2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I personally just made a table on Microsoft word, inputted my info on that table, and copy and pasted that into the email.

Members don't see this ad.

Really? my checklist did. There should be a word doc attachment on the email
I got the first batch of prerequisite emails from Dr. Cortez and it did not have attachment. It was a table within the email itself.
Then the second time they sent via webadmit, it had the table but no colors or lines.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally just made a table on Microsoft word, inputted my info on that table, and copy and pasted that into the email.

Did they respond to you after you submitted like that? I had made my own at first and then they emailed me again saying I had to use their word doc that’s attached to the email so I sent in another one

I got the first batch of prerequisite emails from Dr. Cortez and it did not have attachment. It was a table within the email itself.
Then the second time they sent via webadmit, it had the table but no colors or lines.

Oh okay yeah mine came through rufina and then webadmit

Reactions: 1 user
Did they respond to you after you submitted like that? I had made my own at first and then they emailed me again saying I had to use their word doc that’s attached to the email so I sent in another one
I actually emailed them and asked if they received it and they told me they did

And mine came through webadmit only

Nah. Some get and some don't. Some have been admitted already from both groups and some of us still waiting.
Oh ok. I wonder if that has something to do with how easy transcripts are to read. I've had friends who have transcripts that are hard to decipher what the class was and the duration ie semester or quarter schedule.

it seems like having anything above a 500 probably hurts you even if its still considered low by all other schools.
this is really not true, i am not sure why people are spreading false info about students accepted to this program. i have a 4.0 and 510+ and got accepted. also have A's to several other US MD schools but will likely be attending CDU because I want to stay in LA. not everyone has super low stats...

Reactions: 7 users
Oh ok. I wonder if that has something to do with how easy transcripts are to read. I've had friends who have transcripts that are hard to decipher what the class was and the duration ie semester or quarter schedule.
Yes but moreso name of courses. Like I took labs but my transcript does not say labs for some courses.

this is really not true, i am not sure why people are spreading false info about students accepted to this program. i have a 4.0 and 510+ and got accepted. also have A's to several other US MD schools but will likely be attending CDU because I want to stay in LA. not everyone has super low stats...
Blame MCAT bros and the people claiming almost everyone accepted only has 1 acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
I interpreted it as they have what looks like a gap from fairly high stats and lower stats like 510+ and sub 500 but fewer with like 498-505 but I’m not sure if that’s what was meant . I have friends with over 510 and CDU alumn and didn’t get in yet . I think we’re all a bit confused on the selection process so everyone is throwing out theories. I don’t think it was meant to shade anyone’s acceptance and put them in a box of CDU is their only hope

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an invite to accepted students day but no official acceptance email?

The AAMC fair is going on and Dr. Cortez is overseeing the chat. If you have questions you can register. She might be able to answer them. Just FYI. Oh and I just found out apparently CDU does not have rolling admissions.

The AAMC fair is going on and Dr. Cortez is overseeing the chat. If you have questions you can register. She might be able to answer them. Just FYI. Oh and I just found out apparently CDU does not have rolling admissions.
They explicitly said their admission process wasn't via rolling admissions?

Lol when you get an email asking for CDU alumni donations for a class you weren’t admitted to. lmao they are ruthless. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Lol when you get an email asking for CDU alumni donations for a class you weren’t admitted to. lmao they are ruthless. 😂
haha i saw that. yeah, I am not donating any money. you already took a lot of money from me as part of my tuition and still wasn't enough. CDU is not getting 1 more dollar from me.

Reactions: 1 users
haha i saw that. yeah, I am not donating any money. you already took a lot of money from me as part of my tuition and still wasn't enough. CDU is not getting 1 more dollar from me.
I owe 70k from the masters lol i need donations too

soo its been silent here. i just want my R at this point lol

class is officially full, just got told I am on the waitlist. i am not expecting much movement though. I am wondering if everyone received this or just a few people. 😑
Oh i get you. But people can accept more than one offer right ? Then see what financial aid package is the best to make a decision? I thought they have time still even after accepting

Oh i get you. But people can accept more than one offer right ? Then see what financial aid package is the best to make a decision? I thought they have time still even after accepting
Yeah in theory the waitlist can move anytime between now and May 1st. But after that who knows, very rarely does it move. I think someone mentioned they sent out financial aid packages yesterday.

Yeah in theory the waitlist can move anytime between now and May 1st. But after that who knows, very rarely does it move. I think someone mentioned they sent out financial aid packages yesterday.

Financial aid packages have not been sent out.

yeahh kinda expecting an R at this point. especially because i’m OOS lol

Reactions: 1 users
So if you didn’t get a waitlist email then it’s a rejection? Or did everyone get one?

SMH got the WL as well. I already got 3 acceptances. But outside of California. Debating if I should risk it and stay here 😭

• Wow
  • Sad
SMH got the WL as well. I already got 3 acceptances. But outside of California. Debating if I should risk it and stay here 😭
my two cents on this is to take one of your acceptances and become a DOC (don't do anything to put your acceptances at risk). Worse case is you will be away from home for four years but then you can come back for residency. Trust me, plenty of people would give anything to trade places with you.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
So if you didn’t get a waitlist email then it’s a rejection? Or did everyone get one?
1680549056623.png

Oh so it’s not one of those generic emails. That’s good to know I guess. Lol
this is straight from the CDU website- it's their admission policy which seems like they just revised it because i don't remember seeing a date before

this is straight from the CDU website- it's their admission policy which seems like they just revised it because i don't remember seeing a date before
Nah, it's still the same. It's the Student Selection policy document that doesnt list the date

Does this mean that there is a rank list until April 30th that is different than the waitlist?