2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also WL couple days ago... Int. in Jan.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a call letting me know I hold one of the top spots on the waitlist. Movement may take place. They will notify me later this month.

Reactions: 5 users
I received a call letting me know I hold one of the top spots on the waitlist. Movement may take place. They will notify me later this month.
What happened with them wanting you to take a course? (Or am I confusing you with someone else? My bad if I am)

What happened with them wanting you to take a course? (Or am I confusing you with someone else? My bad if I am)
They are still asking me for it. But now that I know I'm close I'm going to take it lol. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard someone that got a 494 mcat got a full ride. Anyone else get a scholarship not from LA? How many of those do they got

• Wow
The LA Scholarship is usually awarded to 8 individuals among CDU/UCLA, Geffen School of Medicine, and now CDU MD. You don’t apply for it, you’re preselected by a committee.

Reactions: 2 users
its a new school tho so how do you know??
its a new school tho so how do you know??
I’m going off how CDU does things and the waitlist email said you could be on the waitlist as late as July 10 and that’s when school starts so I’m just planting a seed in my head to reapply n retake mcat by June . But if you wanna just wait for the decision lol hey do your thing lol. I just have had bad experience waiting for the best n not being prepared to reapply

Reactions: 3 users
I’m going off how CDU does things and the waitlist email said you could be on the waitlist as late as July 10 and that’s when school starts so I’m just planting a seed in my head to reapply n retake mcat by June . But if you wanna just wait for the decision lol hey do your thing lol. I just have had bad experience waiting for the best n not being prepared to reapply
Cdu university? That’s way diff I don’t think that’ll make people wait that long

Cdu university? That’s way diff I don’t think that’ll make people wait that long
If you received a WL email, then you’d know that they said we can hear as late as 07/10. It’s not completely uncommon to possibly receive an acceptance near class start date.

If you received a WL email, then you’d know that they said we can hear as late as 07/10. It’s not completely uncommon to possibly receive an acceptance near class start date.
wl i get but how bout like not hearing anything like post interview cuz thats where im at lol

Meharry and Howard never even sent me denial letters when i applied in 2020 and CDU/UCLA sent it in July . So it happens . I’m just saying if you’re banking on CDU i wouldn’t think it wise to shoot yourself in the foot by not submitting an app early for next cycle waiting for a miracle . Letting us know is not a priority of theirs lol. Their priority was the 60+ that got offers. I’m not saying all hope is lost I’m just saying eggs are too expensive to put them all in one basket . Lol

And questioning my logic or sources won’t speed up the process lol but i wish you all the best of luck and hope an acceptance comes through this cycle soon 🙏🏾

And questioning my logic or sources won’t speed up the process lol but i wish you all the best of luck and hope an acceptance comes through this cycle soon 🙏🏾
I’m not questioning it lol and I’m not depending on cdu I have an A elsewhere. I just saw ur response and was curious to know if u have any experience .. 😂 it’s not that deep lol & I think it’s messed up that schools play these games and inform people last min. It’s just so ridiculous I can’t wrap my head around it lol

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not questioning it lol and I’m not depending on cdu I have an A elsewhere. I just saw ur response and was curious to know if u have any experience .. 😂 it’s not that deep lol & I think it’s messed up that schools play these games and inform people last min. It’s just so ridiculous I can’t wrap my head around it lol
exactly! and this is why wherever you end up you have to change the culture. We have to become a part of this process and change this nonsense. enough is enough.

Nah i feel you it’s not that deep and it is ridiculous. Lol and congrats on your acceptance

does anyone have any insight on the mandatory orientation that starts july 10th? what would happen if you aren't able to attend?

I can’t remember who said it here but does anyone remember the program through the military that helps you pay for medical school and you serve as a physician to veterans ? And the other program that helps you pay for medical school and you serve underserved communities? Thank you in advance