Hopefully everyone else who requested its addition will get the same notification today! That was way faster than I expected!

Reactions: 1 users
Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, is basically the entire MS3 year devoted to research and hardly any clinicals? It looks like they condense pre-clinicals into one year and start rotations MS2.
This is interesting. Unless I misunderstood, Year 1 has 2 years worth of pre-clinical material, Year 2 is basic rotations, Year 3 is research, and Year 4 is rotations again. Seems sort of odd.

This is interesting. Unless I misunderstood, Year 1 has 2 years worth of pre-clinical material, Year 2 is basic rotations, Year 3 is research, and Year 4 is rotations again. Seems sort of odd.
Yes... Very...

Just got invited to do the secondary!

Reactions: 2 users
@KKT1992, are you IS or OOS?

Edit: And congrats, by the way! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Can you share the questions?

1. Please give examples that indicate your ability to function effectively, as a productive member of a team working towards a common objective. Discuss your role and contribution to those teams.

3. Please give examples that indicate your ability to creatively solve problems for the betterment of others.

4. Please give examples that indicate your ability to overcome adverse situations.

All have a 4000 character count limit

Reactions: 3 users

All have a 4000 character count limit
Thank you! Seems a little intense compared to other secondaries seeing as we already wrote extra essays for tmdsas, but I guess when you're only taking 50 students you want to be extra selective!

Thank you! Seems a little intense compared to other secondaries seeing as we already wrote extra essays for tmdsas, but I guess when you're only taking 50 students you want to be extra selective!

I think the 4000 character limit is just a limit. They say at the top quality of the response matters more than quality. I feel like if you have an amazing answer in 2000 to 3000 characters it's better than filling in extra fluff to get the full amount.

But ya I agree it's super daunting.

Anyone still waiting for Dell to be added to their schools? I sent the message Monday night and still waiting.

Added by Dell School but still havent recieved secondary. anyone else?

Added by Dell School but still havent recieved secondary. anyone else?

They screen for secondaries. So, might take some time. If you don't kind, when did you request to be added and when were you added?

+1, have not received secondary. Thought my stats would be competitive, too...and I sent my request message < 30 minutes after TMDSAS said it was available. Dell added to app around 4pm.

Hiii guys! For reference:

I got confirmation from TMDSAS my application was transmitted to Dell at 3:30ish PM on June 22.

I received their secondary June 23rd (AKA yesterday) at 10ish AM. And another email today around 1 PM making sure that I did in fact receive the invitation because they're a new school and wanted to make sure everything went through okay.

I'm IS, cGPA = 3.89, sGPA = 3.93, MCAT = 33

Honestly if you haven't recieved an invite by now I wouldn't freak out. They're such a desired school and this is their first application season they probably got TONS of applicants yesterday and it's just taking awhile to screen through them. Good luck y'all :)

Last edited:
I think they're just back logged because if they screen just mcat gpa then I doubt they'd have screened us all out. I was added the next day after they sent the email and haven't got a response. Pre-write the secondary and assume you'll get one if your stats are fine, shouldn't set you back.

It's so early, I think they're definitely just backlogged and developing their screening process, etc. At least y'all have the questions. You'll probably still have it turned in around the same time ppl who got the first round of invites because like tbh these essays are taking me forever and I don't think I'll have it in for another week. I can't imagine they'd go by fast for anyone.

What I'm trying to say is don't worry it's so early and they're a new school they're probably still working things out. & good luck to everyone :)

OH and bonus the secondary cost no $$$ !

guys... I have a LizzyM of 68 MCAT and still received a secondary... If I can get it then all you +70 LizzyMers will get it.

Just got my secondary now.

I'm guessing they screen sub 25MCATs and sub 2.5 GPAs or something like that... haha not much of a screen

Last edited:
i think they screen sub 25MCATs and sub 2.5 GPAs or something like that... haha not much of a screen

How do you know that? Is it written somewhere?